Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning/irregular player, trying to get into "Endgame", not sure what to do next

haolee510

Question

After 10 years of playing, I'm finally about to finish the last couple of nodes in the Star Chart. I've been playing on and off(mostly off), but I've never actually gotten to a place where my builds feel comfortable taking into even something as "low" as level 60-80+ content.

For context on what I have/have not:

Spoiler

- Finished all main quests, not started/finished Duviri Paradox, Silver Grove, Waverider, Hidden Messages, Jordas Precept

- Rank 3 Quills, Rank 4 Ostron, Rank 4 Solaris United, Rank 0 Vox Solaris, Rank 3 Entrati, Rank 1 Holdfasts, Rank 1 Cavia

- Barely have any Arcanes, only a few trash ones from random tier 1 Eidolon Hunts

- Have 1 Amp(not the basic Mote), no Zaws or Kitguns yet

- Haven't unlocked Arbitrations and Steel Path yet(about to), so no Galvanized Mods, also no Archon Mods yet as just started doing Archon Hunts(and getting hard carried at it)

- Have all frames except for: Citrine, Dagath(farming Vainthorn slowly), Gyre, Kullervo, Lavos, Qorvex, Yareli, and base Grendel

- Out of the S- and A-tier primary weapons from https://overframe.gg/tier-list/primary-weapons/ I have: Nataruk, Rubico P, Ignis Wraith, Amprex, Soma P, Tenora P, Latron P, Tigris P, Arca Plasmor, Dread

- No Kuva or Tenet weapons yet, no Gravimag for grounded Archguns either

- Most bronze/silver/gold mods, Corrupted mods, Nightmare mods, Primed: Flow, Continuity, Cryo Rounds, Fast Hands, Fever Strike, Heated Charge, Heavy Trauma, Point Blank, Pressure Point, Ravage, Reach

- Have Forma, Catalysts, and Reactors to spare, but not Exilus adapters or Umbra/Stance Formas

As you can see, I'm lacking in a lot of things. I've never been able to quite wrap my head around "endgame" builds, never sure whether to prioritize survival or DPS/killing stuff, especially when left solo. Also not sure which frame to use in which situations, or how to mod the frames or my weapons. I've just been building my weapons for either Viral or Corrosive, balancing status and crit when appropriate according on the weapon's base stats.

So I need help, not just in builds, but in terms of what to focus on next. I know 100% I won't survive jumping straight into Arbitrations or Steel Path. I'm fine taking my time and focusing on certain content islands first to build up my arsenal first, I just don't know which ones should take priority.

Should I focus/work on:

- Getting Arcanes? Which ones and how?

- Making a Zaw or a Kitgun? Make a stronger Amp?

- Ranking up the non-base Syndicates? Which ones?

- Get any Kuva/Tenet weapons?

...and these are probably just to start with.

Any tips or help would be appreciated, thanks!

3 answers to this question

Don't look at overframe tier list, they don't know anything about the game. In order to be a cool endgame player in this game the key is to read the wiki, there it's explained in detail how damage works. Good sources of damage are using correct damage type according to enemies you are facing, for example the new boss where you need to get 30/60 eyes is vulnerable to radiation, other enemies are vulnerable to other damage types. Another two ways to increase damage are to armor strip and to apply viral stacks. But these only work when you have a good build, which means you have mods/arcanes/abilities to cover all/most multiplicative sources of damage (damage/elemental damage/crit/faction mods) and a damage ability like roar or xata's whisper

Finish all the quests.

Farm Arbitrations, buy Galvanised mods asap.

Farm all the Syndicates rep. Holdfasts offer biggest power creep with Incarnon weapons (Kuva and Tenet weapons are passe and require far bigger time investment)

Get yourself better AMP (1X7 or 7X7) you should get all in general for Mastery anyway

Get and build Necramech/Railjack

I do not understand what you are afraid with SP and Arbitrations. If survivability is your concern look at the tankier frames, invisible frame or check the idea of Shield Gating. Basic Octavia is a powerhouse that can solo most of the Arbis and SP.

Edited by Zakkhar

I believe the best weapons for endgame uses the incarnon upgraded weapons from doing steel path divri circuit runs. you may want to invest some time there.

I also suggest you catch up on the main quest times and get access to the most recent content hub

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson