Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please change Edun's throw animation. (Small change)

Bez_Sozhalenij

Please change Edun's throw animation. I really like the ability to throw a spear with a heavy attack. But the animation, or rather the very end of the animation before the throw, greatly spoils the sensations. The camera jerks sharply to the left and gets in the way. I can give an example of throwing harpoons. Very comfortable and smooth throw.

14 часов назад, Fred_Avant_2019 сказал:

Well to be fair, the thrown projectile doesn't even line up with my crosshair, so I think there's more work needed.

Yes, the spear flies in a very peculiar way, I agree. At the same time, you can get used to this trajectory and hit the enemy model at 50 meters. I seriously tried to go through a couple of missions through a heavy attack (only a heavy attack). It's interesting, although not very pleasant due to the camera twitching.

On 2024-02-18 at 1:28 PM, Bez_Sozhalenij said:

The camera jerks sharply to the left and gets in the way.

Curiously, Spearguns (be it before or after the Veilbreaker change) are a similar concept, yet do not have this problem.

Either way, this SMALL thing made the Edun from "fun Melee" to "practically unplayable in an enjoyable manner" in one fell swoop.
... but it's not game-breaking enough for DE to even think about it. Sadly.

On another note, I have a similar issue with Gunblades.
Often the attacks just feel super clunky because they're designed to be used so haphazardly.
... but everything besides the Stropha is essentially a hitscan pellet anyway, with shockwaves ragdolling anything out of the reach of Melee.

It becomes a weapon that can neither "gun" nor "blade" without funneling all the fun into just one aspect of either. Not even the whole thing.
DE seems to really hate projectile Melees being fluid. Y'know, except for the few times they don't (Hate Incarnon) and it's just mundane spam.

Oh well, at least we have Corufell to cover Edun I guess... and even in THAT case there's a bit of scuff to it.

• Like 1

В 22.02.2024 в 04:30, Binket_ сказал:

Curiously, Spearguns (be it before or after the Veilbreaker change) are a similar concept, yet do not have this problem.

Either way, this SMALL thing made the Edun from "fun Melee" to "practically unplayable in an enjoyable manner" in one fell swoop.
... but it's not game-breaking enough for DE to even think about it. Sadly.

Exactly. Having equipped both a javlock and an edun at the same time, you immediately feel all the inconveniences of use.

On another note, I have a similar issue with Gunblades.
Often the attacks just feel super clunky because they're designed to be used so haphazardly.
... but everything besides the Stropha is essentially a hitscan pellet anyway, with shockwaves ragdolling anything out of the reach of Melee.

It becomes a weapon that can neither "gun" nor "blade" without funneling all the fun into just one aspect of either. Not even the whole thing.
DE seems to really hate projectile Melees being fluid. Y'know, except for the few times they don't (Hate Incarnon) and it's just mundane spam.

Regarding gunblades... I tried to use them simply by holding down a combo. Very uncomfortable. The melee hits alternate with shots and you cannot change anything. (I know that you can alternate 1 hit of a regular combo and 1 hit of a forward moving combo. That's another topic.) I settled on using only heavy attacks, as a slower but convenient option for 1:1 alternation.

Oh well, at least we have Corufell to cover Edun I guess... and even in THAT case there's a bit of scuff to it.

Unfortunately, this is a different gameplay, since the projectile deals damage immediately and loses damage with distance. In my opinion, tennokai is more suitable for Corufell. It really complements and enlivens the fight. Edun, on the other hand, is more reminiscent of a melee javlock.

8 hours ago, Bez_Sozhalenij said:

Regarding gunblades... I tried to use them simply by holding down a combo. Very uncomfortable.

I made a post about this a while ago.
Do you know what the community's response to it was?

"Why are you nerfing Gunblades? Do you hate people? Do you wish death upon our blessed souls?"
... Paraphrased for dramatics, of course. Sentiment remains the same, unfortunately.
I said to them "No. I just want Gunblades to have some sense of fluent gameplay."

The thing about Gunblades is on the same idea as Galeforce Dawn for Heavy Scythes.
The stance is holding it back, just not in the sense of power.
It's uncomfortable and feels like I'm constantly asking myself "Why don't I just use a Skana+Exergis. It's the same idea with better execution."
In the sense of Edun? It's the same kinda problem.
If I want a Polearm? I got better. If I want a throwable stick? I got better.
It's a shame too, they all have their own niche mechanics that CAN be fun while still maintaining some identity.
... but people refuse to see it that way, so DE refuses to acknowledge it-- thus the cycle continues.

It's just silly. That's reality though.
A broken mess of broken logic from broken people.

8 hours ago, Bez_Sozhalenij said:

Unfortunately, this is a different gameplay, since the projectile deals damage immediately and loses damage with distance. In my opinion, tennokai is more suitable for Corufell. It really complements and enlivens the fight. Edun, on the other hand, is more reminiscent of a melee javlock.

Oh, I know plenty well.
I'm just saying that it's the current closest comparison we have that's functional.

Which if anything? Should tell you how absolutely jank it is.
For everything DE does right, there's 4 steps they do wrong and it piles up.