Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Tragedy Compromise

Hey, here to talk about the Dante changes.

So I’m just gonna start with my opinions:
1. The new LoS is significantly better than the old LoS
2. The new LoS is still buggy (specifically including the Warframe itself as an obstacle)
3. Overguard will be in a good spot as of this hotfix:

Now some short complaints:
1. Dark verse LoS is significantly weirder now
2. Tragedy is quite a bit worse in team play (compared to no LoS)

Obviously the best fix would to be just remove LoS but it’s looking like that isn’t gonna happen so here’s some alternative possible changes I’d suggest:
1. Allow dark verse to go through walls but keep the 50 degree requirement and have a damage fall off when it goes through walls (maybe 10-20% per obstacle or something)
2. Make it so Tragedy does full damage when enemies are in LoS and have a reduction when they are within the range but not in LoS (maybe a 40-50% damage reduction if they’re within the radius but not within line of sight)

These changes don’t seem disruptive in my opinion and I think they’re all reasonable, feel free to recommend changes or disagree in the replies :)

Edited by bebop871

• bebop871 changed the title to Tragedy Compromise

No compromise; with all the hate they still aren't backing down from LoS. They are going double down, making more work for themselves, the engine, and people's computers. If we offer compromise we'll get nothing.

• Like 6

I understand your point, but if they are really keeping an eye on people's feedback they will see that the changes just didn't meet people's requests and so they will roll back the LoS.

They're going to have to change a lot of things to do what you said, and for what? So many warframes have nuke abilities without LoS restrictions, why exactly does Dante need one? Maybe they misunderstood the feedback and thus didn't understand why Dante can be disruptive to others (for builds that needed health, which the overguard sucks). If they understand this the problem will be solved

7 hours ago, Dullaran said:

I understand your point, but if they are really keeping an eye on people's feedback they will see that the changes just didn't meet people's requests and so they will roll back the LoS.

They're going to have to change a lot of things to do what you said, and for what? So many warframes have nuke abilities without LoS restrictions, why exactly does Dante need one? Maybe they misunderstood the feedback and thus didn't understand why Dante can be disruptive to others (for builds that needed health, which the overguard sucks). If they understand this the problem will be solved

Yeah I get your point, with other frames in the game not requiring LoS Dante definitely shouldn’t (especially for an ability that’s literally a detonator) but things aren’t looking super hot, they literally “fixed” LoS instead of removing Tragedy’s LoS requirement..

Also I really want to see dark verse restored to it’s former less buggy glory and see Nezha augment become more reasonable

8 hours ago, NemiTheNem said:

No compromise; with all the hate they still aren't backing down from LoS. They are going double down, making more work for themselves, the engine, and people's computers. If we offer compromise we'll get nothing.

Honestly I do not know why they would choose to add in work, increase their workload, directly in opposition of what players want....just so they can keep LoS. This seems like a very firm line in the sand, they're willing to make themselves have to work more, while ignoring the people wanting LoS removed, at seemingly any cost. I need to know why DE insists on keeping a mechanic many consider to be unfun and clunky to play with, it just boggles the mind.

hace 17 horas, bebop871 dijo:

3. Overguard will be in a good spot as of this hotfix:

U mean the 40% nerfed OG? No, it will not be in any "good" spot.

0% compromises for an uncalled, unnecessary and overly early nerf. Full revert.

hace 9 horas, NemiTheNem dijo:

This guy understands!

hace 29 minutos, Tuna4242 dijo:

Honestly I do not know why they would choose to add in work, increase their workload, directly in opposition of what players want....just so they can keep LoS. This seems like a very firm line in the sand, they're willing to make themselves have to work more, while ignoring the people wanting LoS removed, at seemingly any cost. I need to know why DE insists on keeping a mechanic many consider to be unfun and clunky to play with, it just boggles the mind.

Pure hubris.

On the brigth side, they are patching something that they should have done ages ago.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

On the brigth side, they are patching something that they should have done ages ago.

They aren't though? They say the extra checks are to Dante's ability, not to hard LoS in general.

Like how they fixes kubrow fur, but not kavat fur

hace 3 minutos, NemiTheNem dijo:

They aren't though? They say the extra checks are to Dante's ability, not to hard LoS in general.

For now, they also said that they will implement the changes into all LoS abilities... they are trying to save face, remember ;)

2 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

U mean the 40% nerfed OG? No, it will not be in any "good" spot.

Yes it’s 60% of what it used to be but it now works significantly better in team play and they doubled the regen number (which is what actually keeps you alive in high level play)

The nerf was early and uncalled for, a full revert would be nice but I’d prefer a compromise over no further changes

22 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:

Why?

21 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:

• Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.
  • Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

read the quote above..