Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts on Dante.

Before I start, I don't want the mods to think this is feedback, it's really not, please don't transfer this post somewhere else.
ok now, you all know how much I was excited for Dante, but don't worry, as much as it was tempting, Dante body pillows weren't part of the plan (I see you Unstarprime)

Dante's competition: Dante, had a REALLY strong competition, it was Lavos with Valence formation augment, Imagine the satisfaction I felt where I managed to counter every Profit taker orb shield weakness, without ever reverting to operator to change it.
having the ability to use any element on your weapon, is insane! not only can you counter any enemy, you can remove all elemental mods on your weapons and use additional utilitarian mods, like faction, more fire rate, reload etc...I honestly didn't know why I would use the new Frame when I got almost everything I needed and much more.

But: but that doesn't mean that the book frame doesn't have versatility of his own, which really made this competition much more intriguing, I now think that having to compare between Warframes, sometimes is a healthy way to know how both of them hold up, and what are the pros and cons

Dante's yays: Dante has Equinox' duality between offense and support, with Lavos' on the spot adaptability, also, almost each ability he has and iteration of final verse is equally important, no ability feel out of place or weaker than the rest, which means you get the chance to use every aspect of this frame, compared to Equinox who has a lot stats that gets her nowhere.
he can also survive really well, A lot of I frames, no need to mod for shield gating, and lots of overguard support!

Dante's nays: To highlight Dante's nays, I'm going to compare him to Lavos, because Alone he is perfect in my opinion...Now compared to Lavos, Dante lacks in diverse damage sources, Lavos can damage enemies with any element, either using ability damage or weapon damage, he's equally balanced between them, while Dante only has status damage as his primary form of offense.
he isn't really as strong when it comes to single target, boss damage...without Noctua that is.

My Ultimate Dante Build: https://overframe.gg/build/639921/

A few things to note here:

• I am using 4 tau crimson shards to get 60% duration, and counter the negative effects of fleeting expertise.
  • Fleeting expertise + primed flow + energy nexus, might be overkill, but I love efficiency, and getting a lot of energy input and low energy output means I can never run out.
  • The Last shard space, is for casting speed, I don't like to use too much casting speed on caster frames because I enjoy seeing the animations.

My Noctua build: https://overframe.gg/build/639928/

• Modding for Radiation damage? yes, because most bosses are vulnerable to radiation, and like I previously said, Dante lacks in high single target damage...so I modded accordingly.
  • Empty slot is vome invocation, but Dante is still new on Overframe.
  • the book is really Good, and it still does a good amount of slash, despite the elemental weighting.
  • A pure dot build, didn't work out for me.

aaaand that's it...really happy with that frame, and as obvious as it looks from my new name, he's going to be my favorite Warframe moving forward.

22 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

The Last shard space, is for casting speed, I don't like to use too much casting speed on caster frames because I enjoy seeing the animations

I have 2 tau casting speed shards on dante and it's kinda causing issues with his 4, lowkey might remove one of them

1 hour ago, Prof-Dante said:

(I see you Unstarprime)

I appreciate that you left this here, because if you hadn't I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to figure out that you're the Tenno Formerly Known as Qorvex XD

My Dante is still in the oven, looking forward to giving him a try.  By all accounts he seems like he'll be a fun frame, and that polyhedron aesthetic is something I didn't know I wanted until the instant I saw it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kronxito said:

Pure slash build wrecks and for bosses i have my beloved incarnons and the overguard. 

Yeah, I am trying a different dot build, with Heat and Archon Vitality...since tragedy works on heat procs as well...so far so good.

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

I have 2 tau casting speed shards on dante and it's kinda causing issues with his 4, lowkey might remove one of them

I know, too much casting speed on some Warframes is bad.

1 hour ago, UnstarPrime said:

I appreciate that you left this here, because if you hadn't I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to figure out that you're the Tenno Formerly Known as Qorvex XD

My Dante is still in the oven, looking forward to giving him a try.  By all accounts he seems like he'll be a fun frame, and that polyhedron aesthetic is something I didn't know I wanted until the instant I saw it.

yup, he is very fun...although I wish his extra book scaled with strength.

1 hour ago, Aruquae said:

Can’t argue with that

Does the prof stand for professional or professor? 
Or professional professor

Just to clarify, Money here is Plat I got from selling a lot of items, not actual money...but it sounds funnier xd.

and yea it's Professor.

Also @Aruquae What do you think about my OP? any points you found interesting?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

I'm a good 70% sure he's gonna get nerfed. The dude is insane, practically infinite overguard, combined with that double dark 4th, this warframe can make even devils cry.

DE only nerfs a newly released Warframe if they had a bug or an ability that caused massive frame rate drops.

Gyre was very strong, but her 4 did so many electricity and shocks it caused massive lag.

Grendel eating all enemies and puking them out in one go also almost crashed the game.

so far Dante doesn't have any problems of the sort...and like I've mentioned in the OP he still can't do everything..

Edited by Prof-Dante
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

DE only nerfs a newly released Warframe if they had a bug or an ability that caused massive frame rate drops.

You also forgot that one bug with Styanax's 4 making him constantly gain altitude when spamming it.  Then again, he was also nerfed again a week after his release because he was overperforming.  At worst though, I'm thinking toning down the range coefficient for at least Dante's 4 if not all of his abilities, but as you said, he's otherwise fine.

I'm also not sure comparing Dante to Lavos is an apples-to-apples argument.  If anything, I'd probably compare him more to Equinox, who also has group support aspects and damage via slash procs, and in that case, Dante kinda wipes the floor with her due to ease of use and not requiring wasting an augment slot to be able to play both damage and support in the same mission without outstanding timing skills.

19 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

Before I start, I don't want the mods to think this is feedback, it's really not, please don't transfer this post somewhere else.
ok now, you all know how much I was excited for Dante, but don't worry, as much as it was tempting, Dante body pillows weren't part of the plan (I see you Unstarprime)

Dante's competition: Dante, had a REALLY strong competition, it was Lavos with Valence formation augment, Imagine the satisfaction I felt where I managed to counter every Profit taker orb shield weakness, without ever reverting to operator to change it.
having the ability to use any element on your weapon, is insane! not only can you counter any enemy, you can remove all elemental mods on your weapons and use additional utilitarian mods, like faction, more fire rate, reload etc...I honestly didn't know why I would use the new Frame when I got almost everything I needed and much more.

But: but that doesn't mean that the book frame doesn't have versatility of his own, which really made this competition much more intriguing, I now think that having to compare between Warframes, sometimes is a healthy way to know how both of them hold up, and what are the pros and cons

Dante's yays: Dante has Equinox' duality between offense and support, with Lavos' on the spot adaptability, also, almost each ability he has and iteration of final verse is equally important, no ability feel out of place or weaker than the rest, which means you get the chance to use every aspect of this frame, compared to Equinox who has a lot stats that gets her nowhere.
he can also survive really well, A lot of I frames, no need to mod for shield gating, and lots of overguard support!

Dante's nays: To highlight Dante's nays, I'm going to compare him to Lavos, because Alone he is perfect in my opinion...Now compared to Lavos, Dante lacks in diverse damage sources, Lavos can damage enemies with any element, either using ability damage or weapon damage, he's equally balanced between them, while Dante only has status damage as his primary form of offense.
he isn't really as strong when it comes to single target, boss damage...without Noctua that is.

My Ultimate Dante Build: https://overframe.gg/build/639921/

• I am using 4 tau crimson shards to get 60% duration, and counter the negative effects of fleeting expertise.
  • Fleeting expertise + primed flow + energy nexus, might be overkill, but I love efficiency, and getting a lot of energy input and low energy output means I can never run out.
  • The Last shard space, is for casting speed, I don't like to use too much casting speed on caster frames because I enjoy seeing the animations.

My Noctua build: https://overframe.gg/build/639928/

• Modding for Radiation damage? yes, because most bosses are vulnerable to radiation, and like I previously said, Dante lacks in high single target damage...so I modded accordingly.
  • Empty slot is vome invocation, but Dante is still new on Overframe.
  • the book is really Good, and it still does a good amount of slash, despite the elemental weighting.
  • A pure dot build, didn't work out for me.

aaaand that's it...really happy with that frame, and as obvious as it looks from my new name, he's going to be my favorite Warframe moving forward.

How is this not feedback? Are you sure you just want to keep it here so it actually gets seen because almost nobody looks at feedback?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

Just to clarify, Money here is Plat I got from selling a lot of items, not actual money...but it sounds funnier xd.

and yea it's Professor.

Also @Aruquae What do you think about my OP? any points you found interesting?

Makes sense how you compared him to Lavos

Everyone saying he's busted, but he's made to have a setup in order to do large damage (much like with Lavos) as opposed to pressing one button and winning. I find it funny how this "incredibly broken" warframe came from Pablo designing him (thanks Pablo, love the kit).

He's also considered an AoE frame, but not so much single target based like Garuda or Wisp (if you actually use her sun), which makes sense considering you see more hordes than bosses. I can also see him as a Jack of all trades considering he can do... everything... support/tank/damage along with CC due to certain status effects. If people want him to be nerfed (which is absurd) I can only seeing them nerfing the fourth not requiring LoS, OR the fourth going through walls. Other than that I find him a fun/balanced frame in this game (yes, I'm balancing him around other frames). 

JMHO but Dante is appropriate. His 3+3+4 doesn't nuke everything in SP in later rounds and his overguard is great but does not equate to immunity. I was reviving someone's dog in the 5th round of SP survival this morning and decided to just revive rather than switch to operator. I was dead in 2 seconds LOL and had to last gasp. He's fun for sure though. I thought it would be too much button pressing for me but if you can handle Octavia, Hildryn etc he's fine.

I'm thinking about helminth. Over his first. Either roar (wep dmg), gloom (slow), thermal sunder (heat) or pillage. Anyone try any helminth yet?

I'm running one tau yellow and a red for cast speed and a bump on strength

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I'm thinking about helminth. Over his first. Either roar (wep dmg), gloom (slow), thermal sunder (heat) or pillage. Anyone try any helminth yet?

Subsumed over his 1 with nourish, feels like it was made for him

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Thermal sunder?

No, I forgot to clarify...I built Noctua for heat, and added Archon Vitality.

the Damage is Absolutely insane!

The fact that Archon Vitality works with Noctua's attacks is alone a major plus.

I find it funny that every build I post here on the forums, I end up changing it later completely...I made a new one.

the most fun thing about this build is stacking up the tome mods...

my Grimoire gives me 60% efficiency, and my Noctua, 60% Strength and duration.

it's soooo fun.

Edited by Prof-Dante
  • Like 1