Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which fulmin prime build is better for steel path?

hydraxic

Question

I unlocked steel path pretty recently and have yet to do any of the missions. I want to upgrade my loadout before starting. I'm having trouble deciding which fulmin prime build to go with:

IqBvHa3.png

OR

sMXb2ua.png

(build from LeyzarGamingViews' video on fulmin prime build)

Im going to be using both semi and auto mode, so im using hunter munitions instead of internal bleeding for the 1st build.

Which one should i choose?

10 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Important question. Do you own Primary Arcanes (Merciless/Deadhead)? Cause without them 1st build is better.

I prefer Internal Bleeding unless you plan to ONLY use Auto mode.

no, but once i get them ill put them on. i think ill just stick with internal bleeding and semi then

That first build is horrid, my god.

Second build is solid, just needs Primary Deadhead in the arcane slot. As you mention you don't have it yet however, simply replace the faction mod (Primed Bane of Corrupted in the screenshot) with Serration in the meantime.

Also, if you ever get tired of the tediousness of replacing a faction mod every other mission, upgrade to this at some point:

Spoiler

1957bfe64ee2a78794b4c02933734a59.jpg

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That first build is horrid, my god.

Second build is solid, just needs Primary Deadhead in the arcane slot. As you mention you don't have it yet however, simply replace the faction mod (Primed Bane of Corrupted in the screenshot) with Serration in the meantime.

Also, if you ever get tired of the tediousness of replacing a faction mod every other mission, upgrade to this at some point:

Hide contents

1957bfe64ee2a78794b4c02933734a59.jpg

how much will switching out primed shred for its non-primed counterpart affect the build? same with cryo rounds to either its non-primed or 60-60 counterpart? I dont have primed shred yet and i gotta wait till baro sells cryo rounds again.

Edit: is this better for semi or auto or both?

Edited by hydraxic

18 minutes ago, hydraxic said:

how much will switching out primed shred for its non-primed counterpart affect the build? same with cryo rounds to either its non-primed or 60-60 counterpart?

About as much as the effect of those. Normal Shred is fine. So is non-primed cryo. 60/60 is not required as there is already plenty of status chance due to Aptitude. Cryo rounds is meant to increase elemental damage, what transforms in total damage.

These builds do not differ much, it really depends on the content you are doing and your playstyle (and skill). Entry SP everything works really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hydraxic said:

how much will switching out primed shred for its non-primed counterpart affect the build? same with cryo rounds to either its non-primed or 60-60 counterpart? I dont have primed shred yet and i gotta wait till baro sells cryo rounds again.

Edit: is this better for semi or auto or both?

If you don't have access to Primed Shred, then Shred works just fine. You only lose 1.0 punch through and a bit of fire rate, but you still have enough punch through to get through most enemy unit types (and some terrain cover they commonly use). The fire rate is mostly just a bonus in the first place, so losing a bit of it is whatever.

If you don't have Primed Cryo Rounds, then use Rime Rounds. The only reason I use Primed Cryo Rounds in my build is specifically because of how much more damage it provides vs Rime Rounds (+165% vs +60%, whereas basic Cryo Rounds is only +90% vs +60%). If you only have basic Cryo Rounds, then the extra status chance of Rime Rounds will provide you with more performance than the minor extra damage from Cryo Rounds will.

This build is for both. Semi is better for status application and clearing hallways of trash, while auto gives higher DPS output and guaranteed crits (Hunter Munitions consistency) for taking down high value targets (Eximus, heavy units like Bombards or Napalms, and bosses).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

The later build generally. Especially if you intend to swap around the Faction mode for whatever faction you are going to face, or with Serration until you acquire Primary Deadhead or Merciless Arcanes. 

Just in general too, nothing wrong with attempting a few solo Steel Path missions, and seeing the results of your builds first hand as well, and then making modifications. Like taking your first build into a Rescue or Capture and seeing how it deals with enemies, then taking your second in to see whether it does better, then doing a bit of swapping around to see how that changes things. The comparisons don't even necessarily have to get that complicated, most of the time, you can feel an intuitively difference as well, and thats important too. You can figure out how often you really use both modes of the Fulmin as well. Personally, in Steel Path? I just prefer the semi/shotgun mode too much, and use it far more, so in that case Internal Bleeding is better for my build, but you seem to like both? So Hunter Munitions is a better call. 

Experiencing the differences in set ups will often help you understand certain systems in Warframe, like how it calculates damage and why certain combinations of mods (Serration and Heavy Caliber for example) aren't anyway as good as they might suggest. When and why 60/60's may be better higher percent elementals and vice versa. 

Good luck and hope you enjoy Steel Path. For some, it can be frustrating at first, but it can also be very satisfying and greatly improve your knowledge and understanding of the game, and increase your skill as well. It made me a much better player in general. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

The later build generally. Especially if you intend to swap around the Faction mode for whatever faction you are going to face, or with Serration until you acquire Primary Deadhead or Merciless Arcanes. 

Just in general too, nothing wrong with attempting a few solo Steel Path missions, and seeing the results of your builds first hand as well, and then making modifications. Like taking your first build into a Rescue or Capture and seeing how it deals with enemies, then taking your second in to see whether it does better, then doing a bit of swapping around to see how that changes things. The comparisons don't even necessarily have to get that complicated, most of the time, you can feel an intuitively difference as well, and thats important too. You can figure out how often you really use both modes of the Fulmin as well. Personally, in Steel Path? I just prefer the semi/shotgun mode too much, and use it far more, so in that case Internal Bleeding is better for my build, but you seem to like both? So Hunter Munitions is a better call. 

Experiencing the differences in set ups will often help you understand certain systems in Warframe, like how it calculates damage and why certain combinations of mods (Serration and Heavy Caliber for example) aren't anyway as good as they might suggest. When and why 60/60's may be better higher percent elementals and vice versa. 

Good luck and hope you enjoy Steel Path. For some, it can be frustrating at first, but it can also be very satisfying and greatly improve your knowledge and understanding of the game, and increase your skill as well. It made me a much better player in general. 

i tried out steel path and yeah i think i like the semi mode more. problem is, in order to test out both builds, i need forma to go back and forth between the builds, and i dont have all the mods maxed out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hydraxic said:

i tried out steel path and yeah i think i like the semi mode more. problem is, in order to test out both builds, i need forma to go back and forth between the builds, and i dont have all the mods maxed out.

Nice! About trying out Steel Path. Earth as the starting point can be a bit rough, because Grineer and their armour values. Hope you already know you can also do the daily Incursions for extra steel Essence, and to skip around the star chart map a little (when you unlock a node from an Incursion, you can use that as a point to go to other nodes near it). 

True, about builds and polarisations. In general, Madurai (in the Forma, Polarisation context) aka the Y's are pretty good. It covers Multishot (Galvanised Chamber), Vital Sense, Banes/Serration, Hunter Munitions/Internal Bleeding, 60/60's etc. Space can get a little tight though, especially if you end up with a Riven. 

Oh, can actually also be a decent strategy to not max out mods as well (Personally a lot of my Primed mods, like Primed Bane, Primed Cryo, aren't actually maxed out... they are a few levels short. This way they can fit on more builds, especially some of the weaker weapons I don't really want to Forma a lot. Plus can save you a lot of Endo and Credits until you are swimming in them. Plus a lot of weapons don't even really need them maxxed out either). 

Cheers.

• Like 1

So i tested both builds on e prime steel path, and i seemed to have a hell of a better time with the original build except with internal bleeding instead of hunter munitions... granted, i didnt have enough endo to max out galvanized chamber and aptitude for the second build, but it also means i dont have enough to max out heavy caliber, serration, or galvanized chamber for the original build. i dont know if i did something wrong or if the build would suddenly become much better with chamber and aptitude maxed. but i guess for now ill be sticking with the first one.