The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Warframe

Mayurin000

I really like the Grineer in this game. Hopefully in the future there will be a Grineer themed warframe with the Grineer's unique metal legs and metal arms. I think it's really cool. Looks like kuva lich with its unique characteristics. Different body parts I think that's cool. I think the story can support that. If there is a grineer themed warframe, I really like the design of the kuva trokarian and kuva lich. I hope there will be a grineer warframe in the future, a grineer theme.

Might be a good excuse for a gas-powered frame as well.

If anything, it reminds me of the lore of the Grineer and how they're all continuously dilapidating clones of their strongest warrior from way back in the day.  Might be something based off of that combined with a War Machine scenario (a.k.a. taking a dormant warframe and slapping on Grineer modifications).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Might be a good excuse for a gas-powered frame as well.

If anything, it reminds me of the lore of the Grineer and how they're all continuously dilapidating clones of their strongest warrior from way back in the day.  Might be something based off of that combined with a War Machine scenario (a.k.a. taking a dormant warframe and slapping on Grineer modifications).

The idea of using gas power isn't bad, but I think Grineer's strengths are its durability and Featured weapons Is it possible that we will see a warframe that has the power to summon personal weapons like hildryn?

On 2023-12-23 at 8:21 AM, Mayurin000 said:

I really like the Grineer in this game. Hopefully in the future there will be a Grineer themed warframe with the Grineer's unique metal legs and metal arms. I think it's really cool. Looks like kuva lich with its unique characteristics. Different body parts I think that's cool. I think the story can support that. If there is a grineer themed warframe, I really like the design of the kuva trokarian and kuva lich. I hope there will be a grineer warframe in the future, a grineer theme.

I’ve made a concept before. One where a frame was designed to be the ultimate war machine. But he became severely injured. Losing an arm and a leg, all that. The grineer found his body and used their own cybernetics to fix him up. They also warped what was left of his mind into believing the Tenno was responsible. Leading to an all out war against the frame. Forcing the Tenno to use transference to fix his broken mind and “take away its pain”. 

The original prime was influenced by the destructive nature of the grineer. Which is what made his inferior clone best suited for the role of cybernetic enhancement. While most frames were destroyed, he remained due to his tough design. Maybe has an alternate/deluxe skin where he doesn’t have such injuries. So for the most part, maybe the Prime could be designed like the Seer Pistol. Where it uses both orokin and grineer technology/designs. Fight fire with fire. That’s the sort of origin story I pictured for such a frame to exist following the original lore. 

For his skill kit, I pictured his passive being that he can jump higher and melee slams have wider range. Only melee equipped increases the speed of his heavy melee swings.

1). Fires 3 homing rockets at up to 3 enemies. Hold to mark a specific target. 

2). Teleport slam. Simply teleports to an enemy and performs a ground slam. If no melee is equipped, he will just use his fist. With a melee equipped, he will inflict greater damage. 

3). Heavily increase the damage of Melees. Can be applied to allies and companions.

4). Summons an Exalted Archgun that can switch between explosive rockets and basically Gatling bullets. 

That’s the basic. Grineer is all about destructive force. So basically I combined the most annoying/biggest grineer concepts into 1. He would have the absolute highest armor than any other frame. Maybe like 1-2,000. Probably zero shields. While his energy and speed would be a bit on the low side. 

But that’s just my opinion. 

That's a great idea. I think it's quite interesting about The story you're talking about I agree that Grineer is annoying because of his thick armor. It would be very interesting to see the design of the grineer warframe in the future, but I think the idea you gave skill 4 instead of Exalted Archgun, why not just call Exalted melee since skill 3 is a buff. Melee attack damage It may come in the form of heavy weapons. Hammer type is fine.

On 2023-12-24 at 8:38 PM, Mayurin000 said:

That's a great idea. I think it's quite interesting about The story you're talking about I agree that Grineer is annoying because of his thick armor. It would be very interesting to see the design of the grineer warframe in the future, but I think the idea you gave skill 4 instead of Exalted Archgun, why not just call Exalted melee since skill 3 is a buff. Melee attack damage It may come in the form of heavy weapons. Hammer type is fine.

Well the skills were just examples. When I make concepts, I try to be more open minded and welcome all that contribute to the theme for DE to ultimately decide if they ever take the concept into consideration. People can suggest pretty much anything and the only criticism I may give is if they are either without any sort of sync or if they already exist for another frame. Like if someone suggested an ability that boosts both armor and weapon damage, I would be forced to remind them that Vex Armor already exists. I try not to be narrowminded about ability similarities but some people seem to not have gathered all the frames before making their concepts.

As for his overall design, for starters grineer are know for their big forearms and thighs. I took my Rhino with an alternate skin and equipped him with Saturn Six armor and gave him a black and brown design with little bits of red. I also used Atlas’s boxing stance too. But basically picture a Rhino with extra large forearms and thighs. Bigger shoulders and back. And have that typical camouflage design. DE has made “Graxx” skins which gives Warframes a more grineer look which could help with the idea of what a grineer frame would be like. He would probably have what looks like breathing tubes around the face area, considering he was heavily damaged. His prime would have a unique orokin camouflage design.

I also made a grineer concept of a big boxer type grineer who believes guns are for the weak. He was a unique mutation that made him physically bigger and stronger than most grineer and believe their reliance on guns and cybernetics is why they can’t beat the Tenno. But he got too full of himself and thought he could replace Ruk who then burns him to near death to teach him a lesson. When he woke up he became enraged to find out he basically had a suite built around him, making him not too different from the rest of the cybernetic grineer. His suit is designed to keep him alive so he has no choice. Basically picture the Dark Knight Bane but with half his face burnt, looking kind of old/deteriorated. His body would look like a mixture between Darth Vador and Iron Man but with large forearms and such. His signature weapon is the Korrudo. He has 3 bars of health, first one he fights with a more sparring style. But health bar 2, he fights like he is using Fists. At his final health bar 3, he fights using grappling and such. Losing a bar of health means damage to his suite which makes it hard to keep going and starts to rely more on berserker rage to keep moving. After his defeat during the main quest, he was cloned and becomes the guy who shows up during sabotage missions to keep the Tenno from extracting. So he would spawn by the extraction point and release a barrier that takes time to dismantle. 

That concept was created for a Volcanic frame concept where he was protecting a large power source to a giant thumper like machine and your job is to sabotage it which he tries to prevent. But once defeated it does a cut scene where it shows him knocked into the power chamber/tube and leaves a crack. He starts wheezing and such before he starts to stand back up, but then a molten hand bursts out and grabs him by the face, burning him until he passes out. Then the volcanic frame bursts out of the chamber in an unstable form, forges a hammer axe that crushes the grineer’s skull before stomping the ground/body and making it bounce up and land over his shoulder mimicking the drawing I have made. 

I try to get into really deep details mainly in order to make it easier for DE to add them into the game if they ever decide too. And I try to encourage others to join in. I figured if more people are united on concepts, DE would be more likely to take them into consideration. Like how Nova and Xaku were community frames. We could start our own. But dudes be wanting frames exactly how they prefer so people are never United but instead are likely to argue. 

Maybe if someone started some sort of trend called “Community Frame: Insert Theme”, this for example being Community Frame: Grineer Theme, maybe people could gather with their own ideas of such a theme. No names, no big suggestions. No competition. And maybe DE would see it and take them into account. DE have expressed constantly that some of the concepts that exist is because the community asked for them. The most recent example being Voruna as so many people asked for a wolf theme frame and her abilities match some that I’ve seen on this forum. 

But that’s just my opinion. Before I officially post a concept, I ask dudes I play Warframe with how they feel about the concept first. If they express that they would love it, then I officially post the concept. I’m not the best drawer so I can’t draw up concept left and right. So for the most part I try to describe them with as much detail as I can. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Well the skills were just examples. When I make concepts, I try to be more open minded and welcome all that contribute to the theme for DE to ultimately decide if they ever take the concept into consideration. People can suggest pretty much anything and the only criticism I may give is if they are either without any sort of sync or if they already exist for another frame. Like if someone suggested an ability that boosts both armor and weapon damage, I would be forced to remind them that Vex Armor already exists. I try not to be narrowminded about ability similarities but some people seem to not have gathered all the frames before making their concepts.

As for his overall design, for starters grineer are know for their big forearms and thighs. I took my Rhino with an alternate skin and equipped him with Saturn Six armor and gave him a black and brown design with little bits of red. I also used Atlas’s boxing stance too. But basically picture a Rhino with extra large forearms and thighs. Bigger shoulders and back. And have that typical camouflage design. DE has made “Graxx” skins which gives Warframes a more grineer look which could help with the idea of what a grineer frame would be like. He would probably have what looks like breathing tubes around the face area, considering he was heavily damaged. His prime would have a unique orokin camouflage design.

I also made a grineer concept of a big boxer type grineer who believes guns are for the weak. He was a unique mutation that made him physically bigger and stronger than most grineer and believe their reliance on guns and cybernetics is why they can’t beat the Tenno. But he got too full of himself and thought he could replace Ruk who then burns him to near death to teach him a lesson. When he woke up he became enraged to find out he basically had a suite built around him, making him not too different from the rest of the cybernetic grineer. His suit is designed to keep him alive so he has no choice. Basically picture the Dark Knight Bane but with half his face burnt, looking kind of old/deteriorated. His body would look like a mixture between Darth Vador and Iron Man but with large forearms and such. His signature weapon is the Korrudo. He has 3 bars of health, first one he fights with a more sparring style. But health bar 2, he fights like he is using Fists. At his final health bar 3, he fights using grappling and such. Losing a bar of health means damage to his suite which makes it hard to keep going and starts to rely more on berserker rage to keep moving. After his defeat during the main quest, he was cloned and becomes the guy who shows up during sabotage missions to keep the Tenno from extracting. So he would spawn by the extraction point and release a barrier that takes time to dismantle. 

That concept was created for a Volcanic frame concept where he was protecting a large power source to a giant thumper like machine and your job is to sabotage it which he tries to prevent. But once defeated it does a cut scene where it shows him knocked into the power chamber/tube and leaves a crack. He starts wheezing and such before he starts to stand back up, but then a molten hand bursts out and grabs him by the face, burning him until he passes out. Then the volcanic frame bursts out of the chamber in an unstable form, forges a hammer axe that crushes the grineer’s skull before stomping the ground/body and making it bounce up and land over his shoulder mimicking the drawing I have made. 

I try to get into really deep details mainly in order to make it easier for DE to add them into the game if they ever decide too. And I try to encourage others to join in. I figured if more people are united on concepts, DE would be more likely to take them into consideration. Like how Nova and Xaku were community frames. We could start our own. But dudes be wanting frames exactly how they prefer so people are never United but instead are likely to argue. 

Maybe if someone started some sort of trend called “Community Frame: Insert Theme”, this for example being Community Frame: Grineer Theme, maybe people could gather with their own ideas of such a theme. No names, no big suggestions. No competition. And maybe DE would see it and take them into account. DE have expressed constantly that some of the concepts that exist is because the community asked for them. The most recent example being Voruna as so many people asked for a wolf theme frame and her abilities match some that I’ve seen on this forum. 

But that’s just my opinion. Before I officially post a concept, I ask dudes I play Warframe with how they feel about the concept first. If they express that they would love it, then I officially post the concept. I’m not the best drawer so I can’t draw up concept left and right. So for the most part I try to describe them with as much detail as I can.

That's a great proposal and idea. I wish I had a Community Frame: Grineer Theme, you gave me so much inspiration. But as you said People don't always have the same opinion about the Grineer frame's capabilities. I have a slightly different opinion than you. But the first proposal regarding the Exalted Archgun skill is quite interesting. Thank you for sharing your information and ideas. I hope the art grineer frame I am going to design and draw from now on will be Hope people like it. But I need to gather as much information and designs on various grineers as possible. And still need to design skills.

1 hour ago, Synpai said:

Isn't Lavos pretty close to Grineer in theme?

I think lavos only have appearances. It's close to, but not quite Grineer themed. Lavos is designed around an alchemist theme. The skills aren't really connected to Grineer, I just want to see a Grineer frame and skills to match.