The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane intention

quxier

Arcane intention should give at least moded health. For example you have 1 ability & +100% vitality. You get additional 500 from Arcane intention.

Or like this (per any ability):

• Like 1

What I find very silly about this arcane is that not only it requires you to possess a channeled ability. Which would be fine alone if it was something like "gain +600 max health when you have a channeled ability active", niche but fine. But it also powers up with the number of channeled ability you have which is weird design as channeled abilties have a huge cost on energy economy and usually if you have one, you only have one in your kit, Warframes with 2 channeled abilities are very niche and then thinking about adding a 3rd with the helminth system to make a synergy with the arcane only to earn more HP sounds out of the question.

And stuff like Equinox strength buff/damage debuff and Nekros desacrate don't count even if they share the same UI as channeled abilties but are simple toggles. Which might have saved the arcane for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

And stuff like Equinox strength buff/damage debuff and Nekros desacrate don't count even if they share the same UI as channeled abilties but are simple toggles. Which might have saved the arcane for me.

Are you sure ? They're listed in the list of abilities that trigger it on the Wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Intention

While looking at the list, there are quite a number of warframes with several possible stacks (even if some are impractical or useless)

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Are you sure ? They're listed in the list of abilities that trigger it on the Wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Intention

While looking at the list, there are quite a number of warframes with several possible stacks (even if some are impractical or useless)

I'm trying again for Equinox rn but around the release it definitely didn't work. That was my only hope for the arcane and the first thing I tested. And I see on the list quite a lot of abilities that are definitely not text book channeled abilities like Limbo cataclysm and statis for instance. So there might have been a sneaky change, but hell that seems to inconsistent.

And yeah I know they are possibilities but this condition being kinda hard to achieve, many time when you have a candidate, you have no use for the HP, I'm thinking for example Baruuk who carries two "true" channeled ability and one that doesn't even drain energy. Yet Baruuk doesn't need these extra HP at all.

I believe any ability that can be manually deactivated is considered a channeled ability for the purposes of arcane intention.

As for what OP said, I also share the sentiment that it could do with a bit of a bump to it's power.

7 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

I'm trying again for Equinox rn but around the release it definitely didn't work. That was my only hope for the arcane and the first thing I tested. And I see on the list quite a lot of abilities that are definitely not text book channeled abilities like Limbo cataclysm and statis for instance. So there might have been a sneaky change, but hell that seems to inconsistent.

And yeah I know they are possibilities but this condition being kinda hard to achieve, many time when you have a candidate, you have no use for the HP, I'm thinking for example Baruuk who carries two "true" channeled ability and one that doesn't even drain energy. Yet Baruuk doesn't need these extra HP at all.

Well it seems to work now with all these abilities that are not technically "channeled" that's great and needed. But that's hella inconsistent.

Like Gauss so far is the most interesting one with 3 abitities that trigger it yet only Mach Rush is a ""true"" channeled ability and referenced here Category:Channeled Abilities | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom. As he can use the health with his tankiness with his Kinetic Plating and also Mach Rush then briefly heals for 250 health too which adds a source of healing that you naturally trigger.

2 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Well it seems to work now with all these abilities that are not technically "channeled" that's great and needed. But that's hella inconsistent.

Like Gauss so far is the most interesting one with 3 abitities that trigger it yet only Mach Rush is a ""true"" channeled ability and referenced here Category:Channeled Abilities | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom. As he can use the health with his tankiness with his Kinetic Plating and also Mach Rush then briefly heals for 250 health too which adds a source of healing that you naturally trigger.

At this point, I agree with @quxier that the "Channeled" should be removed and the Arcane applied to all active abilities, this would be less misleading

9 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

At this point, I agree with @quxier that the "Channeled" should be removed and the Arcane applied to all active abilities, this would be less misleading

Definitely, that would also make it an interesting option for Chroma. Who benefits from health and would trigger it with all his abilities already.

And overall every warframe would trigger it I believe then, would be great but that might be too much in DE's eyes. Even though health is far from being the most valuable stat.

Edited by Rathalio

3 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Definitely, that would also make it an interesting option for Chroma. Who would benefits from health and would trigger it with all his abilities already.

And overall every warframe would trigger it I believe then, would be great but that might be too much in DE's eyes. Even though health is far from being the most valuable stat.

Well, it would be barely be max +1000 health with a condition (on probably a couple of warframes as not all have 4x activable abilities), imo that's not a lot crazier than the +1200 from Arcane Blessing that is permanent (even persists upon death).

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1