Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Advertisement Banner Improvement Thread

Azure_Kytia

I'm sure it's not the only advertisement you have, but it really looks sepia toned and uninteresting, in my opinion. I have taken the not-so-creative liberty of trying my hand to see if I can help out!

This is the one I encountered, and it did not at all make me think "that looks interesting". I think it's the colours, and the misaligned FREE TO PLAY and SIGN UP NOW texts.

VzZjSrY.png

So here are a few I thought I would try to make! For those unfamiliar with Forums, click on the show button to display the images.

By Azure_Kyte:

wY0Du7P.png

Old #Ver. 2:

WKBUwxo.png

Revised #Ver. 2:

cayih3r.png

5ahx59M.png

4oMePK4.png

Zpdkmmx.png

By GrimWing:

21jve6e.jpg

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Here is a horizontal image idea...

Wall Running Warframe Midground, A Grineer in Forground falling back into and under camera (with implication effect of being shot).

That Cave tile with the obvious wall run section over to the vents. Put the Grineer on the Vent ledge and frame the shot so the two story section is in the background.

The clencher is depecting Space Ninja Badassness while commuicting the tone and feel of the game. I'll admit that shooting anything while wall running is actually rather hard, but it's an Ad.

Maybe a new thread in the Fan Section for this, make your own Warframe ad banner?

Edited by Brasten

Keep em coming...we need all the ideas we can get! Have you downloaded the fansite kit? I'd be interested to see what you can make with some of those assets. I agree with the others that the 2nd one is the best. The next 2 are too busy (hard to tell what's going on, even after losing a Frame) and the bottom one is too bland color-wise to me.

We also agree our ads are lacking, that's mainly because we have our ninja artists working on the game instead of our ads but we definitely need to up our ad game!

We've been doing a bit of A/B testing with our ads and as of late have highlighted the space ninja feel to the game. Here's currently our top 3 clicked thru ads. What do think?

RxUPVcm.jpg

e6ukCm9.jpg

D47T6oV.jpg

Keep em coming...we need all the ideas we can get! Have you downloaded the fansite kit? I'd be interested to see what you can make with some of those assets. I agree with the others that the 2nd one is the best. The next 2 are too busy (hard to tell what's going on, even after losing a Frame) and the bottom one is too bland color-wise to me.

We also agree our ads are lacking, that's mainly because we have our ninja artists working on the game instead of our ads but we definitely need to up our ad game!

We've been doing a bit of A/B testing with our ads and as of late have highlighted the space ninja feel to the game. Here's currently our top 3 clicked thru ads. What do think?

RxUPVcm.jpg

e6ukCm9.jpg

D47T6oV.jpg

The First one makes me want to click it because I see action, and it looks like actual in game graphics.

The Second one has a cool art to it, but it reminds me of one of those Browser based games, like Evony and their Ads.

The Third one makes me want to click it because I see something similar to the first link, however It feels kinda smooshed together so I want to see the whole thing.

Actually just a though, you know that openning vent drop animation, when the 1st frame looks back at the 2nd... put with the right background that would be a very powerful image.

Also

Have you downloaded the fansite kit? I'd be interested to see what you can make with some of those assets.

Doing so. :P Kinda forgot about it as I don't run any websites currently.

A/B testing = I like 1st and 3rd = they are dynamic and show space-ninja action

@ jaywalker ... " I agree with the others that the 2nd one is the best. The next 2 are too busy"

... there are only 3 suggestion from Azure_Kyte, so after 2nd (2versions) there is only 3rd (only excalbur)

so when people say they like the second picture they are thinking on this:

cayih3r.png

Edited by Strac_CRO

A/B testing = I like 1st and 3rd = they are dynamic and show space-ninja action

@ jaywalker ... " I agree with the others that the 2nd one is the best. The next 2 are too busy"

... there are only 3 suggestion from Azure_Kyte, so after 2nd (2versions) there is only 3rd (only excalbur)

so when people say they like the second picture they are thinking on this:

cayih3r.png

You're right...I got my order mixed up...was counting ours as number 1 and for some reason the one above ^^^ is showing twice for me on this thread. So I guess what I meant to say is I like number 1, with the Grineer, number 2 is too busy and number 3 (with only Excal) too bland.

You're right...I got my order mixed up...was counting ours as number 1 and for some reason the one above ^^^ is showing twice for me on this thread. So I guess what I meant to say is I like number 1, with the Grineer, number 2 is too busy and number 3 (with only Excal) too bland.

The reason it shows twice is the second one was edited to make it less cluttered. I think it looks good but it looks a bit off since the lighting sources for each frame in the renders is slightly different.

I don't really like the first suggestion for the same reason I don't like the official ad posted in the thread. It only shows the enemy and not a Warframe.

I took the liberty of using the current 3 ads from jaywalker and the latest 2 from Azure_Kyte and placed them on my Community Forum in an Ad Rotator amongst my Google Adsense.

Community Site: http://www.vgunetwork.com

Azure_Kytes are rotating in the top banner location, the 3 from jaywalker are rotating at the sidebar ( very bottom -.-, going to fix this...EDIT: Fixed :) ) location.

Edited by Maxunit

RxUPVcm.jpg

e6ukCm9.jpg

D47T6oV.jpg

Wow they look fabulous!