Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War shortened my lifespan

Hrodgrim

Words cannot communicate how livid this quest makes me. I would PAY to be able to skip story quests, just to get to the normal missions after them. They consistently boil my blood every time I try to do one.

As for The New War itself, the Jackal fight when you play as the Corpus crewman is infuriating enough to bring one to suicide. I finally beat it but only because I got the Jackal stuck outside of the electric zone. There is simply not enough time to drag the explosive Moa to wherever he needs to go before the Jackal gets back up. Soon after the Jackal fight, there is a section that forces you to sneak around and doesn't let you fight at all. The enemies here have sightlines that are bigger than the visual indicators show. This section wasn't as irritating as the Jackal, but it made me quit playing for like a week after I finally finished it. Next up were the three Archon fights. They're pretty good fights except for the Owl. The Owl Archon shoves you around and fires off its big attack before you get a chance to react to it with your SNAIL PACE Drifter movement speed. Telegraph its Caliban attack a little longer for the love of all that is good.

• Like 1

And I seriously can't communicate enough on why I fail to understand how people struggled with this Quest, yes the Owl fight was a bit of a hassle, but once you learn the ropes it becomes easy.

Still, to be fair there are many reasons (some more personal) why people struggle with this. However, it mostly boils down to people being so used to their AFK-Wukong or "Press 4 to win" Frames (or weapons), that something that takes them out of it, is suddenly super difficult for them.

Hell, I'd PAY to have Drifter gameplay as a permanent replacement over the Operator skillset we have, no special powers, warframe for only a few brief moments

But hey grats on beating it! o7

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

And I seriously can't communicate enough on why I fail to understand how people struggled with this Quest, yes the Owl fight was a bit of a hassle, but once you learn the ropes it becomes easy.

Still, to be fair there are many reasons (some more personal) why people struggle with this. However, it mostly boils down to people being so used to their AFK-Wukong or "Press 4 to win" Frames (or weapons), that something that takes them out of it, is suddenly super difficult for them.

Hell, I'd PAY to have Drifter gameplay as a permanent replacement over the Operator skillset we have, no special powers, warframe for only a few brief moments

But hey grats on beating it! o7

Probably the only time i’m going to agree on one of your posts, but i do and I totally agree on the drifter archon hunts i feel they are there to test the players skill set and i’m all for it if you struggle with the drifter archon hunts then it’s simple “get good” watch for openings learn the patterns get familiar with how the drifter moves how to get the max out of the nataruuks charge shot etc.

I don't understand as a business model why you gate lock any new content in such a way that not only can you NOT play the new content, you can't play the OLD content either and are stuck in purgatory until you either finish or decide to uninstall. Just unreservedly dumb. People who enjoy this should be able to do the play through and maybe get some kind of bonus for it. People who don't should be able to just watch the cutscenes and skip. And there should always be a rollback option.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Probably the only time i’m going to agree on one of your posts, but i do and I totally agree on the drifter archon hunts i feel they are there to test the players skill set and i’m all for it if you struggle with the drifter archon hunts then it’s simple “get good” watch for openings learn the patterns get familiar with how the drifter moves how to get the max out of the nataruuks charge shot etc.

Yeah, I don't like the whole "get good" type of thing, but in a situation like this, it's down to the player's fault. Unless of course there is a personal reason behind it (like medical) then of course full respect for the player needs to be taken into account and they need help with such (DE stepping in to provide help)

But we've got too used to our Frames and hell even this new boss fight we have that is very hard (being vague here due to spoilers) I've seen a few people complain cuz they can't nuke it in one hit.

But overall, glad you do.

(Have we met? I have a terrible memory)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

33 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, I don't like the whole "get good" type of thing, but in a situation like this, it's down to the player's fault. Unless of course there is a personal reason behind it (like medical) then of course full respect for the player needs to be taken into account and they need help with such (DE stepping in to provide help)

But we've got too used to our Frames and hell even this new boss fight we have that is very hard (being vague here due to spoilers) I've seen a few people complain cuz they can't nuke it in one hit.

But overall, glad you do.

(Have we met? I have a terrible memory)

Nar we haven’t per say, just seen some of your posts here and there.

9 hours ago, Hrodgrim said:

Words cannot communicate how livid this quest makes me. I would PAY to be able to skip story quests, just to get to the normal missions after them. They consistently boil my blood every time I try to do one.

This is a bit over the top, lmfao