The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save: Mid-Release Review (re-opens in JANUARY).

[DE]Rebecca

Thank you so much DE thanks to this I can finally return to play Warframe… I played something about 1h and every thing is as I left it in my previous account (PC player, but now I’m forced to play on PS). Love this game and again… Thank you so much for this, looking forward for next update and tennos remember “We all lift together”

I, personally, had absolutely no issues merging my three major console accounts at all. I'm not sure what the difference was between me having no trouble and everyone else who did have trouble, but I had everything I had worked for on all three profiles, that I know of. This has been an absolute godsend. I've been wanting this for years and, as always, you beautiful souls delivered. Thank you guys so much. Ya'll have absolutely no idea how much you mean to everyone who has fallen in love with this game and the devteam over at DE. The way you interact with your players, keeping them in the loop and just the overall transparency is something all video game developers and publishers should aspire to. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno - our ambitions of delivering Cross Platform Save in 2023 have been a partial success. We are hitting pause. Over 100,000 Tenno have used the feature in the short time that it was open (WOW), but it will not be open over the holidays for stability and technical reasons.

More details on that:

Stability: When we opened the gates on Dec 22, it brought down our operations for just under an hour. We have since fixed this at-scale for now, but we cannot risk it happening again without full-time supervision.

Technical Reasons: On a per-hour basis, we are finding at least 1 major issue being reported that will prevent someone from playing over the holidays. We do not want this to trend in any direction other than down, so we have closed the gates.  

We return in January to re-open and re-allow the feature to be even more user-friendly and stable.

Apologies that we could not keep it open, but it will be back!
See you in 2024!

Have a Happy holiday Rebb, thank you for giving those who do have cross save enabled it was an amazing Tennobaum present.

Oh well that's unfortunate, but hey, they might fix the small issues with the progression being missing and some stuff completely vanishing (read some forums on here about them). I'm glad that its out and delayed. hopefully in january there will be no issues in merging. I don't want to lose my progress!. 

Happy Holidays.

Thanks for the rollout, and hope you have a happy holiday! Just one question: for those who have successfully completed crossave (with no/minimal issues) will we still have the feature enabled as we play across multiple consoles/systems? Allowing us to play through crossave even though the feature is 'paused'?

8 minutes ago, TetraGuard said:

Thanks for the rollout, and hope you have a happy holiday! Just one question: for those who have successfully completed crossave (with no/minimal issues) will we still have the feature enabled as we play across multiple consoles/systems? Allowing us to play through crossave even though the feature is 'paused'?

As I understand the cross-save system, as well as speaking from personal experience and the experiences of friends, if you were one of the lucky 100,000 Tenno to get cross-save set up in the windows they gave us these past few days, you're good. What's being paused is any further account linking/merging for cross-save. So either you got cross-save set up and you can continue to play Warframe to your leisure over the holidays, or you didn't and you're going to be waiting for DE to get back from their well-earned holiday break. 

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

...delivering Cross Platform Save in 2023 have been a partial success...

I don't agree with some decisions DE makes for Warframe, but daring to go "completely cross platform" is one heck of a brave move. Making that decision is the real success, the rest is mostly "nuts and bolts". Admittedly, there is a humongous amount of those nuts and bolts, many of which don't fit together. 

And I am saying this as a "will never touch a console with a stick" dedicated PC-only gamer.

Cross Platform is a huge service for all players, and I sincerely hope it will prove to be a boon for DE and add years of life and content to Warframe.

- - -

I do hope that the next move after Cross Platform will be to strenghten the "core Warframe", from E Prime to the outermost reach of the Warframe universe. The success of Whispers is not only that the most common feedback is "this is fun to play", but that the fun comes from adding more "new components" to the current game, rather than expanding it with "new content". An intricate, complicated and extremely diverse Warframe universe with a mind-boggling amount of "things to do" will keep players playing, a dumbed-down rush for ultimate power will burn that interest out.

There is a new "post-youth" frontier currently opening up in the gaming world, with gamers getting back to (or continuing) gaming into their normal, settled, "grown-up" life. The most potent selling point for the games they play is the recreation of the feeling they once experienced (thus all the remakes and "re-concepts"), and nothing can create that better than a game that is still going strong, over ten years later. But "grown-ups" have work, family, money and much less time to play ("the rule of life" 🙂), and burning through a game as quickly as possible is just a totally ridiculous concept. But a vibrant, functional and diverse gaming universe, where you can jump in for 20 minutes or 2 hours and get on with whatever "project" you are currently is engaged in, and even seamlessly play both "alone" and with your family and friends, now that is one sure winner. So is Warframe's F2P + "speed up the chores by paying"-concept, when you have the money but not the time...

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 2

I realized that switch trading died for me, my console was broken and for a few days I wanted to play on PlayStation, does that mean that I will no longer be able to trade with those on my platform if I am on switch? I thought it was a good idea to link but no.