Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Wonder How People Would React To This Happening To Nova...

KittyDarkling

I've already said an unbiased piece about Nova in my other post about her..

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/138801-novas-not-op-shes-abused/page-2#entry1657346

But I really wonder what people would think about this. What would happen if we removed the exploding portion of her M-Prime all together? and No this wouldn't cripple her >:c

To be clear, it does a base of 1.6k damage right? So if one were to hit M-Prime and then use a AMD, they would only need to put 200 damage into AMD at LEAST to proc the same effect right? (Yes you'll need overextend+stretch to achieve entire map clears) and I'm sure all guns can easily pump twice that into it, if not more.

And please don't tell me that "What if "oh S#&$" scenario!! she's squishy!!" yes... you have an INSTANT teleport... use it. Plus AMD doesn't take -that- much longer to use/fill. I run Nova with Lanka and I can just pump 1 shot into it and that's easily beyond 1k damage in 1 second.

Math time

AMD alone = beyond 4k with a single shot

AMD + M-PRIME (without secondary explosions) = beyond 8k with a single cast + single shot.

and you can shoot it more then once! you can shoot it as many times as you like within the realm of practicality!  and this is how she is NOW  so... really do we need the secondary explosions? O-o I love her, She's my 2nd favorite frame. but I really wouldn't miss the secondary explosions all that much.

and I know it wouldn't be "the same" or "as powerful" but I really don't feel it needs to be if all it really accomplishes is people quiting just by seeing a Nova and proclaiming us all a bunch of skilless rushers. :/

Try to have an open mind..

MP explosions are limited by being triggered; while any other frame can spam their damage ability over and over doing damage every time, MP cannot do anything like that.  If 1600-3200 damage means a lot to you, then you're focusing on content that is designed for people with less than 40 hours invested into the game. Nova cannot press 4 twice to clear a room of things with 3600 health, while a Rhino or Banshee can.  Things with 3600 health will never cause each other to explode, and MP will never "proc" any sort of noticable damage-dealing component. MP is also mitigated 25% by shields, which half the factions in the game possess.  Both Molecular Prime and Antimatter Drop worthless without strong triggers because they are completely dependent on the damage your gun or teammate puts into them.

<sigh at more Nova threads>

MP explosions are limited by being triggered; while any other frame can spam their damage ability over and over doing damage every time, MP cannot do anything like that.  If 1600-3200 damage means a lot to you, then you're focusing on content that is designed for people with less than 40 hours invested into the game. Nova cannot press 4 twice to clear a room of things with 3600 health, while a Rhino or Banshee can.  Things with 3600 health will never cause each other to explode, and MP will never "proc" any sort of noticable damage-dealing component. MP is also mitigated 25% by shields, which half the factions in the game possess.  Both Molecular Prime and Antimatter Drop worthless without strong triggers because they are completely dependent on the damage your gun or teammate puts into them.

Actually, a Rhino with Blind Rage and Focus fitted, doesn't need to spam "4".

As Hulk would say....

"Puny Nova"

Why did you make another thread about exactly the same thing even though the previous one hasn't even been buried yet?

I've already stated my opinions there.

Actually my other post had nothing to do with changing Nova, people just kinda rode it off coarse, It was about mastery locking her.

So, an antimatter-themed ability that has NO antimatter-like behavior? Yeah, no. Try thinking a bit harder about the frame as a whole and theme, and less about noobish butthurt.

I'm not talking about making a new ability. I stated how AMD is already more then effective for killing things and how M-Prime really doesn't need to do more then it's a slow/damage received debuff. Please try reading a topic before posting an incompatant response.

But  you see that'[s part of my point, If the secondary explosions are only serving for low level rushes then why even have them? AMD easily covers her need to kill, and kill quickly.. It just feels like something that doesn't benefit her for anything other then rushing

Edited by KittyDarkling

If properly balanced, this could work, i.m.h.o. Overall, I think more Warframes need to be finetuned to make the gameplay more diverse, and this fits that idea perfectly. Right now, Nova is a "Click-to-Clear-Room" frame, which makes it pretty boring to play and potentially frustrating for other players.

Edited by Bones76

Personally I would suggest removing the damage debuff it applies to enemies, and put a short delay before each explosion(Purely for the cool factor of watching the explosions go off sequentially instead of all at once.). 
Its best utility at all levels is the slow. Nova's frame design is rather intended to be a nuker. 
Now the explosions are dealing a regular amount of damage to all enemies, instead of double to some, and its utility is still there no matter what level of play you are using it at without doing everything you want in utility.  

I do not use Nova so I can't really speak with you guys, but I do know indeed that when you see a Nova in ur team you can forget max kills :p

That is absolutely not true. Why don't you try actually asking the Nova to only use M-Prime when it is needed, as opposed to just whenever they want? Good Nova players don't use M-Prime all the bloody time, and most people are open to an idea if you actually talk to them in the chat. Just a suggestion next time you 'see a Nova'.