Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shift the Focus of Warframe

2 minutes ago, DragonManipulator372 said:

As I said before, the people insisting on difficulty are a vocal minority, especially considering frame and weapon statistics. Warframe simply isn't for people looking for difficulty.

Then whatever you’re suggesting certainly doesn’t make the game sound more interesting or fun. The only reason it somewhat is, is because of whatever semblance of balance that’s still intact.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

3 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

Then whatever you’re suggesting certainly doesn’t make the game sound more interesting or fun. The only reason it somewhat is, is because of whatever semblance of balance that’s still intact.

Fun is subjective. I and many others have fun by destroying everything. This is, again, part of what makes Dynasty warriors so fun.

9 minutes ago, DragonManipulator372 said:

Fun is subjective. I and many others have fun by destroying everything. This is, again, part of what makes Dynasty warriors so fun.

Well, that's not what Warframe is. Sorry.

Just take a look at WF's quests and other content that doesn't revolve around horde killing or RNG loadouts. That's what you hate and that's what DE will continue making. This diversity is what others like as well and thank god it wasn't a complete failure like Dynasty Warriors Online in the West.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

2 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

Well, that's not what Warframe is. Sorry.

Just take a look at WF's quests and other content that doesn't revolve around horde killing or RNG loadouts. That's what you hate and that's what DE will continue making. This diversity is what others like as well and thank god it wasn't a complete failure like Dynasty Warriors Online.

Literally none of that content is hard.

Build a phantasma or Torid and spray.

It sounds like you have what you want already? What's the issue? Want more reskinned frames that perform exactly the same? Keep using the same gear and let others play how they'd like. Your suggestions take this freedom away.

2 minutes ago, DragonManipulator372 said:

Literally none of that content is hard.

Build a phantasma or Torid and spray.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

Just now, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

It sounds like you have what you want already? What's the issue? Want more reskinned frames that perform exactly the same?

Because using the same weapons are boring? Can you imagine if every new weapon release is an event people get excited for instead of wondering if it's even gonna keep up with the meta stuff? What if every weapon was as powerful? Seeing how the new weapon acts and sounds would be something to actually look forward to.

What is sounds like you look forward to, is being more obsessed with the meta and the gameplay style of Wukong and your third most played, Saryn. It's not bad, it's just that it isn't suitable for everyone. Wukong had a usage rate of 5% and Octavia, 3%. Both had the highest usage rates in a lowish to mid MR bracket. The metas also vary per region like with China vs NA. A lot of these usage rates can be scewed by recommendations to newer players and enforcements of metas in regions like China where you're harassed for not using a particular frame. It might even be due to cultural differences between these two regions that reflect collectivism vs individualism. I don't think your assumptions resonate with nearly as many people as you think. Maybe the vocal minority.

18 minutes ago, DragonManipulator372 said:

Because using the same weapons are boring? Can you imagine if every new weapon release is an event people get excited for instead of wondering if it's even gonna keep up with the meta stuff? What if every weapon was as powerful? Seeing how the new weapon acts and sounds would be something to actually look forward to.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

5 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

What is sounds like you look forward to, is being more obsessed with the meta and the gameplay style of Wukong and your third most played, Saryn. It's not bad, it's just that it isn't suitable for everyone. Wukong had a usage rate of 5% and Octavia, 3%. Both had the highest usage rates in a lowish to mid MR bracket. The metas also vary per region like with China vs NA. A lot of these usage rates can be scewed by recommendations to newer players and enforcements of metas in regions like China where you're harassed for not using a particular frame. It might even be due to cultural differences between these two regions that reflect collectivism vs individualism. I don't think your assumptions resonate with nearly as many people as you think. Maybe the vocal minority.

You don't seem to have actually understood or addressed the entirety of my post, just the parts that say buff everything without the additional changes. I don't think there's anything constructive that can come by continuing to debate with you, sorry.

4 minutes ago, DragonManipulator372 said:

You don't seem to have actually understood or addressed the entirety of my post, just the parts that say buff everything without the additional changes. I don't think there's anything constructive that can come by continuing to debate with you, sorry.

There wasn't really anything to understand. You said you would outline your proposed changes but that didn't happen. Instead, you went on a rant about how DE is fighting the "flow" and something something about fulfilling your power fantasy with no restrictions. Your entire post didn't have anything constructive in it. Give it a read yourself.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

3 hours ago, DragonManipulator372 said:

In the early days of Warframe, as I've come to understand, the game was far different. The focus was on stealth, because back then, you weren't very strong or durable, so the key was taking enemies out as quickly and stealthily as possible, before they could kill you. I must admit, I would have liked to play the game back when that was the original concept. But the truth is, it isn't, anymore.

What do you consider the early days?

My suggestion: open the floodgates. The state that Warframe is in now, it has become the ultimate power fantasy. We are void blessed kids, given incredible powers to control creatures of pure power themselves, with a whole host of abilities that many would kill to possess. And despite the bumpy road it took us to get here, we're here now. I would like to propose that we ditch balance altogether. As this is somewhat of a controversial opinion, I'm going to outline the changes it would take to make this happen. For starters, support frames such as Harrow, should be reworked to be more offensive. The focus of the game should shift from supporting each other in a squad, to becoming a team of special forces exterminators. As it stands, many frames, despite repeated nerfs, remain overpowered and dominating. And I, among many others, have come to ask myself why that is. My theory is that DE is actively resisting the current that the river of the playerbase is producing. But I'd like to point out, that this isn't an accusation toward DE of any kind. It's understandable that they'd like to try and keep some difficulty, if this were a different game. But again, it's not. This is Warframe.

What you are misunderstanding about DE's way of handling balancing and so-called "Nerfs", is that this is at the end of the day a GAME. And because it's a game it should be enjoyable by the masses and not catered to the meta tards that plague the community. It's about giving the players the tools to be creative, and for them to be able to make cool builds that can either take the original premise for the warframe further or make the warframe into whatever the players want them to be through this wonderful thing called pLaYsTyLe...

Picture, for a moment, that every weapon is viable. Every frame is "overpowered", every weapon is "broken." These terms aren't ones I'm fond of, but we'll use them for now. Imagine that the focus of Warframe shifts from tactics and coordination, to pure, unadulterated destruction. That every frame, every weapon, every companion, is there to cause as much chaos and mayhem as possible. That we can go into a mission and utterly destroy the enemy, using these godlike frames we've been given.

Honey... THEY ARE, everything in this game is overpowered, as the Warfarme by definition is a Power Fantasy set in a Sci-Fy Supernatural world... as an example of this has already been given to you by @MBaldelli where he talks about a weapon called Kestrel. It is meant as a lower-tier weapon that is not meant to be possible for use on SP or higher-level content like MOT, but here we are making it blatantly do more damage than a hate-filled Nikana Prime.

I'm not saying that, in PVP play, there shouldn't be any balancing. But we're not fighting against other players 99% of the time. We're fighting AI. And AI isn't going to come to the forums and complain that we're too powerful (at least, not yet.) The Grineer, the Corpus, all the enemy factions — they don't care. Warframe is about PVE. It's a power fantasy, like I said before. I can't tell you how many times I've come home, tired from work, and was able to just sit and relax with a Tonkor or a Torid, wrecking shop on everything around me. It's an incredible stress reliever. Which is why I'm proposing that DE stop fighting the current and flow with it. Lean into the true power of the Tenno and the warframes, and open the floodgates, letting them run wild on the origin system. Make every weapon viable or overpowered, make every frame an efficient killing machine. Rework support frames so that they, too, can join in the fun. People often complain about Warframe's balancing, but to this day, I still don't understand why. Warframe isn't hard anymore. It's been eleven years. I propose that the ones complaining that things should be nerfed are a vocal minority, and the majority are players like me, who want to feel overpowered and feel like they're unstoppable. The world around us is hard enough; shouldn't we be given a reprieve? Games are meant to be fun. They're a way for us to kick back and relax when all the work is complete. For other games, balance is fine, I'm not decrying those systems. But the way warframe is now, it should be praised as a game where you truly are the most dangerous thing in the origin system. That you have complete control of your environment, and the battle bends in your favor. Not the favor of faceless mooks.

Again... it's a game, and should be treated like a game, not your little battery-powered girlfriend/boyfriend. everything needs drawbacks for the player to find ways around for anything to be fun. Else you're not going to make sure you have tried a majority of what the game has to offer, and you're certainly not going to try to use different setups for different missions, because in what you are describing you could brute force everything with the saying of "beat it until it DIES". For the love of the bloody void, if you are not a game designer or a professional game critiquer with lots of hours in the game, with a core understanding of its mechanics and how parts of the game interact, then stop making baseless suggestions that fall on deafer ears than the man in the walls.

Make no mistake: this is a controversial take. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and I respect that our views differ. But the fact is, Warframe is about having fun and stomping baddies. Balancing serves as a roadblock. I'll simply leave you with this quote from the best Cephalon out there:

Balancing serves not as a roadblock, the biggest roadblock is baseless suggestions and improper thinking that creates these suggestions that you and a majority of the community are coming up with. Now go and give me and the rest of the community a proper example of why this suggestion of yours is so good, using something from the game, instead of your own morning wood thoughts as the entire bloody argument.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Honey...

Starting off poorly.

21 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Now go and give me and the rest of the community a proper example of why this suggestion of yours is so good, using something from the game, instead of your own morning wood thoughts as the entire bloody argument.

The more vitriolic these responses become, the less I feel inclined to respond. There seems to be a general misunderstanding that I'm a "meta tard"? (Thanks for using a slur on an autistic person, by the way.) The fact is that I want to abolish the meta by having every weapon and frame on the same playing field. Rather than having Wukong or Saryn or Octavia dominate everything. Every frame could be as powerful as those three, but for some reason players insist that every frame has to be kneecapped, even when it doesn't work (Saryn has been nerfed more times than I can count and she still is incredibly OP.)

Edited by DragonManipulator372
punctuation error

3 minutes ago, DragonManipulator372 said:

The more vitriolic these responses become, the less I feel inclined to respond. There seems to be a general misunderstanding that I'm a "meta tard"? (Thanks for using a slur on an autistic person, by the way.) The fact is that I want to abolish the meta by having every weapon and frame on the same playing field. Rather than having Wukong or Saryn or Octavia dominate everything. Every frame could be as powerful as those three, but for some reason players insist that every frame has to be kneecapped, even when it doesn't work (Saryn has been nerfed more times than I can count and she still is incredibly OP.)

First off, since when did I call you anything... I called out a part of the community that I can't stand.

Secondly, making sure everything is on the same playing field, is the same as what the metacommunity wants in the first place so that they can eat Cheetos with both hands and use their third one to steer a slideshow of a game that they could have gotten the same level of entertainment from as if they where to play a mobile MMO RPG. To quote you; Don't be mistaken... don't be mistaken, I would love to have the game be a bit less all over the place too, but I also don't want the game to feel like a booklet for children with lots of pretty pictures, like how your suggestion comes off as when being read.

We're already seeing large amounts of homogenization in the way most players mod their everyday equipment or what they use. I don't believe "opening the flood gates" would make the game more interesting, just more brain-dead. In many cases, these gates are already open, such as Helminth. We already have so many power ceiling increases that render most mobs as mere obstacles in a mission.

I would appreciate more if DE did some grand dev workshop where they start addressing problematic Warframes, Weapons, and mods in a large audit, like Warframe Revised, but more-so in balancing than buffing. 

Edited by Voltage

On 2024-04-05 at 5:22 PM, WindShadow970 said:

True, but with zero challenge the game quickly becomes stale.

Every boss I've ever faced in gaming is a gimmick, the difference arises in how many ways a player can approach said gimmick. Warframe has never gotten that part right, once you master the one way to do a fight you're done; even if you nerf yourself in whatever way you'll still using the same approach.

yes, warframe bosses are so unnapealing and unnecessary it's quite weird they keep trying to make them. i'd rather they keep making new tiles for all the tilesets forever, so that each mission is actually quite different. it won't happen but it sounds kinda nice in my head. the tiles don't even have to be super unique, just keep making new geometry. at some point a brick wall will be hit, but that's beyond 50 tiles. if they keep adding 2 tiles per update for at least 4 tilesets if would add up quick i think.