Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Warframe melee strips Overshields from Companions.

Hi, this is my first post and I'm not sure if this report can be here.

Today I was playing with Dante and Styanax and I noticed that my companion's overguard is "cancelled" when I do a melee attack.

Example.

If my companion has the mod "Primed Pack leader" equipped and accumulates 5,000 overguard, when I do melee attack it is immediately lowered to 2200.

If he accumulates 5,000 overguard and does not have the "Pack leader" mod equipped, when I do a melee attack all the overguard is removed.

I have a couple of videos about this bug but didn't know how to upload them, I hope the description of the bug was understandable.

• Like 1

Noticed playing with friend on Dante in New steel path survival relic on Lua and both of our companions kept going down despite constant uptime on 50,000 plus overgaurd from triumph ability. I kept watch of companion overshield and observed that when I got a melee kill or Finisher the overgaurd would be reset with the pack leader overgaurd even though it is lower. Example my kavat went from 50,000 overgaurd to 1800 max overgaurd from my prime pack leader mod after a melee attack. Tested several times. 

• Like 1

So I noticed that seemingly as random my companion would just lose all its Overguard. After some testing and removing all mods I found the following will strip your companion.

A single melee attack on an enemy will remove it
A mercy kill/finisher
Parkouring into some enemies.
Detonating a glaive in midair

You can work around this giving his play style but hope this gets fixed

Edited by Romogar
  • Like 1

It happened to me and my friend.

I have verified further and it seems to function properly while wearing the Pack Leader. However, once the limit is exceeded, every time you hit a melee attack, it will decrease to the overguard limit of the Pack Leader.

Hi Tenno! Confirming this is a known issue: Pack Leader will remove companion Overguard. 

After investigation, the team has determined this will require a Code change, meaning we will be unable to fix this until our next Cert build. Thank you for the reports!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi Tenno! Confirming this is a known issue: Pack Leader will remove companion Overguard. 

After investigation, the team has determined this will require a Code change, meaning we will be unable to fix this until our next Cert build. Thank you for the reports!

Overguard is removed regardless of whether or not the Pack Leader is installed.

If anything, on the contrary, it works fine up to 1200 while equipped with Pack Leader. (I don't have Primed, so this is a prediction, but probably 2200 if Primed).