Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd like to see Tubemen of Regor and Shadow Debt back as quests

Genitive

There are some operations that are quite important to the story and without them some context might be lost on those players, who started after these operations were already gone. The anniversary this year showed that the return of the old operations was possible, so it would be nice to have at least some of them back as side quests. I believe the two from the title at least should be brought back.

Tubemen of Regor would serve as a good finish to the whole mutalist Alad V thing. Currently, without any context attached, he's just there and his plot thread seems to go nowhere (even though it has been resolved in the aforementioned operation that's not in the game anymore). As a quest it could be unlocked after completing Patient Zero and defeating mutalist Alad V once.

Shadow Debt could serve as a good introduction to the acolytes. As it stands, they just appear in the steel path and that's it. If it was a quest, it could become available once a player unlocks the steel path.

At the end of the day it is a shame that all the additional lore just goes to waste once an operation has ended.

Hot Take:

Either make them into a traditional quest or have a super condensed version of the event built like a Multi stage bounty that is one whole mission on a static tile set. Make it replayable with the ability to active Steel Path on it as well, of course.

I honestly wish they *REALLY* use tilesets and update the mission system. That's one of the best things about Zariman and the Murmur Labs. I honestly wish they focus on efficient utilization of a tileset's space over a new OW. I could go on but I need to make an actual thread with my thoughts fully organized.

• Like 1

Mutalist Alad V is a complete mess as it stands. Apparently, most of his story happened off-screen in events which are no longer available, taking him from a Corpus director to a mutated monstrosity. We take out Mutalist Alad V and he's presumed dead, up until he turns up as a helper NPC in The Second Dream. ... Except the Second Dream happens long before players reach Eris, so we experience his story backwards and it makes no sense.

Yes, I agree. Story-heavy events need to be redesigned into proper quests. It would help with the massive story drought as players progress towards Uranus to start the actual plot.

• Like 1