Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Feedback Megathread

[DE]Juice

I would love to see both it be a toggle, and having a tap/hold choice for whether you get the damage or defensive buff.

Even if the effectiveness was greatly reduced for helminth or Mirage herself, the QoL would be so nice that I would honestly be more inclined to use it.

Make it a toggle or tap/hold ability and remove the light requirement entirely; it's too unpredictable and frustrating to play around. For the Helminth version, reduce the values (but still allow toggle) or make it so the Helminth ability is permanently the damage reduction or permanently the damage buff (no toggle allowed), this way makes it so using the original ability on Mirage is still worth it as opposed to what happened to Valkyr's Warcry.

Edited by MegaloStrikeBack
  • Like 3

Tap to cast/recast to refresh duration and hold to toggle between damage bonus and damge reduction (both before or while already active.

EVEN if it means toning down on the bonus damage amount when subsumed to other frames - as long as it is consistent one or the other on Mirage herself.

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 2

> We can redesign the ability, so it works on the same general theme but functionally is different. For example, it could spawn beams of light nearby - standing in them provides the light boost, while standing out of them provides the shadow boost.

+1 for this. I like abilities that make me interact with the world in different ways a lot more than another hold to toggle ability. More interactive -> more fun.

• Like 3

Maybe you could add a shader with a very low alpha value on surfaces that have dark/bright lighting, while the ability is active, so you can "see" where which bonus is active. You could maybe make that shader toggleable with a tap/hold on the ability.

Something like a 3 second delay between a radar-like scan of the ground where it allows you to better know your surroundings true lighting.

I think a decent way to rework this ability would be either to make it a toggle as stream chat suggested, or my personal preference, make it a tap/hold ability, tap for DR, and hold for DMG (with the option to invert it of course). And on top of that, perhaps cap its maximum damage output, to prevent it from being unbalanced.

Alternatively, it would be interesting to maybe see it work like a Day/Night cycle, where the ability has a duration instead, and 50% of the duration is the DR, and the other 50% is the damage. Of course you'd need to time it carefully this way, but I think it could potentially work while still being correct to its nature.

Please do not nerf the Helmith to uselessness for us weapon enthusiasts! Eclipse is the sole choice for long duration, tiny range builds like my Nova. It took a while to learn to watch the symbols on the upper right side of the HUD to see the bonus at a given time, but that is acquired skill then that makes you better able to utilize it. I definitely vote for leaving it unreliable but powerful. I do not trust the defense side of it anyway, I'm just willing to sacrifice a lot for extra weapon damage.