Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So i completed mastery rank 24 but its locked me into 23 saying i ranked up

So i completed mastery rank 24 but its locked me into 23 saying i ranked up. I completed the mastery test. The one with the giant orb that you have to destroy as your operator with the mote amp and 100 energy all the while avoiding being done in by two infested brood mothers. I finished the test and it said congrats on ranking up to 23 and proceeded to lock me out of taking the test again for another 24 hours. Has this happened to any one else?????? I can provide proof as well as i recorded it as I was absolutely gobsmacked......

The first thing to do is do the log out and log back in routine. If you are MR24 after logging in: case solved.

This did also happen to me ("many moons ago", don't remember which MR). I succeeded, kneeled down and... failed somehow. And had to redo the test again 24 hours later. Now, knowing a bit more about how the game works, I would assume it was some kind of temporary server disconnect (my "game instance" didn't manage to update my rank in the server within a set time-limit, resulting in a "defaulting to failed after the fact"-situation).

I remember trying to convince myself that "24 hours isn't such a big deal, in a game I play on a regular basis". Didn't succeed, funny how much meaning those meaningless 24 hours actually have... 🙂

My advice would still be a bit of "self-counselling" (the general "meaninglessness" of playing computer games is a good starting point) and just re-doing the test. Simply because trying to get it fixed using support might not be possible and will surely take a lot longer and include a lot more hassle. And you will "moot" that whole process by achieving MR24 long before it has been resolved anyway.

You probably figured out that the actual "challenge" is finding a way if "ignoring" the Brood Mothers (and the maggots) while completing the objective. And while there are different ways of doing this, some arcanes offer a few (new-ish) useful options...

Edited by Graavarg

I am just frustrated about it. I was super happy I did and then to have that happen kind of bites. I'm going to accept it as it is and wait until the 24 hours are up and try again. Like you said its the convincing myself that its only a game and that 24 hours isn't that long considering most humans technically are only awake 16 to 18 hours of it. I was just hoping that i wasn't the only one that got hit like this. I sincerely appreciate someone responding to this. Thank you fellow tenno for the words of encouragement and wisdom. Ty ty ty

And sadly the logging out and back in did not fix it. I'm just going to wait and keep trying it till I successfully complete it.