Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

I feel like Void Cascade just isn't a good fit for fissures.

Breyos

Briefly, the main issue I feel is that Void Cascade requires the party to split up to ensure a successful mission, but a fissure requires the party to stay together to ensure that the reactant drops aren't spread too far across the map. I don't feel like a simple buff to the rate at which the reactant drops would be enough either, since if you're alone making sure that two or 3 exolizers stay under control then you may not get many (or in my experience any) enemy spawns at all.

I also feel like Void Cascade is in a bad spot right now where you have a lot of people who don't seem to know how the mission type works, either because they are new, or because it's been a while since they last did it. I feel like it's such a toss-up as to whether you can get to round 3 just due to what teammates you are paired with.

Edit: accidentally posted this in the wrong section. I thought I was posting in feedback.

Edited by Breyos
Posted in wrong section

Void cascade and armageddon are just trash game modes in general.

I don't know how DE thought "hey you know what would be fun? Mobile defense but all 3 points can be damaged at all times and there's a boss you have to completely abandon defending the objectives to fight or it insta-fails the mission!" and "Ohh everyone loves interception, I bet they'll think a new interception where the capture points are as far away from eachother as the entire length of most other missions' maps is a blast!"

God tier game design right there.

Well in Cascade the points are all close by each other until it starts spawning the points for the next round. You're intended to have one or two people move ahead while the rest stay and close the remaining exolizers. Seems solid to me. It just kind of stands out in a game where that kind of strategy isn't really rewarded anywhere else.

Cascade is fine as a gem mode,. But not as a fissure with just the usual fissure mechanics. If you want to use Void Cascade (and flood) for relic cracking, you need to change the way relic cracking works to accommodate the game mode. Excavation has bee a problem in fissures for literally years, and Void Cascade has all the same issues, but with an even higher need to be constantly moving around over large areas, and a failure condition, so slowing down intentionally is not an option (not that this should be how Excavation fissures work either; they ALSO need to have the way relic cracking works changed to fit the way the mode works, but at least you have the ability to force it there by dragging out rounds without just ending the mission).

That's basically what it comes down to. If you want to make more mission types be fissures, you need to make more different kinds of fissures. You can't just slap the same "collect 10 in a certain spot" mechanics onto game modes that it does not work in. No amount of changing reactant drop rates will ever fix the fundamental issue (unless you make the rate so high that it just becomes "kill 1 enemy in a round, crack", in which case why bother with reactant).

Just as a gauge for how badly this fails, some of my runs: 16 rounds 3 cracks, 5 rounds 1 crack, 8 rounds 1 crack, 13 rounds 4 cracks, 4 rounds 2 cracks, 8 rounds 4 cracks, 10 rounds 2 cracks, 10 rounds 8 cracks. Anything more that a 1 round variance between cracking and rounds and/or SEVERE variance in ability to crack indicates a problem.

Edited by Void2258

• 2 weeks later...

Never had an issue with Void Cascade Omnia (and even at levelcap). Sometimes we misses one relic opening because we didn't slowed down enough for the next room exos, as attackers. 
There's a way to have a consistant relic opening either slow down and stay with defenders until 10 reactants, or get a tile with 4-4-4 exos room tileset.
It requires the host to look for it prior to invite others but it works like a charm, one relic per room.

Have fun!

Edit : As Breyos said, that's more a strategy issue than a gameplay design, to me at least. It's like excavation fissure where people doesn't slow down. 
Still, must admit that "Team reactants" number would fits this game mode better than individual 10 reactants.

Edited by Rawso.