Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon Ticket Sales Delayed on Official Website in 2023 and now 2024

Voltage

Hey guys. I know this is a very first world problem, but I have been trying to score the Legendary TennoCon ticket ever since I accompanied the player who purchased it in 2019. The TennoCon experience is always good fun, and that personal glyph has always appealed to me. With that said, in 2023 and now 2024, the official Warframe storefront has updated in a delayed manner from the actual payment portal, and I've been frustrated for 2 years now with the buying experience. Buying the ticket on a PC requires me to take off work and make up my hours elsewhere, and it really stings when this doesn't work out after the hoops I jump through just for the chance to buy the exclusive ticket.

This year the tickets were through Eventbrite, and while Eventbrite updated at 11:00 ET instantly, the official Warframe store was delayed by a minute or so. I just barely managed to score a VIP ticket, but it doesn't sit well that both years I have tried to be here on time to get these highly sought after tickets, a website issue outside of my control has prevented a seamless purchasing experience.

I would just like for future TennoCon, TennoVIP and other events that DE be more communicative on exactly who is selling the tickets with links when they advertise. It just really stinks that the sale was at 11:00 ET, but the official website was outdated and resulted in people not getting the opportunity to make their purchases unless they knew who the vendor was. I only figured to check Eventbrite quickly as I attended TennoVIP in Boston and they used that vendor. If I hadn't thought of that, I probably would have been stuck with Collectors or General Admission like the years prior. 

In any case, I am still excited to meet players there that I didn't before, and enjoy the now 2 day experience. London is a really fun city, and I hope everyone else going enjoys their time as much as I do every year I have attended.

See you guys in July!

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

• Voltage changed the title to TennoCon Ticket Sales Delayed on Official Website in 2023 and now 2024

I actually didn't even manage to get a VIP ticket because I didn't know when things even went on sale. I only just saw this post after having finished my own about the obscurity of not posting the times in advance like they have other years. I shouldn't need twitter to find out when ticket sales for my favorite game go up when that game has its own website, forum, and a dedicated webpage counting down to the event.

Besides which, even going through the digital pack was exactly as you said, more loading and page changes than I would have expected for the process in earlier years.

This was a fail to me, and this year's tennocon is going to have that taste in the back of my mouth the whole time. I didn't mind the collector's experience, but with how much waiting it was, I really wanted to go the VIP route this year. Have fun! I guess I won't get to talk to you in person like I'd hoped, lol.

• Like 3

First TennoCon I'll be able to attend and myself and a few others were sat on the Warframe site refreshing to grab at least VIP when the sales went live. The buttons remained "Coming Soon" until four minutes past the hour and were showing as "SOLD OUT" on Legendary by two minutes past - before you could even click 'Buy'. VIP were then allowing you to select them and a quantity but as soon as you clicked to pay it said they were 'Unavailable'. Very clear that some people had access to the Eventbrite link prior and jumped straight on to snap them up.

It's highly disappointing, I was hoping for a fair chance at trying for a Legendary ticket. It'll still be nice to go but it's not cool that ticket sales are set up in a way that people can game the system and deprive others of a chance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Avernal said:

First TennoCon I'll be able to attend and myself and a few others were sat on the Warframe site refreshing to grab at least VIP when the sales went live. The buttons remained "Coming Soon" until four minutes past the hour and were showing as "SOLD OUT" on Legendary by two minutes past - before you could even click 'Buy'. VIP were then allowing you to select them and a quantity but as soon as you clicked to pay it said they were 'Unavailable'. Very clear that some people had access to the Eventbrite link prior and jumped straight on to snap them up.

It's highly disappointing, I was hoping for a fair chance at trying for a Legendary ticket. It'll still be nice to go but it's not cool that ticket sales are set up in a way that people can game the system and deprive others of a chance.

Yep. Eventbrite updated on the hour but DE's official store did not. I was one of the last to get a VIP ticket, and that's with me guessing to check Eventbrite considering I was just at TennoVIP last Friday...

It's really frustrating that this is the second year in a row this has happened to me. It could certainly be worse, like my experience with Ticketmaster, but it would be nice if this was corrected. If this happens for a third year in a row, I don't even know what to say.

• Like 2

Ticketmaster are shockingly bad, yep. 😅

I flicked DE's events person a message when it happened saying it looked like the URL had been leaked internally, in all likelihood it was just insider knowledge/educated guesses as you say. I'd hope with it being raised it's something they keep in mind for 2025 - it's also very late for those of us overseas when we need to book international flights and their prices go up. They're non-refundable so you need to have the event ticket secured to know you're actually going first.

Oh and your steps taken prior to purchase is relatable - 11am EST is 4am Good Friday for those of us in NZ, so we'd set alarms to get up early and I'd actually gone to the extent of entering my payment information on the Warframe storefront and talking to my bank to green flag their merchant service so a large sum purchase at 4am on a public holiday didn't trigger fraud alarm bells. Little did I know it wasn't even being handled by them and would just be an Eventbrite thing. 🤦

Edited by Avernal
Additional info

29 minutes ago, Avernal said:

Ticketmaster are shockingly bad, yep. 😅

I flicked DE's events person a message when it happened saying it looked like the URL had been leaked internally, in all likelihood it was just insider knowledge/educated guesses as you say. I'd hope with it being raised it's something they keep in mind for 2025 - it's also very late for those of us overseas when we need to book international flights and their prices go up. They're non-refundable so you need to have the event ticket secured to know you're actually going first.

Oh and your steps taken prior to purchase is relatable - 11am EST is 4am Good Friday for those of us in NZ, so we'd set alarms to get up early and I'd actually gone to the extent of entering my payment information on the Warframe storefront and talking to my bank to green flag their merchant service so a large sum purchase at 4am on a public holiday didn't trigger fraud alarm bells. Little did I know it wasn't even being handled by them and would just be an Eventbrite thing. 🤦

Damn. 4 AM!!! That's rough :(

I'm honestly so f**king LIVID about the whole situation!! I took off work to make sure I had time and a solid internet connection to be able to shoot for the legendary ticket or the VIP at least. I blew a solid payday just to end up with nothing because a handful of people managed to screw the system.

Myself and the dozen or so friends who were online for tickets didn't get squat, we've all reached out to our other WF friends and groups and not a SINGLE person was able to get a VIP ticket. At this point it's clear it was either bots or a leak.

I'm amazed there isn't a loyalty system for Tennocon like other conventions have. If you've been to the con before and your account is in good standing you should be able to get tickets in advance. New York Comic Con/Anime NYC have been doing this for years! I got a VIP ticket last year and was at TennoVIP last weekend and never thought this would be an issue.

For the record, I had the WF site open in one tab and Eventbrite open in another and at no point did Eventbrite show the event until long after the WF site did, you would have had to have a direct link to the event to get tickets.

53 minutes ago, --Fang-- said:

At this point it's clear it was either bots or a leak.

I get your frustration but I wouldn't jump to this conclusion. I simply think DE's website was not synced with who was distributing tickets, thus people on the official Warframe website were waiting for something that was already on sale. 

It is what it is :/

Tickets being available on Eventbrite wasn't a leak or "insider" info. It was literally mentioned in the first paragraph under BUY TICKETS NOW on the official TennoCon ticket page.

Edited by Elof
Typo

1 hour ago, Elof said:

Tickets being available on Eventbrite wasn't a leak or "insider" info. It was literally mentioned in the first paragraph under BUY TICKETS NOW on the official TennoCon ticket page.

The only link provided to buy tickets was the one to Warframes site, not Eventbrites. After tickets didn't go live at 11am I checked Eventbrite and there was NOTHING. I searched Tennocon, Warframe, Digital Extremes, etc and NOTHING came up on their site. There was no way to access the event directly through them without a link.

• Like 2

I bought 6 tickets at 11:06....

The website crashed a couple times and when the purchase went through it bought 2 tickets for 1 friend I was buying for and left another completely out.

I ordered an additional ticket for that friend that was left off the order and by the time I could send in a ticket for a refund....DE messaged me and refunded the duplicate ticket.

In the end it worked out, but the website wasn't working right for a few Minutes.....which generally happens when tickets go on sale.

DE fixed a mistake basically immediately with my order. From my experience, I was satisfied with the outcome.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim

On 2024-03-28 at 12:08 PM, Dragoon said:

Have fun! I guess I won't get to talk to you in person like I'd hoped, lol.

I appreciate the gesture. Would be cool to meet more than just my friend group. I'm not that important though lol.