Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe idea - A Summoner/Shaman-type frame.

1OfTheUndying

Each ability summons a different creature that fights alongside the frame. Since this would lead to people just going AFK, there would have to be a price paid for each summon...example, summoning Creature 1 reduces HP while summoning Creature 2 reduces shield, #3 reduces Armor, #4 reduces Energy.

Frame name - " ____ ". I couldn't pick a language, but I would want one that that when "Summon" is spoken in it, it can be used as the name, as well as have the following words make sense as animal names...

Abilities
#1- _____ for "health " with red fur
#2- _____ for "shield" with light blue fur
#3- _____ for "armor" purple with fur
#4- _____ for "energy" dark blue fur

Passive Ability - _____ for "recover"
Heals any pet/sentinel/summon within a short distance slowly over time.

Weapons that comes with release -
Melee - staff with end similar to zaw part "The Kronsh " viewable here

Ranged - New "Grimoire" style book, wrapped in a fur similar to the Summons, that is of the Heat element, as opposed to the current Grimoire that uses Electric.

When it doubt, either go for an older, more obscure language (DE seems to like Sanskrit) or just make up a language.

I think the biggest issue with a "summoner"-themed frame isn't just the notion of AFK gameplay, but also that proper pets require AI.  I'm sure any Wukong player these days can elaborate on how much (or rather how little) they can trust their clone or how unreliable Umbra's AI can be when you're out of transference or any psychotic soul ever attempted that one idiotic Atlas Rumbler build from MrWarframeGuy.

Games like FFXIV and even PSO2:NGS actually have some of the better approaches to something that attacks through summons in the form of indirect strike commands: summon happens, does an attack, then leaves.  If applied to Warframe, this would allow for the visual appearance of a summoner frame (it is "summoning" things to attack) while avoiding the typical drawbacks of traditional pet classes like AFK gameplay or AI reliance.

• Like 1