Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Warrior’s Rest feels great, but I don't feel like non-Prime owners should have to give up a mod slot to make helminth abilities function on their Warframe. Please add its effect as a toggle to Excal Umbra instead of needing a mod

For those that don't know, if you go into operator as Excalibur Umbra he turns off all your helminth abilities and cancels their duration. Meaning Roar, Warcry, Wrathful Advance, Defy, Gloom, or any other helminth ability is immediately cancelled as soon as you press 5. This sucks, and makes Umbra much worse than his Prime, though this has seemingly been addressed with his new augment, Warrior's Rest.

I've been able to make space for the augment in my builds, but it's often at the cost of an extremely impactful mod like Primed Sure Footed or Chromatic Blade. Often this is worth it, because the helminth abilities you now get access to are incredible. But it still feels like I'm being given a weaker version of the frame because I didn't spend $100+ 10 years ago. Prime is still the only variant that gets the dramatically increased stats of Umbra and the ability to use whatever helminth ability you want without losing a mod slot for no reason.

Please just add a toggle in the arsenal or the settings that allows you to freely disable this option. This is a strict gameplay disadvantage for players who don't have Excalibur Prime, and while the augment lets you make do, it's still an entire extra mod you lose just because you don't have Excalibur Prime. Excalibur has multiple great augments, so mod space on him is already tight.

• Like 12

EXACTLY!! this is literally what i've been saying, we're being punished for playing the best version of him, i have to give up PSF to get rid of HIS BUGS and mind someone like umbra really need PSF, just let us disable the passive or remove the passive from his kit and add it as an augment

• Like 3

14 hours ago, owendawgx said:

Please just add a toggle in the arsenal or the settings that allows you to freely disable this option.

I'd prefer a gear item that allows us to switch between sentient/stationary mode.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

I'd prefer a gear item that allows us to switch between sentient/stationary mode.

That would also work!

10 hours ago, Waeleto said:

EXACTLY!! this is literally what i've been saying, we're being punished for playing the best version of him, i have to give up PSF to get rid of HIS BUGS and mind someone like umbra really need PSF, just let us disable the passive or remove the passive from his kit and add it as an augment

Yeah it is really frustrating that we have to lose a mod slot or 75 base energy to fix a bug.

• Like 1

Agree. His passive is a problem, the base excalibur is better and it dosent make sense to me, a toggle to unable his passive or just a item, or whatever, please DE, Exacalibur is the poster boy of warframe.

• Like 3

I found myself using my good old vanilla excal instead of umbra because of this more often then not nowadays.

The mod feels like a slap in the face. I could accept the "fix" being a mod if it did something else than 15% power strength. Let it be an actual augment stat that increase with strength or duration. A melee buff would have been in theme with excal.

13 minutes ago, Vantooth said:

I found myself using my good old vanilla excal instead of umbra because of this more often then not nowadays.

The mod feels like a slap in the face. I could accept the "fix" being a mod if it did something else than 15% power strength. Let it be an actual augment stat that increase with strength or duration. A melee buff would have been in theme with excal.

This would also be satisfying. Maybe if it added a cool mechanic or acted as Primed Sure Footed for Umbra it would be a totally solved issue. 

5 hours ago, owendawgx said:

This would also be satisfying. Maybe if it added a cool mechanic or acted as Primed Sure Footed for Umbra it would be a totally solved issue. 

If it was either a larger boost(24-30%) or if it did something interesting like trade the sentience for, as an example +15% additional melee damage and attack speeds with sword type weapons(5% more then base Excalibur) that would be another thing, but 15% is not a worthwhile payout for 7 mod capacity, not even in the exilus slot.

• Like 1