Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

performance issues on linux ?

_Anise_

Question

ever since the latest update I am noticing leaving warframe open in the background is having massive system wide degradation in performance, things like windows minimizing being noticeably slower, apps being unresponsive specially firefox performancing issues like choppy scrolling, laggy video playback on sites, input latency on text boxes on forums.

I am noticing that sometimes I look at warframe on top (top = linux applicaiton performance viewer) while I am doing nothing but sitting around in my orbiter and warframe will be chugging along at 100% cpu usage (I have even seen it over 200%??)

using the 525 nvidia driver, rzyen 5000 series, 32 gigs of ram, ssd, 3060ti etc on linux mint, mostly wondering if anyone else is noticing issues ?

worth mention that I did get some performance boost in the new zones disabling one the new volumetric ? lighting settings.

only noticing this issue with warframe and nothing else, other games on proton seem fine so far and this seems to have started happening since the new Deimos areas were added, anyone else experiencing similar ?

Edited by _Anise_

2 answers to this question

@_Anise_ This is on Windows for me but - I've noticed the background app limiter that NVCP has no longer works for this game as of U35. The game just keeps rendering at max frame rate even though I have it set to 30FPS, whereas it previously did not do this in borderless fullscreen and when out of focus / clicked off of or minimized. Might be related so I wanted to mention it in case you have some program similar on Linux set up (or use the one in NVCP), but I'm unsure why it's doing this either. It's definitely related to the update as the same Nvidia driver was used across versions too, the game will just happily use tons of resources when in the background now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

sounds like it could be related, I should have mentioned I am running it in fullscreen windowed mode (this mostly because allows me to easily tab in and out)

also even though I have v-sync disabled the internal fps meter always seems to report it's matching my monitor refresh rate though I didn't check to see if it was doing that with the game out of focus,

edit: I think it can also end up taking even more cpu power when minimized vs just tabbed out where it theoretically shouldn't be using hardly any at all ?

Edited by _Anise_