Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

01/16/24 Cross Platform Save: Stress Test Live For Everyone

01/17/24 1:35 PM ET: Tenno, we are back in business!
01/17/24 11:20 AM ET: Tenno, we are temporarily closing the Cross Platform Save gate for stability. We will update you on our Socials, Forums, and Red Text when the gate has re-opened. 

Tenno, we have reopened the Cross Platform Save drip gate: everyone can attempt to Link or Merge their accounts via the Account Management page on https://www.warframe.com/ 

Like our December 21 test, we are operating this phase in a "stress test" style, meaning we may need to pause periodically if we encounter stability issues. We are actively monitoring and will communicate if and when we need to close the gates for stability. 

We will continue to update our Socials, Forums, and in-game Red Text as we test and prepare next steps. 

For more information, read our Cross Platform Save Rollout Information post. 

To ensure success and stability during the launch of this highly requested feature, Cross Platform Save will be made available in staggered phases.

• Like 28

12 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Tenno, we have reopened the Cross Platform Save drip gate: everyone can attempt to Link or Merge their accounts via the Account Management page on https://www.warframe.com/ 

Like our December 21 test, we are operating this phase in a "stress test" style, meaning we may need to pause periodically if we encounter stability issues. We are actively monitoring and will communicate if and when we need to close the gates for stability. 

We will continue to update our Socials, Forums, and in-game Red Text as we test and prepare next steps. 

For more information, read our Cross Platform Save Rollout Information post. 

To ensure success and stability during the launch of this highly requested feature, Cross Platform Save will be made available in staggered phases.

Any info about losing access to previous support/forum account? I asked support almost a month ago, and no reply yet.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, DeZaruu said:

Any info about losing access to previous support/forum account? I asked support almost a month ago, and no reply yet.

Yes please! We lost access to our original forum accounts after cross save. We need our original forum accounts back please! I also opened a ticket but have yet to receive a response from the Support team. 

Here’s one of the posts about this issue in the cross save bugs subforum: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1378840-can’t-log-into-my-original-warframe-forum-account-due-to-cross-save/

Please acknowledge and fix the issue. 

Edited by NeonNebula9
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeZaruu said:

Same, I too would like to have my old Xbox forum account merged with my current one. Everything else seems to work just fine as far as the actual cross save goes (except for lack of cross trade)

A detail I noticed about this new forum account (and my previous one, which is PSN for my case): none of them update with the in-game avatar anymore, so that makes me even more concerned that something is not working as intended.

• Like 1

I've found 2 bugs, is there any plan to fix them?

1) I can't login into warframe account using Nintendo account (afaik, Web Authentication button was removed from game), so I'm not able to use cross-save with my nintendo switch.

2) Trade is broken. I have merged my PC and PS4 accounts and chosen PS4 as a main account. So, now I can't trade with PS4 players, but can with PC players.

• Like 2

Love that I can play on the switch now. Just made an account on the switch and chose PC as my primary account. I set my switch account to random gibberish as I would be merging anyways but my display name on the switch is now random letters. When I log in to my nintendo account on the website, it shows my name as TheForbiddenWhale. Is this a bug?

23 minutes ago, Jack_Las said:

I've found 2 bugs, is there any plan to fix them?

1) I can't login into warframe account using Nintendo account (afaik, Web Authentication button was removed from game), so I'm not able to use cross-save with my nintendo switch.

2) Trade is broken. I have merged my PC and PS4 accounts and chosen PS4 as a main account. So, now I can't trade with PS4 players, but can with PC players.

For the 2nd point, merged accounts cannot trade with non-merged accounts. If you can't trade with merged playstation players, then this is an issue. Unless they changed something where merged accounts can now trade with non-merged. 

il y a 8 minutes, (PSN)EnigmaticPulse a dit :

For the 2nd point, merged accounts cannot trade with non-merged accounts. If you can't trade with merged playstation players, then this is an issue. Unless they changed something where merged accounts can now trade with non-merged. 

Ah, I see, makes sense

@[DE]CoreyOnline I find myself with a question... If I link my already merged accounts by linking an Xbox account does that lock me into only being ablet to use on the Xbox or can I still use said main PC account on the pc/switch and ps ? Making sure that if I link with the xbox I can use the pc account on all platforms that I merged with and that everything will be intact.

Edited by -BellaMuerte-

Is there a way to enable Cross Save WITHOUT merging accounts? I have my main account on PC and a very low level alt account on my Switch. I'd like to be able to play my main account on my Switch without losing my alt account as I like playing that one with new players that I introduce to the game. Is there a way for me to split the two?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheForbiddenWhale said:

Love that I can play on the switch now. Just made an account on the switch and chose PC as my primary account. I set my switch account to random gibberish as I would be merging anyways but my display name on the switch is now random letters. When I log in to my nintendo account on the website, it shows my name as TheForbiddenWhale. Is this a bug?

You created an account after the cut off date, and they still allowed you to merge it with your old PC account? How does that work cuz i have a newly created PS5 account too.

No you need a pc account 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)HoBo_Jooe said:

Are we able to link just our xbox and psn accounts without making a pc account

It only takes 5 seconds to make one 

Edited by Ersedu
Edited to elaborate
  • Like 1

Will merged cross save accounts have free nick change? I had my main account on ps4 with nickname i loved but after merging account got name from pc that i dont like... I thought that after merging we will have a nickname from main account that we had to choose.

• Like 2