Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Chroma's Vex Armor and overguard/Combat Discipline

With Dante giving overguard to the team, this makes it so Chroma cannot get Vex Armor going. I tried using Combat Discipline, but when overguard is up, it applies the "lose 10 health" to the overguard instead of health. Combat Discipline should be bypassing overguard so even with it Chroma can still get the damage boost from Vex Armor going.

• Like 6

The amount of anti-synergy Chroma has with overguard is truly baffling. Poor guy was already not in a great state, and it looked like this augment would solve the issue he has with overguard. Instead, it does nothing to fix that by instead falling victim to it all the same and having been released at the same time as our new overguard superstar, Dante. Good luck losing 50k+ overguard before you can even DREAM of trying to build up Vex Armor.

It’s the year of the dragon and the dragon himself is in a poor state.

Spectral Scream just makes him not do damage ,just an extra status for condition overload at best. Also pretty expensive with 3 energy/sec.

Elemental Ward gives a stat boost for one defensive stat or gives a small increase in weapon damage (which is not much when you have Vex Armor fury buff active).

Vex Armor is an eggtimer buff to armor and weapon damage which requires you to take damage first. Good luck build this buff up with Dante and Styanax around. It’s also a death sentence when you try that in high steel path missions, but that’s not my problem.

Effigy cuts your max armor value in half for 10 energy/s, but the effigy will get you a lot of credits. It also ragdolls and stuns enemies.

All of his abilities have very low status chance or are limited otherwise (for example: the Toxin Elemental Ward will proc max. 1 stack of toxin to enemies, which could otherwise be a good way to utilize Archon Continuity for some armor strip).

Anyway, I was hyped for Guardian Armor and in 80% of the missions I tried to use it, Chroma was pretty useless completely because of Overguard.

• Like 2