Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

New Disruption - an Improvement

I've only played it for about an hour so far, but in that time I really enjoyed myself.  I liked that I didn't have to adjust the volume to play the game mode, and that I could even play it successfully with the volume off so my spouse could watch a show in the same room.

My only criticism would be that the "seeking/triangulating" part of the game mode seems to have been removed since players immediately seem to get a waypoint to the Demolysts, which does remove some of the tension.  If I had to choose, I would say this version is definitely better and more preferable than the previous version, but this is the part where I see room for improvement if DE has the cycles for it.

Thanks for considering my feedback!

• Like 1

I think the reason why markers immediately reveal the demolysts in the new disruption simply comes down to how close they spawn to the dockets, this is likely due to necramechs being slower then other demolysts so to compensate, they make them spawn closer, i think a solution to that would simply be have them spawn further away like they do with other disruptions and make them faster then normal necramechs to put them more on the pace of other demolyst types.

On 2024-04-01 at 7:37 PM, UnstarPrime said:

I've only played it for about an hour so far, but in that time I really enjoyed myself.  I liked that I didn't have to adjust the volume to play the game mode, and that I could even play it successfully with the volume off so my spouse could watch a show in the same room.

My only criticism would be that the "seeking/triangulating" part of the game mode seems to have been removed since players immediately seem to get a waypoint to the Demolysts, which does remove some of the tension.  If I had to choose, I would say this version is definitely better and more preferable than the previous version, but this is the part where I see room for improvement if DE has the cycles for it.

Thanks for considering my feedback!

Disruption I’d say needs a serious revisit. Because that hide and seek was essentially a paper thin veil separating from just being a sponge popping up in the simulacrum that you had 30 seconds to kill each time.

The mode is efficient because it fixed the rotation problem and lets you grind a single reward pool without spinning through 2-3 wasted “pulls”. But everything about it is essentially window dressing on a terribly bare bones DPS check. If Interception or even Defense got the AABCCCCC- treatment the Disruption player count would probably tank.

At some risk of maybe seeing more then what was presented 

when it was initially described it sounded like you’d have all 4 keys gathered (pretty sure it hard locks to only spawn 2 colours at once). Then need to choose which ones to use for risk/reward (not dissimilar to the Deep Archimedia). But you can’t get all 4 keys without some cheese, have no idea what they do til they’re in.

And if I recall correctly tHe modifiers were originally said to keep stacking up (which is why there’s a mostly useless cancel item that barely anyone knows and no one actively looks for to use)

The fact that the mobs are essentially scenery that you fly past on your way to the Demo and you don’t actually defend the Conduit whatsoever (you must have been meant to at some point based on some of the modifiers only applying near it) is equally weird. Like we didn’t need endless raw mobile defence but I feel like every aspect of the mode just got dumped on the cutting room floor.

Edited by sXeth