Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

GI Lighting in the Orbiter Is Still Way Too Dark

I had a feeling leading up to this update, at the mention of the orbiter getting a lighting overhaul, that most of the decor I have chosen to place would be ruined by large overcast shadows and unfortunately I was correct. Please consider some sort of GI lighting toggle, or at the very least give us some place-able source lights or something to that effect. Here is my orbiter Before and After the update.

Before:

image.png?ex=6615c685&is=66035185&hm=d8a

After:

wTkISg0.png

• Like 9

It's awful, I can't see my operator/drifter colors clearly anymore even with my ship colored bright white, makes doing any kind of fashion impossible

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sena said:

It's awful, I can't see my operator/drifter colors clearly anymore even with my ship colored bright white, makes doing any kind of fashion impossible

Yeah. Accurate color assessment is another thing that has taken a hit for sure.

This is supposed to be accurate/realistic lighting but what's happened is that there aren't enough lights. So everything is darker, solution is to add more lights or give us options to add more lights where we want.

42 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

This is supposed to be accurate/realistic lighting but what's happened is that there aren't enough lights. So everything is darker, solution is to add more lights or give us options to add more lights where we want.

I mean aside from a lack of actual light sources, it just further shows how janky shadows cast from decor can be as well.

On 2024-03-30 at 3:41 PM, Sena said:

I have some tables with stuff on them arround the arsenal and now can barely even see them, and my floof collection is just a dark blob. Very bad update, toggle should be made so we can actually see, atleast it's not as bad a some previous updates that made me game run at half fps, but those had toggles......

On 2024-03-30 at 12:41 AM, Sena said:

All my frames look muddy now, and fashion is completely incinerated. The depressing shadow over everything really kills my mood when I'm not in missions, too. I'm genuinely not playing as long because of it. I know I'm not alone.