Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wave 100, Damage 2.0. Tenn Os Strike Back

Capitulate

We're back from the grave of damage 1.0

300dyt0.jpg

erijif.jpg

With this new update enemies scale at an insane rate, and become harder than level 2000 quite early, around level 500.

We went in with this mindset and played as we did weeks ago to wave 200.

2zqzqch.jpg

At wave 100 they were around level 600.  Weapons felt ineffective the Lanka required more than a clip with a shield up, but with the shield down only about 2-3shots to kill them at level 500 (Damage 2.0, running Elec+Viral), although back in Damage 1.0, about level 1800 was when the Lanka started to require more than 1 shot to kill against all types, shielded or not.

With my Vectis, which only had 7 mods in it at the time (needed another polarity), I was getting anywhere between 20k(Moa),30k(non crotch tech/crew), and 50k crits(crotch).  The highest I had seen was on a Tech in the crotch at 55k.(crotch shots seemed to do more damage? -needs confirmation)  This was also Viral damage.

We could have gone much further.  Although the game is still very much bugged with drops giving lag.  It started, yet again, around wave 60 or so when the loot started to stack up, and our FPS started to drop.  Around wave 100 we were all around 10-15fps.  We usually choose defense for the ability to host migrate and jump back in to save us from lag.  We tried to migrate at 100, and we got an error "Unable to Connect, the session has expired"

I realize  "the Man"(DE) was trying to hold us down, maybe not specifically.  Although the insane scaling and the incredible nerf to guns suggests that they don't intend anyone to do high-wave defense or lengthy survival.  Probably because of their knowledge to such bugs with lag and inability to play the game.  Although I can remember a time when going over wave 100 did not lag. 

I would just like an option to do a host migrate, floor wipe, or lag wipe. Something, or anything, to prevent this horrible lag from happening.  We are capped on survival, even though there are some that have been going as far as a couple hours, which I'm sure was Absorb with Natural Talent, absorbing Antimatter Drops.  Not that it's bad in any way, very impressive, but all our comp ideas leave us with thousands of units stuck alive and the map completely bugged out, probably because we're hitting yet another bug of some sort, so we gave up on survival.

Defense provided constant host migrates so we gravitated there, now we run into this issue where we can't host migrate.  We're just beside ourselves after this one.

Overall our findings are a curve that pretty much a wall after wave 40.  Wave 100 is 10times harder now, than it was before.

I'm not entirely certain what this patch was to do.  We consider ourselves at the upper echelon of this game, being witness to level 2000+ enemies prior to dmg2.0, and now post dmg2.0 we are seeing how hard it can be to new people, the game scaling too quickly for anyone to have a chance.  Guns like the Soma required clips just to cut through shields at level 500+

Right now, from our experience.  Level 500(damage 2.0) = Something higher than 2019(damage 1.0), just insane.  Isn't an issue to us as much as lag is, but I thought I'd let everyone know.

Later this week we will be going for 200 if we can figure out how to reduce the lag and maybe, if not in the same run, go for level 2000+ mobs again to compare the difficulty.

Thanks for all the support

-The Tenn Os

Edited by Capitulate

I know a few tricks to reduce lag, one I can not mention here, but you guys may know of it?  Also are you guys using the best element combos? Because I find enemies really easy to kill when you use the right elements.

Also you guys should use, frost,nova,rhino,banshee for best dps. I would think... All though I sure you guys know what combinations work best by now.

Edited by MindlessWar

I know a few tricks to reduce lag, one I can not mention here, but you guys may know of it?

migration was a good solution but dangerous as well. ammo pickups aren't helping either... if you have something better you can pm me

i think its time DE makes something about that... its ridicilous.

TBH THERE IS NEITHER A FIX NOR A FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS LONG EXISTING PROBLEM: 

-posted several threads -> no change and no response

-posted an idea for temporary solution -> no change and no response 

-pm'ed scott -> no change and no response

it would be great if a DE staff could say a few words to this... 

Tell me you didn't take the Strike Back bit from the preposterous American reworking of a mildly preposterous British TV show ?

Otherwise, well done.

*edit* god damn, 4 hours ? Are you guys catheterised for efficiency or what ?

Edited by Keltik0ne

I don't understand HOW you're doing over 50k damage with shots. My highest I've ever seen ( for guns, not powers ) was 2.7k IN Damage 2.0 with my Soma.

Power was a between 20k - 80k Nova Antimatter Drop.

Mods mods mods and also he is using the a sniper that does a lot more damage than an automatic gun.

This one only took 2 and half.  Our run in damage 1.0 did take near 5 hours though.  A good hour of it was wasted between the countdowns and another on picking up ammo, so if our problems with lag were fixed the times would be severely reduced, as the times between rounds have been reduced.

No, it wasn't taken from an American reworking of a mildly preposterous British TV show, but rather a sequel to an American reworking of a Japanese masterpiece.

Tell me you didn't take the Strike Back bit from the preposterous American reworking of a mildly preposterous British TV show ?

Otherwise, well done.

*edit* god damn, 4 hours ? Are you guys catheterised for efficiency or what ?

The scaling is a bit ridiculous. While your Wave numbers are logarithimically higher than what I've witnessed, I have frequently regretted my decision of hitting "Battle" instead of "Exit Now" because of the false sense of security the Grineer left me in, hiding the fact that their entire armed forces was hiding right around the corner taking steroids and methamphetamine...