Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki`s reborn

FlowreenSawlam

Hello Tenno,

Let's all use our ultimate and cast a spell on senor Pablo to make him rework/update our beloved Loki to ... let's say 2024 Warframe standards :D

Here are my thoughts in regards of his skills.

Passive Ability: Elusive Shadow

Loki is naturally adept at remaining unseen, granting him increased movement (parkour) speed by 25% and attack speed by 30% while using daggers. Additionally, he has a chance to evade enemy attacks (50% evasion rate for ranged and melee attacks) 

Note: (Percentage of these buffs are subject to balance) 

Skill 1: Decoy Distraction

Loki deploys a holographic decoy that mimics his appearance and movements, drawing enemy attention away from Loki himself. 
The decoy emits periodic bursts of energy that disorient nearby enemies, causing them to briefly lose track of their target. The decoy draws and store enemy fire and can be detonated remotely, causing it to explode in a burst of blinding light, stunning nearby enemies.
The explosion armour strip enemies that have armour or remove shields for enemies that have shield

Note: Armor and shield strip percentage is based on Power strength while the radius of explosion is based on Ability range

Skill 2: Umbral Veil

Loki cloaks himself in shadows, becoming invisible to enemies for a duration. While invisible, Loki gains increased movement speed and bonus damage for his melee attacks (daggers only). 

Note: Invisibility duration is based on Ability duration while movement speed and bonus damage is based on Power strength

Skill 3: Trickster's Gambit

Loki unleashes a wave of confusion that disorients enemies in the area, causing them to briefly lose track of their allies and objectives. Affected enemies may accidentally attack their own allies or wander aimlessly for a short duration. Additionally, Loki gains increased critical hit chance against confused enemies.

Note: Loki gains 25% critical chance per confused enemy  - (Percentage of this buff is subject to balance) 

Disorientation debuff and critical chance buff duration is based on Ability duration
          Disorientation area of debuff is based on Ability range

Ultimate: Laevateinn (Wand of Destruction)

Loki gain access to the power of an exalted dagger.

Note: The exalted dagger applies slash and radiation status effects with 100% chance.
           The dagger can be modded similar to Excalibur exalted blade.
           The skill drains energy upon activation. The energy drain can be lowered by Ability efficiency mods

While designing these new skills i kept in mind his historical original design but also his in-game (Warframe) existing abilities and status so that the "new" Loki wont be confusing to new and old players.

Thank you for your time and all the best

27 minutes ago, FlowreenSawlam said:

he has a chance to evade enemy attacks

Just checking, this was a joke you snuck in here, right?

Because LOL can we stop with the whole Loki and Nyx copying each other's homework, plskthx :P

(Also, evasion on an invis Frame is a bit odd.)

30 minutes ago, FlowreenSawlam said:

Armor and shield strip percentage is based on Power strength

TBH, not an immediate fan of making Loki a Strength-based Frame,
you could just make it unaffected by Str and instead get charged by the "stored enemy fire" you mentioned.

Because otherwise ... what exactly is it storing that for? Do you want it to deal damage on release? Just like ... Nyx? arghghhgl

37 minutes ago, FlowreenSawlam said:

bonus damage for his melee attacks (daggers only)

Also not a big fan of super-specific buffs like this, nevermind that unaware enemies already take 8x Melee damage.

39 minutes ago, FlowreenSawlam said:

Loki unleashes a wave of confusion that disorients enemies in the area, causing them to briefly lose track of their allies and objectives. Affected enemies may accidentally attack their own allies

But.

Nyx.

Come on.

40 minutes ago, FlowreenSawlam said:

exalted dagger

Still not convinced Loki should be an ability damage Frame, also, yet another ability weapon, without any new unique gimmick? Eh.

41 minutes ago, FlowreenSawlam said:

applies slash and radiation status effects with 100% chance

Just pointing out, causing Radiation procs to enemies right in front of you
means you are now smack dab in the crossfire of enemies attacking each other.

I think stuff like Ash's Smoke Shadow Augment could be a nice basis for Loki to copy instead of Nyx take a page from,
it's a Squad buff that fits a sneaky playstyle, enhancing both defense and offense, all while not relying on Strength. I love it.

For a trickster Frame (and while Mirage's Sleight Of Hand is still broken and unusable for regular missions),
I could see something like ... an aura that randomly causes enemy weapons to explode when fired,
causing a radial knockdown (and not so much damage), or a jamming effect for otherwise CC-immune enemies.

Furthermore, Loki should not least gain a way to force enemies into a Finisher state, and / or an immediate reset for their awareness.

Some kind of Squad buff to Crit Damage and Status Chance could be a thing.

Invis duration being prolonged for inflicting Status effects (because Trickster Frame) would be neat I think.

Maybe a growing (capped) buff to the above CD and SC the longer you stay invisible?
With the Squad gaining your growth there as well, of course.

Yeah dunno, just ... anything other than direct ability damage, is what I'm getting at here. We have so many other Frames for that.

I like Loki as he is. Some of the changes like a better decoy yea and the no pause on switch tp but i want invis and radial disarm to stay. Just add some extra effects to disarm don't replace it with some other trash omni buff or armor strip because we got enough of those.

I can't trust reworks now since the hydroid change. the removal of puddle in place of an omni buff/armor strip no brain button. The barrage rework was enough and if you're end game with it you'd have a shard to do the armor strip all ready.

I hate this new mindset that every frame as to be perfect at all the missions this game has.

Loki as what he is right now is actually fine. Pablo mentioned that his decoy are getting changed which will help his decoy and his teleport ability is also getting changes. If loki got changed to do damage or be a nuke or whatever, then that will just not make Loki, Loki. So from this, i am not a fan of the suggested changes