Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would this tool I use to filter key bounces get my account flagged?

Blau-

Question

My keyboard has some keys that chatter / bounce (double letters on one keypress) and I use a small tool to help catch them, Keyboard Chatter Blocker, it's worked very well so far, with the added bonus of showing me which keys exactly are chattering the most & how fast. It's a new keyboard and the chatter has improved significantly with use and driver updates but it's still enough of an annoyance for me to run the tool regularly

Someone in the bugs for that program reported getting VAC banned on Steam for using it while playing CSGO, likely because the anticheat checks whether your keystrokes are being modified in some way, which makes sense.

I would, ideally, not like this to happen to me over a tiny tool that does nothing but keepp myy senttencess fromm lookking likke thiss!

I'm just curious if something like that would get you flagged in Warframe too? I don't use it while I've got Warframe open (or other games really) out of an abundance of caution, and the chatter largely doesn't affect gameplay, but it's been in my head for a bit and I'm curious. I also get the vibe that this might not be something that can be confirmed / denied for security but a broad "yeah it should be fine" or "yeah not a good idea" would be good enough for me

Relatedly, Windows has a built-in key bounce blocker (I think), do you think that would be preferable to the tool I have as far as not ticking off anticheats etc? Or do they both work the same way?

Edit in case anyone else runs into this issue: Support referred me to this post - tldr they can't give definite yes/no on specific programs but it's a generally good idea that if you're unsure, don't use it. Given this specific program has caused issues with VAC on other games I'm gonna avoid using it while playing; if the bounce becomes enough of an issue (it has not yet) I'll try out the built in Windows debouncer.

Edited by Blau-
added follow-up info from support

3 answers to this question

This is something you would need to reach out to DE Customer Support about. I don't think anyone on the forums can give you a definite answer on whether it's safe to use or not.

That said, if a keyboard of mine was experiencing bouncing issues on keystrokes, I'd probably get a new keyboard. Preferably one with a working debounce circuit to prevent such issues, rather than rely on an applet to address faulty hardware.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Letter13 said:

This is something you would need to reach out to DE Customer Support about. I don't think anyone on the forums can give you a definite answer on whether it's safe to use or not.

That said, if a keyboard of mine was experiencing bouncing issues on keystrokes, I'd probably get a new keyboard. Preferably one with a working debounce circuit to prevent such issues, rather than rely on an applet to address faulty hardware.

I'll contact them soon and see if they can clear this up, thank you!

And, aye, that'd be the ideal - I'm in a tight financial situation right now so I'm just working with what I have, but it'll be something I look into when things improve

16 hours ago, Blau- said:

Relatedly, Windows has a built-in key bounce blocker (I think), do you think that would be preferable to the tool I have as far as not ticking off anticheats etc? Or do they both work the same way?

It does, but it's an accessibility feature and not a generic debouncer like Keyboard Chatter Blocker.

• Like 1