The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Rework Idea

WiLL_The_Sensei

I enjoy Loki and have thought about reworks for the Trickers before. With the state of the game, Loki needs a slight update to keep the tactician aspect of Loki and its deceptive nature. What I hope that Loki maintains is the deception-type warframe. So here are some of my ideas, and I hope everyone can push DE to change this warframe as I look to keep the one thing I feel like all warframes need: synergy between its kit. 

New Passive: 

Increased Stealth Affinity and Critical Chance as long as Loki is undetected. Increased Critical Damage for enemies affected by the "Confusion" status effect. 

Decoy: 

Along with the change coming to scale health with surrounding level. An added note would be that Decoy gives off the highest threat level in the game, with enemies immediately snapping to the Decoy. Enemies in Range of the Decoy would fall to the confusion status effect.

Invisibility:

No change except for synergy with 1 and 3 

Switch Teleport: 

Using switch teleport on a decoy refreshes the duration of invisibility. Using switch teleport on an enemy adds 8 seconds to invisibility. 

Radial Disarm: 

The augment "Irradiating Disarm" would be added to the base of the 4 to continue spreading the confusion status effect. The new augment would spread random status effects as well, making Loki a type of primary along with the new augment with this one.

*Overall, this would lead to current Loki builds not needing to be changed so drastically (I use a hybrid of high duration and range) and his kit being more synergistic as you would need to work with his 1 and 3 to stay invisible for extended periods. This works into his passive as well for the critical chance. This is a straightforward change that could take Loki from low tier to middling, just like the Inaros rework. Also, the confusion status effect is something on his current 4 augment mod; it would be good to include that in his base kit and play around it without it being so overbearing. 

• Like 1

I like that the proposals are pretty understated without changing Loki's identity much.  I think they might be a little too understated though.

15 minutes ago, WiLL_The_Sensei said:

The augment "Irradiating Disarm" would be added to the base of the 4 to continue spreading the confusion status effect.

I have an issue with this one, as Radial Disarm without the augment is sometimes preferable.   Maybe a tap/hold option?

What would you suggest for a revised augment?

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

I like that the proposals are pretty understated without changing Loki's identity much.  I think they might be a little too understated though.

I have an issue with this one, as Radial Disarm without the augment is sometimes preferable.   Maybe a tap/hold option?

I understand why you say you prefer radiating disarm without the augment. I think it’s more personal preference I almost never go without using the augment to have enemies target each other with melee. I find it hard to die with that going. The replacement augment would on top of putting the confusion status affect would also apply random other effects making Loki a walking primer but without making a need for adding strength to Loki keeping his usual builds. 

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Also I know the suggested changes are simple but that’s the point. Loki is one of the simplest and complicated Warframes. This would keep that, making to be successful with Loki you have to understand the game. 

3 minutes ago, WiLL_The_Sensei said:

I understand why you say you prefer radiating disarm without the augment.

It's not that I prefer it without--I like the augment a lot.  But unaugmented is more useful in a few cases like speeding up Defense.  And it's safer for Loki when there are Eximus abilities in play.  So I wouldn't want to lose the option to use his 4 without the confusion effect.

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's not that I prefer it without--I like the augment a lot.  But unaugmented is more useful in a few cases like speeding up Defense.  And it's safer for Loki when there are Eximus abilities in play.  So I wouldn't want to lose the option to use his 4 without the confusion effect.

A funny thing I’d like to see (and I think it might be a thing with the decoy change soon) is to decoy an eximus so all units attack the eximus plus with the heighten threaten detection enemies in theory would leave defense and other threats to attack the eximus decoy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Something that makes me very angry is how visually his invisibility is, I think they should change it, it would be cool at least to see the curves around the warframe, like the voruna, or maybe even something like the wisp, where you can see her as if she were not invisible.