Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aklex?

Empiren

I understand that lex was a great pistol and I personally loved it.

But making it dual and subtracting accuracy.......doesn't seem like a good idea, especially because that happened with the vasto's too.

Problem being is that the lex was a great pistol, but mainly for the accuracy at long ranges. Making it dual would basically be equivalent of it being just a higher per-bullet-hit lato.

It just seems entirely counter-intuitive to me. It's built to be the 'sniper' of pistols. So lets dualwield it? It's just illogical and in poor taste to me. And this is coming from a big fan of the Lex. I would have rather seen another 'upgraded' form, rather than dual. Dual just doesn't make any sense. I mean, i'll craft it, and level it for mastery, but it was an awful implementation choice. 

There's a problem with the Aklex. It has a direct critical and status chance upgrade over the regular Lex, whereas every other akimbo pistol so far has had nothing but a boost to fire rate and magazine size, while sacrificing reload speed and accuracy. However, in the case of the Aklex, there's literally no reason to use the Lex anymore, from a damage standpoint, since the Aklex will pretty much always be stronger with similar circumstances. It's power creep that needs to be dealt with.

you tied it out like what? 5 minutes?

the weapon came out today.

would you please just test it AT LEAST one day before judging it?

Pfft what is this joke? Anyone who's played warframe knows whats going on as soon as this stuff comes up.

Anyway, the problem with the aklex is more or less: its just the dual vasto's....with lex. Same issue, if not almost the exact same gun.

That and it doesn't come with a polarity, more forma bs.

Edited by Empiren

There's a problem with the Aklex. It has a direct critical and status chance upgrade over the regular Lex, whereas every other akimbo pistol so far has had nothing but a boost to fire rate and magazine size, while sacrificing reload speed and accuracy. However, in the case of the Aklex, there's literally no reason to use the Lex anymore, from a damage standpoint, since the Aklex will pretty much always be stronger with similar circumstances. It's power creep that needs to be dealt with.

The loss in accuracy is kind of big if you are using it as a sniper pistol.

Haven't tried it, planning on making on though.

Edited by Rankless

Why is that? To make sure people buy this blindly?

While I understand your point, writing off a weapon after using it for 5 minutes isn't really helping either. I don't know how much credit you could really take someone for when they only used a brand new weapon for 5 minutes.  You don't know how it is after forma'd a couple times. These new weapons may come to shine after having some forma's put into them. All I'm saying is give the weapons a proper chance and really level them and use them when they have been properly modified. That way, you know what know what the weapons are all about. If these weapons end up sucking, then that's that. Until then though, I would just hold off on the feedback. 

While I understand your point, writing off a weapon after using it for 5 minutes isn't really helping either. I don't know how much credit you could really take someone for when they only used a brand new weapon for 5 minutes. You don't know how it is after forma'd a couple times. These new weapons may come to shine after having some forma's put into them. All I'm saying is give the weapons a proper chance and really level them and use them when they have been properly modified. That way, you know what know what the weapons are all about. If these weapons end up sucking, then that's that. Until then though, I would just hold off on the feedback.

I don't know how it is until I've forma'd it a couple of times?

Really.....just.....really?

Its not even that hard to see, since it isn't an "entirely new weapon" just the akimbo version of the Lex....which has been around forever.

----------

Its called statistics, you can find out how viable it is and what the builds will be just from the starting stats. Its not as if the gun transforms into some kind of "second form" once you forma it, it simply provides more effective mod points. If you've been around for any length of time you know the builds and what this gun represents.

As is stands: Its a faster firing lex with accuracy and reload problems and a higher crit chance.

Please, don't give me this "you don't know until you've slept with it" bs.

Edited by Empiren

It just seems entirely counter-intuitive to me. It's built to be the 'sniper' of pistols. So lets dualwield it? It's just illogical and in poor taste to me. And this is coming from a big fan of the Lex. I would have rather seen another 'upgraded' form, rather than dual. Dual just doesn't make any sense. I mean, i'll craft it, and level it for mastery, but it was an awful implementation choice. 

It was known as the "sniper" of pistols because the slow rate of fire and small clip.

AKLex improves both of those at a theoretical cost of accuracy.

If the accuracy reduction on AKLex is bad, then anyone treating it like a sniper might be disappointed. Stlll though, Lex is incredibly accurate so I'm curious about the AKLex. Guess Ill find out later.

I don't know how it is until I've forma'd it a couple of times?

Really.....just.....really?

Its not even that hard to see, since it isn't an "entirely new weapon" just the akimbo version of the Lex....which has been around forever.

----------

Its called statistics, you can find out how viable it is and what the builds will be just from the starting stats. Its not as if the gun transforms into some kind of "second form" once you forma it, it simply provides more effective mod points. If you've been around for any length of time you know the builds and what this gun represents.

As is stands: Its a faster firing lex with accuracy and reload problems and a higher crit chance.

Please, don't give me this "you don't know until you've slept with it" bs.

I'm not going to argue with you as you seem pretty easy to upset, so I'm going to keep it short. You can post what you want, but I wouldn't take your opinion on it for much credibility after seeing how long you used it. If you feel like you know the ins and out of the weapons after using it for 5 minutes, more power to you. but I'm not convinced, sorry. : / I'm going to try it out for myself and also wait for people who are actually going to feel the weapon out through using it. 

I'm not going to argue with you as you seem pretty easy to upset, so I'm going to keep it short. You can post what you want, but I wouldn't take your opinion on it for much credibility after seeing how long you used it. If you feel like you know the ins and out of the weapons after using it for 5 minutes, more power to you. but I'm not convinced, sorry. : / I'm going to try it out for myself and also wait for people who are actually going to feel the weapon out through using it. 

I have the weapon, tried it out, again there isn't much else to it except that.

If you want to delude yourself and assume you need to spend 2-3 forma and hours upon hours to do that, that's your choice.