Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's passive.

mr_GGF

It's no secret that Frost's passive ability is terrible. Is it possible to persuade developers to change it? Recently Hydroid received changes. It now removes all armor at 10 points of corrosion. Maybe it's worth allowing Frost to completely freeze the enemy when the maximum amount of cold is reached?  This idea is not mine. I saw it in this video. here

• Like 1

It's certainly a better passive that his borderline non-existent one but I also won't lie when I say that this won't add much for Frost (unless you're an avid Epitaph user), since Avalanche and Snow Globe already have mass instant freezing effects at the press of a button

While we're at it can we increase his max energy ? it's literally the only thing i struggle with while playing frost it's SO LOW, lower than some non prime warframes

Energy is another issue that needs to be discussed. Frost has a negligible amount of energy with the Prime flow.

6 часов назад, mariberry-hearn сказал:

It's certainly a better passive that his borderline non-existent one but I also won't lie when I say that this won't add much for Frost (unless you're an avid Epitaph user), since Avalanche and Snow Globe already have mass instant freezing effects at the press of a button

What if I don't want to run around with an epitaph? especially since other frames can get changes, but Frost can't?

Yeah it kinda doesn't exist.

I'd suggest something like frostburn dot or whatever that only Frost would get from cold procs he applies, but I don't even see how they could even do that.

To be fair, as a Frost main myself, I'd take any stat increase or w/e, just so we actually have a passive.

1 hour ago, mr_GGF said:

What if I don't want to run around with an epitaph? especially since other frames can get changes, but Frost can't?

Think we're running into a misunderstanding here 😅
Let me rephrase: my point is that the passive you proposed won't do much for Frost if you're *not* using Epitaph (and tbh even that is a stretch), because he's already more than capable of instant-freezing entire rooms of mobs with Avalanche and Snow Globe. It's a better passive than his current one, but just not enough in my eyes

Would love to see a rework of Frost concurrent with a rework of cold status. As it is right now cold status is completely useless against most of the game. If they make it so that it always gives a crit damage bonus even when it doesn't do the slow and made it work like that on all the bosses it's currently turned off against he would be substantially better, but generally his whole kit just needs a pass. His passive augment should just be added to his passive, or both should be reworked and replaced with something more interesting.

8 часов назад, mariberry-hearn сказал:

Think we're running into a misunderstanding here 😅
Let me rephrase: my point is that the passive you proposed won't do much for Frost if you're *not* using Epitaph (and tbh even that is a stretch), because he's already more than capable of instant-freezing entire rooms of mobs with Avalanche and Snow Globe. It's a better passive than his current one, but just not enough in my eyes

I think there are quite a few weapons that can add cold status. This passive ability will be much more useful. If only they could try it

7 часов назад, Aevire сказал:

Would love to see a rework of Frost concurrent with a rework of cold status. As it is right now cold status is completely useless against most of the game. If they make it so that it always gives a crit damage bonus even when it doesn't do the slow and made it work like that on all the bosses it's currently turned off against he would be substantially better, but generally his whole kit just needs a pass. His passive augment should just be added to his passive, or both should be reworked and replaced with something more interesting.

I don't even hope for a complete rework (but I really want it). It can be done not entirely, but in parts. And start with the passive ability.

If you wanted to do this, you would probably need to alter the rest of his kit to apply Cold instead of jumping straight to FrozenSnowglobe freezes enemies hit by it at the moment of cast, an Avalanche freezes all enemies in range, but neither apply Cold Status. Maybe have them apply 4 and 8 Cold Status, and have the additional effect of extending the duration of the Frozen effect?

And have his passive increase the effect of the first Cold Status by 10%, and having any affected enemy that reaches 9 Cold Status (the current cap) be frozen solid for maybe 8 seconds before thawing and losing 5 stacks of Cold.