Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teshin's Cave system still needs a lot of work

(PSN)Lord_Bucket_

With how limited weapon slots are without spending money, players are inclined to sell off bad weapons that they've already mastered. But thanks to the way Teshin's cave is more likely to select weapons that you don't own, all these mastery fodder weapons keep showing up and flooding out the more desirable weapons. The system would be so much better if it selected weapons based on mastery, rather than ownership. There would be relatively little change for newer players that don't have many weapons yet, but it would be huge for high MR players that keep getting forced to use weapons they got rid of

36 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Tenshin's cave was supposedly changed to exactly this a while back.

No, they just changed the weighting so it's (supposedly) less likely we'll roll weapons we've mastered and tossed.

Lowered the odds of weapons that you’ve already Mastered and sold appearing in the Cave.

• If a player has Mastered a weapon and sold it, it is likely they are less eager for it to appear in Teshin's Cave. So the odds of those weapons appearing has been decreased to increase the player's access to unowned and unmastered weapons.

Not like I've been keeping careful records or anything, but I honestly can't tell a difference.  I periodically wonder if that change was extremely conservative or if it even worked.

1 hour ago, Qriist said:

I have everything so I also can't tell. ^^;

With the exception of a couple of items that I'd never acquired, I had almost everything, all forma'd and catalyzed.  After the change I went ahead and deleted a fair amount of pure fodder items that I didn't enjoy playing.  The impact on Circuit rolls has been disappointing.  Fortunately I do still like having a few less items taking up room in my Arsenal selection screen.

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The impact on Circuit rolls has been disappointing.

Super lame!

I crafted a couple random things when the circuit first released to smooth that out (like the single pistols such as Bolto and Furis) but it's disappointing to hear that the system still remains janky.

30 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Super lame!

I crafted a couple random things when the circuit first released to smooth that out (like the single pistols such as Bolto and Furis) but it's disappointing to hear that the system still remains janky.

It could just be my own bias and/or bad luck.  It's the kind of thing that would probably need a community record keeping project to nail down what's going on.

One thing I kind of also wish, was honestly, if you had multiple versions of a weapon or a frame, you could pick which version. Sometimes you might relegate a prime weapon or frame to a particular role, or might have just gotten it and not levelled it yet, and so now because you have a supposedly better version, you get locked out of getting to use the version you may have put countless forma into, or in the case of frames, possibly countless helminth abilities or archon shards on. Like for example, I use the base frames primarily right now if I already started putting resources into them, even if I just got the prime version, as I like to test out builds, and use that primarily first, but then go to run a circuit, and BOOM, there's the prime version, all brand spankin' new, and brand spankin' bare, when going for a circuit run, not to level, but to try and get things done, when I had a version that, until I got that prime, had several forma on it, fully kitted, and helminthed, too.