Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ultimate Lavos Build (it's sensational)

The search for a perfect Balance: A year or two after I started playing this game, I started to seek for a Warframe with a perfect Balance between Weapon's platform and casters, and these types weren't so common back then.

you either had someone like Chroma, or Nidus...and the in-between were very limited.

• Saryn: The first Warframe I tried was Saryn, she had her spores and miasma, but at the same time can use Venom dose, Nourish and Toxic Lash to get any enemy, However she was Boring, just 1 2 3 and you get the buffs.
  • Volt: Volt was also a good candidate, had shock trooper, his shield for weapon damage plus discharge for ability damage, but Volt suffered from being one dimensional, not much creativity involved.
  • Gauss: Gauss was almost perfect, his speed buffs made any weapon have good DPS, but a weapon that deals 100 damage is still going to deal 100 damage regardless, even if it's faster, sure it's a surface level way to look at DPS, but it's true, in addition, his augment thermal transfer is terrible because it messes up your elemental combination and can give you Blast damage...

Enter Lavos: On Release, Lavos was a perfect caster frame, can counter any enemy with their elemental vulnerabilities, pretty fun too, no ability was the same...but he lacked the appropriate weapon damage to make him the perfect Balance, the most Lavos could do to buff his weapons was status priming, which is not a hard task to do without.

Enter Valence Formation: This augment man, wow...everything I've ever hoped for and a lot more...I love this mod so freaking much.
it's not OP, you can only have one element at a time and the damage isn't affected by strength, you also have to focus on weapon damage so you don't cast abilities with a different element and loose your required elemental buff.

but the reason this augment is so good it's because it opens SO MANY POSSIBILITIES, and creative planning, for example:

• Mod your weapon for toxin and imbue electric to get corrosive damage and procs and electric procs.
  • allows you to manipulate and spread any element of your choosing with Melee influence 
  • a perfect synergy between weapon and abilities, ie you can prime enemies with a viral vial rush, and then switch to corrosive to take them out.

Lavos now has PERFECT balance, something I wanted for years, and it's so creative!! which is why I made this perfect, PERFECT Lavos build:

The builds:

• Don't worry Unstarprime it's actual screenshot this time

First thing first, the shards: 

Spoiler

nfM1bbO.jpeg

4 Crimson Tau shards for duration, and one yellow for casting speed, I'll explain why I put them, but you can sorta see already.

Lavos build: 

Spoiler

8ZErhxE.jpeg

You don't understand how good Efficiency is on Lavos, trust me...it helps me have a very active playstyle and fast elemental switching by cutting down ability cooldowns using his 1 and 3.

you can do different things with this build, like replace Umbral intensify with Archon intensify and get better strength, or be happy with just transient fortitude and put other mods...you can't really change anything else.

Cedo Build: 

Spoiler

33VyqIU.jpeg

Cedo always has been the perfect weapon for Lavos...and it always will be...this time, I removed all elements on this weapon, the good thing about Cedo is that it can proc Blast, toxin, heat, electric and cold for free with secondary fire...so it's a good primer even without any elements, now with Valence formation, you can freely choose the element you like and put it on Cedo, and counter any enemy faction.

Vigilante Mods can be replaced with Faction mods, now you can put two of them!!

Lavos still has survivability issues, no shield regen, can't benefit from brief respite, limited self healing options, and the build doesn't give him much room to put something like Adaptation.
which is why I use Varazin school, and rely only on it to survive, you can say Madurai or Unairu are more useful but I don't need more damage, do i ;)

Edited by Prof-Dante
  • Like 3

Woah, that’s a pretty fun and unique build

Going to have to nerf that now, do not resist 

Jokes aside 

12 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Lavos still has survivability issues, no shield regen, can't benefit from brief respite, limited self healing options, and the build doesn't give him much room to put something like Adaptation.
which is why I use Varazin school, and rely only on it to survive, you can say Madurai or Unairu are more useful but I don't need more damage, do i ;)

Yea I struggled with that too

Just did two casting speed shards and 3 health regen shards, that paired with high strength for swift bite (in place of your efficiency) and it’s golden. 
Ever try the plague build for Lavos? Full duration and watch the world burn (quite literally)

Valence Fusion really takes Lavos to another level. He just needs some better skins and he'll be perfect.

He's turned into my go to Netracell frame due to the fact I can't cope with Energy Exhaustion lol. I went with 2 Green Shards because you can just throw Armor Strip on his abilities and now weapons whenever you want. Also Archon Continuity for that lil bit of extra Corrosive on Orphidian Bite. Love melting my enemies with science.

1 minute ago, TeaHands said:

He just needs some better skins and he'll be perfect.

for real, I've seen some fan concepts already from really talented people, and you can't help but get anxious for his potential Deluxe because you know DE can't get to that level.

• Like 1

Just want to add.

Influential Dual Ichor modded for viral+electric while mixing Gas through the augment is also ape crazy on him. Area denial and killing floors of self sustaining doom everywhere. Kinda reminds me of making death corridor setups in Fortnite Save The World or 7DtD. It also reminds me of the first verse of Angel of Death by Slayer.

It would also make for a great movie title. 

Everyone hits everyone with everything killing everyone all at once.

Grandfather Nurgle bless us and keep us filthy and unclean!

• Like 1

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has reached peak alchemy with Lavos, although my build is far hp-tankier and slower in cast times than yours, as it's oriented towards ability nuking, Valance Formation is just the cherry on top since the Ophidian bite augment is not for me. Still don't understand how come content creators put him so low on tierlist "cuz he needs much setup" when all I need to do is cast Vial Rush + Catalyse to boom my surroundings.

Though I'd say the augment is a liiiittle broken, mainly due to the fact that it applies twice on melee weapons, very weirdly sometimes*, leading to what you mentioned with Corrosive & electricity + melee influence, which I had discovered with my Exec Tenet.
Add in two archon shards for extra corrosive stacks as I did, and boom, the bane of all factions in a single frame.
He's amazing. We really need a deluxe skin on this guy 🤨

*For example with the Sibear you may proc both cold and heat, sometimes just blast, and sometimes blast and heat, it's extremely weird.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Though I'd say the augment is a liiiittle broken

It's really not, it's just simple...you add heat damage to your weapons, and you get 100% heat proc chance...but because your weapons have status chance on them they proc the elements it has equipped which is added heat plus the element type on your weapon.

I wonder if Gotva Prime would be better than Cedo...I don't see the "it melts everything" that people talk about

Edited by Prof-Dante

6 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

I wonder if Gotva Prime would be better than Cedo...I don't see the "it melts everything" that people talk about

Gotva? You can try it. Put load of crit on status chance, so decent status+good crit and multishot would be a great combo with the augment 

It’s a fixed chance of giving you orange crits (at base) whenever the shot (bullet) procs a status 

Edited by Aruquae

22 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Gotva? You can try it. Put load of crit on status chance, so decent status+good crit and multishot would be a great combo with the augment 

It’s a fixed chance of giving you orange crits (at base) whenever the shot (bullet) procs a status 

You can put toxin on it then imbue cold to get the usual viral/hunter munitions set up but also get cold procs for that extra crit damage.

Ain't that cool

On 2024-04-08 at 6:47 AM, Prof-Dante said:

The builds:

• Don't worry Unstarprime it's actual screenshot this time

Haha, this is one case where I didn't even need convincing!  I'm really eager to get my hands on this augment to try it out, but I'm in the top row Syndicates so we'll see when my spouse decides to play again...

HXBkrcE.png

>_>

allows you to manipulate and spread any element of your choosing with Melee influence 

I hadn't thought of that, that sounds great!  I already use Melee Influence on most of my melee so...

10 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

>_>

Lol that's an average forma count for me, I'm not even joking

I test a lot of builds my most used frames have 20+ , one even has 43

Builds for me in this game are like a jigsaw puzzle that has no model form, so you can co figure it in any way you like...so naturally you're going to use a LOT of a jigsaw pieces lol