The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like DE didn't adequately inform me about the risks associated with merging

When DE announced that Cross-Save was back up after the holidays, I trusted that this meant that things were in good shape.  On Steve's recommendation in the Week 3 Shorts video, I thoroughly read every document that DE provided throughout the Cross-Save process and its preparation.  I started with the "Cross Platform Save" link at the top of the forums and followed the trail that DE had left me.  There was even a list of known issues, which only contained a single item.  It felt like I was being informed about what to expect, and I trusted that DE was doing a transparent job of making sure I was informed during this process.

It was a bummer to immediately run into issues after I had merged.  But what was so much worse was learning that the issue I ran into — which prevents console players from accessing their previous forum accounts or support tickets — had been reported by numerous users without resolution for nearly a month.  This is without a doubt something that should have been in a list of known issues, and something that should have been openly warned about before or during the merge process.

So I feel really disheartened, like I was foolish to place the trust in DE that I did.

I also felt like I wasn't adequately informed about other aspects of the process, like that the account I chose my Primary Account wouldn't be my Cross-Save account; even before the other issues, it was an unexpected twist that my newly-created PC account became the only account I was able to login to the forums and support with, rather than my long-time PSN account.

So how can things improve?  Here are my suggestions:

1. Be more upfront and transparent about potential issues with the Cross-Save process.  Maybe that means doing a more thorough job of updating the known issues section.  Maybe that means explicitly encouraging users to browse the Cross-Save Bugs and Feedback forums before diving in.  Both would probably be good.

2. Add more clarity to the various FAQ's about Cross-Save.  Maybe add an example of what things will look like before and after a merge for someone who plays primarily on console vs someone who primarily plays on PC.  Definitely add information about what to expect with your existing forums and support accounts!

Thanks for listening to and considering my feedback.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

So I feel really disheartened, like I was foolish to place the trust in DE that I did.

This say it all.. DE are known for being unable to do things right and most times they hit the 50% mark.. , this is just another thing to add to the very large list ..