Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante nerf resource and forma refund

exeras

5 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Sounds completely reasonable 

Which is exactly why we’re not getting this…

To put it into perspective… we asked for the same thing when they nerfed the topaz shards

You can guess how well that went 

Hey, sorry, I'm not sure i have the full picture, mind filling me in when you have some time? (DMs would be fine by me, so that we don't fill this thread with off-topic discussion)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

He was "just fine" the way he was! This entire debacle was unnecessary and nothing but a complete kneejerk reaction to data that they pulled out of their asses! 

Obviously he was overpowered, he definitely promoted an afk playstyle by being able to nuke entire rooms like Saryn
He could've also achieved complete immortality like Revenant, and we can't have that

Do I even have to type /s? I'll do it anyways

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents, i am a MR 27 with 2600 + hours on the game and have been playing Warframe for years and bought thousands if platinum including to buy Dante. I am boycotting Warframe completely until they remove the LOS to wat it was on release. It was a low and dirty nerf completely unnecessary. Many other frames are way more powerful but needs more setup than what a newer player is capable of. Completely unfair to everyone who bought Dante based on initial abilities. Hope to see a revert. 

6 hours ago, Rovaeden said:

But Saryn melts planets and its fine?

btw, Hi Mags :)

Like I said to Mouth; I'm not touching on other issues within the rest of the game and only commenting in respect to Dante.

Hey Rova!  :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MouthfulOJoules said:

Understandable and I hope i didn't come across as hostile towards you. I was simply voicing my frustration at the apparent lack of attempts to fix core issues, opting for simpler, quicker, dirtier bandaids that get revisited after only a long period... if they're lucky.
That being said I saw mention that other LOS troubles may be getting fixed as well, but again, the proof is in the pudding. Hope it turns out well, but expect a rocky road ahead.

I didn't get that impression from your comment, no worries.  

As to DE's track record, I've given up on DE being consistent or timely.  My long standing theory is they have a Darwinian approach to player feedback & rely on their stats more than anything else, so it takes longer than most feel it should and the results don't make sense to most players.  I guess it's one of the reasons I stick to Mag so much, she has such few changes over the last decade & is safe to invest in.

And yes, DE made a post on their Facebook page providing this link in regards to the upcoming changes 

On 2024-04-04 at 6:45 PM, EternaldrkMako said:

usually if something is to good to be true , afk , or disruptive nuking,  de will tweak. plenty of frames when they become to uber or too meta de will nock down a peg to keep inline with others or take a while to rework/tweak them up. ember took so long...anyway

personally, I did forma and shard him, with the new fix  my build didn't work well, so i tweaked and swapped some new mods in , took 10 min to test and nuke SP and stay invulnerable. he is still BS powerful just keep all his stacks active and go to town, did see a bug on 1 cast locking powers in a mission, not sure what cause that 

his style is active cast and just keeping the overguard up or top off when its getting low isnt hard, keeping energy up is very easy given tome mods, archon stretch or siphon or nexus , plenty of options to keep energy up , mainly i just upped range and damage, changed book to different elements and poof he works

even took him (cause he was listed) for deep arcana research 3x mission maxed everything out for difficulty, kept my squad alive untouched and damage amped and i still did 2nd most damage dealt with 3+3+4 cast spam nukes , squad was like gg ez. act as a support frame worked well, kinda felt like playing old trinity roll of guard and semi damage dealer 

i wouldn't mind a forma or resource refund for the week 1+ people or those who bought him 

though .. id also say we should have figured that was gonna be hit with the nerf bat given he kinda took over missions ... when people started gating no dante in recruitment chat because how annoying they were being  its understandable 

The thing is, at least for me, he didn't feel too good to be true, he just felt like a genuinely fun frame. I don't feel pre nerf Dante was anymore egregious of the 3 nerf pillars than say hydroid. 

I'm not saying he wasn't egregious, just he didn't feel that way for me. My biggest gripe about the whole thing is he wasn't out for even a week before they started on "adjustments" when he didn't even get to cook. But it is what it is, I'm done really caring about the game (will still play but I'm not getting hyped again) and I'm definitely never giving DE money again.

At the end of the day it's their game and they can manage it how they like, and I can choose whether I want to be a part of it or not.

3 hours ago, KhajiitDova said:

The thing is, at least for me, he didn't feel too good to be true, he just felt like a genuinely fun frame. I don't feel pre nerf Dante was anymore egregious of the 3 nerf pillars than say hydroid. 

I'm not saying he wasn't egregious, just he didn't feel that way for me. My biggest gripe about the whole thing is he wasn't out for even a week before they started on "adjustments" when he didn't even get to cook. But it is what it is, I'm done really caring about the game (will still play but I'm not getting hyped again) and I'm definitely never giving DE money again.

At the end of the day it's their game and they can manage it how they like, and I can choose whether I want to be a part of it or not.

You'd rather they wait more than a week and make adjustments after even more people got used to the frame?