Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for Invasions

There are a lot of things in the game that kind of just... exist without much purpose when there could be a lot more with them, invasions are one of those things to me, which is why i am making this post to give potential ideas on stuff DE can do with them, there will be spoilers for new war since one of the ideas involves the new faction that new war introduces so just letting you know beforehand.

1. Steel path invasions
this one is pretty simple, make it so we can do invasions on steel path, what would be the rewards for doing it? i have two ideas, the first one is simply getting more resources such as detonite injectors, fieldron and mutagen mass then if you did it on normal so instead of 3 injectors or fieldron, it would be 5 or 6 and mutagen mass would be 3 or 4, maybe even make it possible to get steel essence as one of the resources from invasions as a separate means to get it other then steel path incursions and acolytes, the second one is adding new variant weapons for each of the factions or exclusive mods for weapons that each faction has to make said weapons better that are either useless or could be vastly better.

Spoiler

2. Narmer invasions
after the new war, narmer is meant to be a huge threat, and yet nothing really happens with them, the only difference is PoE and orb vallis are changed and have a bounty with narmer, then veilbreaker comes along and gives us the kahl weekly and archon hunts on earth, mars and jupiter and... they really don't feel like a threat when all they have control of is three planets with a murax orbiting deimos and thats it, thats why the idea of narmer having invasions against the corpus and grineer came as an idea to me, these invasions would function similar to infested outbreaks where you can only side with the corpus and grineer against narmer and in exchange, you'll get narmer isoplasts that you can use for quill and vox standing and you can also get either new sentient weapons or special versions of weapons that have been enhanced and modified by narmer so stuff like a narmer dera or a narmer sobak or simply just narmer-themed skins for grineer and corpus weapons, preferably actual weapons though.

3. Infested/Narmer Crossfire missions
we haven't had a proper infested update since heart of deimos so here is an idea on infested, you can have special missions that take place on deimos and eris where the sentients/narmer are trying to quell and destroy the infested where it is simply crossfire missions where you have to do objectives against both narmer and infested, the conflict would lead to sentients trying to adapt to the infested by using special weapons tailored to dealing with them like sharp blades or fire leading to new sentient types and if the infested is able to overwhelm a sentient, they can take control of them and it leads to new sentient/infested hybrid enemies similar to the mutalist moas, the rewards for these special missions can be narmer isoplasts as well as another source of mutagen mass or sentient/infested hybrid weapons.

also, as a small one, review what type of enemy is on each invasion, the corpus still use the normal varient for a lot of their invasions, which means there is a huge lack of the other corpus types such as the jupiter corpus and the corpus ship corpus, updating the tileset enemies would make sense as a whole.

those are the 3 main ideas i have when it comes to invasions, each of them offering more to invasions then what we have right now, even if DE themselves don't see it, i am at least hoping that it was a good read on things that could be.

Edited by Duo_Strikes