Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Troubles With Update 11

globdom

Hey guys, update 11 was released recently and it had some amazing additions such as the new warframe and weapons. It also came with some less like aspects. This thread is to adress them (not rant about them).

First of all, I would like to say that I was a bit disappointed in finding out that the armor ignoring aspect of weapons was removed and excellent weapons such as the acrid and flux rifle were nerfed making them have no good qualities.

Second of all, it is very hard to even kill a level 30 enemy. Before I would use my acrid and kill a level 30 napalm within seconds; now however, it takes more than a minute to kill a napalm with the acrid. Level 100s were easy to kill with the right weapons, now it's close to impossible to kill level 100s (If they exist anymore).

Overall update 11 was amazing and I commend DE for bringing us new stuff and making the Warframe experience that much better, but I would like you guys to consider these "faults" as they may be and consider fixing it in your next updates to come if you feel that these are valid reasons.

Thank you for reading,

-globdom

You probably haven't gotten used to the way the damage system has changed. I've easily been running around 3-4 shotting level 80+ enemies with Soma, and we all know how insane the magazine/fire rate is for that, so taking just a few shots to kill a high level enemy is good.

Acrid isn't the "Win All" secondary it once was, but it can still tear enemies apart. I bet you haven't gotten around to finding a Toxin mod for it to boost it's damage by another 90%, or worked the appropriate combos for the faction you're facing. I even forgot to change anything on it when I brought it into a mission and it was still 1-2 shotting Infested, and they take 25% reduced damage from it!

Edit: Toss on a Pathogen Rounds and Convulsion mods to turn your Acrid into a Corrosive spitting death gun. 75% increased damage against armor!

Armor isn't nearly as much of an issue now, so the whole "Armor Ignore or bust" setup is gone, which is a blessing.

Edited by Suzaku4489

it sounds like you havent figured out the new damage 2.0 and how to abuse it to get the same if not better effect against enemies. the secret of damage 2.0 is you build the weapon to be effective against a faction and not just rainbow win with only certain weapons like the akrid and flux.

as a side note, akrid can still eat a napalm in seconds, you just have to mod it right.

You probably haven't gotten used to the way the damage system has changed. I've easily been running around 3-4 shotting level 80+ enemies with Soma, and we all know how insane the magazine/fire rate is for that, so taking just a few shots to kill a high level enemy is good.

What? By level 80 you mean 40 with the current system or?

well as a base example of how to effectively use your guns now:

soma has a high amount of slash damage. slash damage is good mainly on infested and bad against robotics. thus you should mod it more for slash, fire, toxic, blast, viral or gas.

boltor does alot of puncture damage. puncture damage is good against armor and robotics while bad against infested. thus you should probably mod it with more puncture along with electric, blast, radiation, corrosive, or magnetic.

Gorgon has very high impact damage. impact is great against robotics and shields but is not so great against infested. thus you should mod it for more impact, cold, electric, radiation, corrosive or magnetic.

so in the end, this makes weapons be the deciding factor for what they are best against instead of hwo it used to just be "these few guns", further strengthening the creativity of players to reach new heights of damage along with creating diversity.

Yep, with the current system. Headshots, and on light infested (which are killed fairly easily, ancients take a bit more lead), but yes, killing level 80+ with just a few well placed, properly modded shots.

Nah, can't believe it. It takes a while to kill the lvl 50-54 (old system 100-108) on T3 Defense on the last waves with my Soma.

Show us your equipment then.

Are you crying because acrid does not insta kill anymore?Go cry in a corner and change your mods.

lol... I'm just a bit annoyed since I farmed for all the materials for the acrid over the course of 1-2 months xD and I wasted a potato on it.