Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist: Change The Range!

Empiren

I for one has the problem of range with all guns that have range, ignis, flux, etc.

In case of ignis, embolist, ogris, torid, I would make firestorm more effective. I have it on my ignis, but it doesn't feel... like anything. I mean I can't really tell if it's on or not. I know it's a meager 24% but I expected at least some kind of result.

In case of flux, spectra, and future beam weapons, I would give them either full range or a way to raise it. Why full range? The range limit was obviously put into place so their absolute accuracy is balanced out - but since soma and most snipers are already there with close to pinpoint accuracy, it feels unfair. I mean the flux and spectra doesn't even have that much damage (not more than soma anyways) so I see no reason to weaken them.

In fact, on high range, you would have to keep your Flux and Spectra on target, which is hard if their contour is small - thus even less reason to limit the range of Flux and Spectra.

You can say that their advantage is that their accuracy is not affected by mods so you can use a maxed heavy caliber without trouble. True. Make accuracy mods affect them like this:

More accuracy means better focus of lens, thus higher range. Less accuracy, less range. There it is, everyone is happy. It would look absolutely fun to cut through a large room with flux's laser and snipe the guy on the other side. It screams for this range. Really does.

(By the way, Lanka could use some beam-like shot, it would add to the immersion... or at least a well visible projectile, instead of the current one - corpus used railgun moa-like snipers before, why not give the effect of that to Lanka? It is supposedly a railgun like that after all...I won't even mention Lanka's lack of penetration compared to that of the Railgun-Moas. Oh I just did.)

It really doesn't matter what frame you use outside of maybe volt, every frame suffers the same problem with it.

Endgame you aren't going to want to be 6m away from anyone because one unload and your dead. Maybe trinity with blessing spam, but even then that is cutting it incredibly close.

Again, just a slight range buff would go a long way.

-========================================

Don't know why everyone has to be an &#! about it considering this is the main drawback of the gun and the reason a lot of people never use it.

In answer to the bold part: Trinity does fine, Ash does fine (better infact), Loki does fine, Excalibur does fine, Vauban does fine, Rhino does fine,  Mag does fine.....that's almost half the warframes able to fit the Embolist playstyle into the way their frame works.

Which is probably why people are being an &#! about it because they've managed to find ways to use the gun that is complimented by their playstyle and warframe set up of choice. People are also being an &#! about it because there are people who have posted exactly how they're managing with it as is and you've simply replied calling them trolls and slating their playstyle. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

In answer to the bold part: Trinity does fine, Ash does fine (better infact), Loki does fine, Excalibur does fine, Vauban does fine, Rhino does fine,  Mag does fine.....that's almost half the warframes able to fit the Embolist playstyle into the way their frame works.

Which is probably why people are being an &#! about it because they've managed to find ways to use the gun that is complimented by their playstyle and warframe set up of choice. People are also being an &#! about it because there are people who have posted exactly how they're managing with it as is and you've simply replied calling them trolls and slating their playstyle. Oh well.

just got it and... im dissapointed.

I have to literally hug the mobs to hit them - and being short range and gas flying in your face when you move.. its hard to judge the distance.

Now it MIGHT work vs infested.... if you are insane beefy tank so u can tank all those mobs around you.

Tighter cone, mroe spread.

Or rather.. 2 mods - one makes cone smaller and longer and the other makes it wider.

just got it and... im dissapointed.

I have to literally hug the mobs to hit them - and being short range and gas flying in your face when you move.. its hard to judge the distance.

Now it MIGHT work vs infested.... if you are insane beefy tank so u can tank all those mobs around you.

Tighter cone, mroe spread.

Or rather.. 2 mods - one makes cone smaller and longer and the other makes it wider.

valkyr, ripline, heavy impact, obex, spray the day away.

lethal torrent helps. a lot.