Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

35.5.3 changes to Dante

this is exactly what im trying to say, they couldve atleast put a #*!%ing 180degree cone MINIMUM on it if it really needed to get nerfed that bad, not LOS. nerf every other nuke frame too to have los. i am extremely disappointed in this. dante was fun. now he is #*!%ing useless when u can just put an armor strip on mirage and nuke everything. i havent had fun in this game since duviri, now dante came out and i loved him. in-fact, the most fun frame ive played. now you need 2 LOS abilites to cast another, slightly better dark verse that is ALSO los. i am genuinely about to quit this #*!%fest of a game soon.

• Like 17

Thx for nerf - game will come back to normal state when theres more diversity then 3 random dante's in every team xD 

Also thx for saving my forma's - i'm not gonna waste it on this frame :) 

• Like 2

This change is ridiculous, as some have stated above if i wanted to play a nuke frame i would use sayrn, but no i want to use dante as he was, the overguard change is ok, i suppose though it wont stop people complaining about chroma not getting the trigger because of overguard, could have fixed that DE instead but oh well. 

• Like 13

"After much review and feedback consideration, we recognized that it’s not the damage Dante can deal that needed to be addressed, but rather his accumulation of Overguard." - DE proceeds to nerf multiple damage abilities on dante...

• Like 22

Honestly fine with everything except the line of sight change as now it seems like enemies act as obstacles occasionally and prevents tragedy from hitting anything behind them. Hope it's just a bug but if it's permanent I won't be playing him as much as I'd hoped to. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheMusicInTheVoid said:

Thanks to the guys who "oh, no, the new frame is OP, he does in six ability casts what at least two other existing frames do in one, outrageous".

(By the way, this was totally expected, it's never "small tweaks", it's always public execution.)

I had to sit and hear over and over from the fanboys how "did you even watch the short?  They said minor tweaks!"  It's never minor tweaks.  I knew they were going to pull this BS from the word go.  I'm about sick of this game.

(cue the dev defense force canned reponse)  "Then play something else!"

There.  I did it for you.  

2 hours ago, JellyTroupple said:

what am I supposed to get excited for? 

Nothing.  I've watched this happen so many times that I'm not sure I can stand this game anymore.  I love the flow and fast pace, but I cannot stand this nonsense.  

Edited by MrDugan
  • Like 18

Original non merged thread title: "Thanks for the massive nerf, now another frame to never play, can I get my platinum back?"

Thanks DE

Also thanks for merging the threads to make the overwhelmingly negative feedback look smaller :)

Edited by JimothyStevens
  • Like 28

The line of sight change maybe wouldn't be as bad if sometimes enemies didn't register as objects and prevent tragedy from hitting anything behind them. Hope this is just a bug and gets fixed.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Zabtak said:

Thx for nerf - game will come back to normal state when theres more diversity then 3 random dante's in every team xD 

Also thx for saving my forma's - i'm not gonna waste it on this crap frame :) 

There's always going to be 3 random (insert newest warframe here) within 1 week after release, cause they are new, doesn't matter if they are strong or not

• Like 10

Dante was good. He is an endgame frame and frames that come before him do what he does better. His kit combination was good and i was open to the idea of a nerf even though i didnt believe he needed one. But the tragedy nerf is just awful. He feels very different to play now and i regret forma ing him and building around him. I'll be going back to Saryn and Gauss - old OP frame not restricted by LOS. 

Edited by kyleoreo99
  • Like 21

Great, now Dante isn't a problem. Everyone can just move back to Saryn, Gara, etc... but there's no problems with those, they won't get touched. This new frame isn't allowed to have a niche worth playing in because it would be "disruptive" or "problematic", but all the other kings of nuking and Overguard remain comfortably locked in place.

I would be surprised to see these changes reverted, but wow were they misguided. 

• Like 26

It is a tragedy in how much money DE is going to lose. Was planning on supporting them from buying in the playstation store because they made a fun frame to play in steel path with that was very useful, and got many people to play with him. DE I hope you read you LOST atleast ten dante pack sales from your decision to nerf him. Considering I buy prime packs as well, I'm boycotting buying that along with friends and fam. 

You need a middle ground in the situation because Dante deserve to be an endgame frame that gets more people like me and others I know a chance at steel path and refreshing out of box take of letting people play on par with others. How about not listenng to a few minor vocals because their way of playing with certain mods was interrupted by those of us paying you to have fun with the game too?

Edited by tigerdrsk
  • Like 15

The Line of Sight nerf to Dante is completely and utterly tone deaf to the issues people had with the Warframe and to the way he was designed.

LOS wasn't an issue with Tragedy. Tragedy, outside of normal star chart which should NOT be balanced for due to the incredible low bar of difficulty presented, did virtually no damage. It popped the slash procs. Now, why is the LOS such an issue? It's simple - you had it right to begin with.

Dante's Slash already had LOS requirements. This was good, you had to see the enemy in order to do the slash. This way you could damage and prime the enemies for a Tragedy cast to pop the slash. Adding LOS to Tragedy is insane and absurd. The LOS restriction to actually make Tragedy a skill was already baked into his 3. If you didn't have LOS to cast his 3 onto enemies your Tragedy would be doing minimal damage. Adding LOS to Tragedy does absolutely nothing but make the ability feel inconsistent due to enemies moving out of the way due to doors, movement, elevation differences.

Why, WHY did you add LOS to Tragedy when you already accounted for this by having LOS requirement on his 3? You had it right the first time. All you've done is make Tragedy feel completely inconsistent if a slash-primed enemy moves out of view or dips in elevation to no longer be registered for Tragedy activation. It's not making the game more difficult, It's not nerfing damage. It's just adding inconsistency and variables that do nothing but frustrate the player.

You have made the worst decision possible to "fix" an issue nobody actually had with the frame to begin with (all the discussion was based on overguard interactions with Rage/Chroma)

This is horribly disappointing.

• Like 21

Line of sight now makes the ability way too restrictive, if other frames can have massive nuke abilities with 0 restrictions, why can’t Dante have that even already has restriction. You should not have listened to the people who complained and left him unchanged.

• Like 13

In my opinion Dante is one of the most interesting frame released in a long time. While some crybabies moaned about the overguard issue instead of fixing that you nerfed other stuff to the ground. LOS on tragedy !! Really man ??? You said "This felt like the most reasonable change to Tragedy since it could be cast back to back without much forethought on positioning." There are so many frame with this capability. They exist cause your LOS calculation capability is ass !! 

This nerf was really unwarranted. 

• Like 30

It's been a while since new warframes have been completely boring to play.

Finally a new warframe arrives where everyone is enjoying it that made my friends play the game again.

We started having fun again with Dante, finally someone to compete with Saryn and Octavia with a new style of play, we even spent platinum to be able to play with him.

After testing several builds we were able to see which one we liked the most, then comes a nerf that completely ends the fun we got coming back to the game while other warframes have been working for years with completely broken.

With this nerf all the time spent creating builds was thrown in the trash, with this me and my friends are uninstalling the game, for those who are still in the game a good game for you.

• Like 20

What is especially moronic is that Tragedy does nothing on its own. It NEEDS slash primed enemies to pop the slash. Dante's 3 already had Line of Sight requirements, so you already needed Line of Sight to prime the enemies for 4 anyways. They already baked LOS into his kit the first time.

This is possibly the most idiotic change I've seen in a decade of playing this game.

• Like 24

13 minutes ago, JellyTroupple said:

Great, now Dante isn't a problem. Everyone can just move back to Saryn, Gara, etc... but there's no problems with those, they won't get touched. This new frame isn't allowed to have a niche worth playing in because it would be "disruptive" or "problematic", but all the other kings of nuking and Overguard remain comfortably locked in place.

I would be surprised to see these changes reverted, but wow were they misguided. 

This tale is as old as time.
A lot of Nuke WFs were nerfed to the ground while Saryn was and still is the #1 Nuke Warframe, and she remains untouched or indirectly buffed.

I am so curious why.

Edited by KidNezha
  • Like 13

For the love of all Warframe players, revert the Dante Tragedy Nerf. It's an awful ability now with all the less than great instances where the enemy is dead middle in your sight, and your Tragedy still misses. I just tested the poor guy and he's not in a state that should be called playable.

Edit: typo

Edited by EronierPrime
Typo correction
  • Like 9

They got the wrong definition of the words: minor, slight and improvements. Its been just a few days and they determine on the spot that needed to be nerf..thats nonsense and irresponsible to the players time and investments.

• Like 8