Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

DE really needs to make switch players able to cross trade plat to other accounts

I know what the problem is with nintendo and DE but i shouldve not activated cross trade on my switch, so now i cant trade plat or gain plat at all from this. So if you are a switch player on cross trading don't its not worth it in the end

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheCleverJoker said:

One simple reason as to why they didn't allow it. Value. The value of platinum on the switch is substantially lower value both for DE and the trading community. 

They did it because Nintendo refused. Cross Platform players can purchase plat from warframe.com bypassing the platform store and the cut that gets taken there. Nintendo probably does not want that, especially on a free to play game that isn't making them any money otherwise. 

The only workaround for Switch players right now who migrated without knowing the consequences would be to trade and buy/spend plat on another platform (probably PC) even if they play primarily on the switch (if you don't have a decent PC you could technically use GeForce Now.). Any plat they already have on switch would be mainly for store purchases until there are better options or more cross platform players on switch you can trade with. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So hold up, you know the fault is on nintendo but you still write it as if DE would create the problem in the title? wtf

go write nintendo about it not DE. What is DE supposed to do? ask even more intensifely? uuhh uhhh whine? uuhhh uuuuh pay them the entire companys worth? oh that one might actually work since nintendo is a money greedy company that refuses even the tiniest option to make yourself a couple of plat because they cant gain pennies off of your trade when you don't buy it directly over their store.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sitting on about 4k plat on Switch

While i had been cross play since day 1, i didn't activate cross save until today as the game kept nagging me to do it, and realized it kind of ruined trading for me as I had been trading with the still active if small-ish Switch only community who didn't activate cross-save. Now that group is not available to me and there's no way to go back. Toggling off crossplay just removes pretty much all players on the servers and doesn't replicate the switch only trade enviroment i previously had.

If they can't let Switch players trade for plat with other platforms, there should be a toggle to turn the trade chat for Switch only players.

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta
  • Like 2

So, the real issue is that there are no other Switch players to trade with.  If you manually scroll through trade chat, you'll maybe find 3-4 other Switch players online. (I haven't done this for some weeks, but previous counts were like this.)  It was the case that you could roll back your account if you did not want to be cross save.  I'm not sure of the circumstance now.

Here's a couple of other discussions that may help.  Good luck!
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1391175-switch-tradingtrading-filter-options/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1384263-cross-save-banishes-switch-tenno-to-a-place-where-they-can-no-longer-earn-platinum/

Whats the point of this game if you can't even trade with other consoles for how long how now? 5 months? Shows how much they really care about one platform. At this point its just a dead game on switch. Can't trade with anyone or anything, so that's why I stopped playing this game

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

On 2024-04-28 at 3:15 PM, AriaBella8 said:

So, the real issue is that there are no other Switch players to trade with.  If you manually scroll through trade chat, you'll maybe find 3-4 other Switch players online. (I haven't done this for some weeks, but previous counts were like this.)  It was the case that you could roll back your account if you did not want to be cross save.  I'm not sure of the circumstance now.

Here's a couple of other discussions that may help.  Good luck!
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1391175-switch-tradingtrading-filter-options/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1384263-cross-save-banishes-switch-tenno-to-a-place-where-they-can-no-longer-earn-platinum/

I understand that, those are the cross save Switch players.  The no Cross Save Switch players still has an active, if smaller trade chat. My suggesting is to just move all Switch players, regardless of cross-save status into their own trade ecosystem, so those who have made the Switch to cross save can still trade with the rest of the users, regardless of cross-save status, and may encourage the majority of Switch players to activate cross-save with no concerns, which i suspect is what DE would want in the long term. win-win in a bad situation.  Basically turn switch player trade chat into a pre-cross save status.  

I am sure they are listening and considering all options, and this seems like the most reasonable one.  

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta
  • Like 1