Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

citrine sentinel?

_Anise_

I been playing citrine a little, and got to thinking that her #3 gem could have been a "pseudo exalted sentinel" no weapon/mods just works the way it currently does except ...

could been push to summon as a smaller sentinel floating above / behind following Citrine with hold to throw out working like it currently does.

for an ultra mobility focused game it would kinda makes loads of sense to have it this way?

• Like 1

I'd like to see this power tweaked a little myself, and your idea is a sound one. I hate the fact in in a fast pace, constantly in motion game like this I have to calculate where to cast the ability to optimally place it. Why they felt the need for it to fly ahead of you rather than just staying where you cast it is a mystery to me.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-19 at 7:13 PM, GrimMyfanwy said:

I'd like to see this power tweaked a little myself, and your idea is a sound one. I hate the fact in in a fast pace, constantly in motion game like this I have to calculate where to cast the ability to optimally place it. Why they felt the need for it to fly ahead of you rather than just staying where you cast it is a mystery to me.

if i were to take a guess, its because she's an area defense frame. it very much fits her theme (coming from mirror defense and such) and considering that there are plenty of mission types in which you haver to, or at least are encouraged to stay within a certain area for some time, this isn't  a problem at all.

for example: defense, mobile defense, mirror defense, assassination, void flood, survival (though in public its usually very messy), excavation, interception.... you know, when you put it like that, it seems as though there are far more combat mission types that want you to stay in an area for some time instead of moving around. maybe your issue is that you don't have enough range installed? at 250~ish range, it covers most medium sized rooms entirely. and its already a very powerful ability indeed.

that being said, it would be cool to have an option to turn it into a sentinel, with sufficient downsides. specifically a range nerf, be reducing the radius by like half, which would still be pretty huge but not as crazy considering the abilities effects.

15 hours ago, iHaku said:

if i were to take a guess, its because she's an area defense frame. it very much fits her theme (coming from mirror defense and such) and considering that there are plenty of mission types in which you haver to, or at least are encouraged to stay within a certain area for some time, this isn't  a problem at all.

for example: defense, mobile defense, mirror defense, assassination, void flood, survival (though in public its usually very messy), excavation, interception.... you know, when you put it like that, it seems as though there are far more combat mission types that want you to stay in an area for some time instead of moving around. maybe your issue is that you don't have enough range installed? at 250~ish range, it covers most medium sized rooms entirely. and its already a very powerful ability indeed.

that being said, it would be cool to have an option to turn it into a sentinel, with sufficient downsides. specifically a range nerf, be reducing the radius by like half, which would still be pretty huge but not as crazy considering the abilities effects.

Um... you misunderstood me, my issue isn't that it's stationary, my issue is that when you cast it, it flies out 10-15 meters in front of you,  instead of at your feet (e.g. Wisp's Motes, Protea's Dispensary) or where you aim (e.g. Vaubaun's various grenades, Octavia's Mallet). I'm well aware of how to build her and what the game expects of me.

Edited by GrimMyfanwy