Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lavos: 69

Since my last overly convoluted Lavos build got absolutely no traction, I decided to make another, Overly convoluted Lavos build but for no special reason.

me making builds is like trying to learn how to tie knots in different ways, no matter how creative you get with it, it's still going to do the exact same thing, tying knots.

so for this Build case, there absolutely no gimmicks, no extra braincell used other than the ones contributed for actually making that build.

Spoiler

TR5IRpH.jpeg

The Good thing about this (other than how symmetrical, balanced and tidy it looks) is that it's made to adapt, no stat is lower than the other, so no need to compensate for anything.

it still has the amazing augment, and it still has average efficiency, still tanky, and you can boost your stats even more with Molt Efficiency And if you have it Arcane power ramp that both give you 36% extra duration and strength respectively, Perfectly balanced.

I'm going to ignore all the memes and just say the number 69 looks like a ying and yang, or an upside down cancer symbol for those who like horoscopes for some God forsaken reason.

but yeah, I've been running this build for a while now, and it's really comfortable, and as much as I like Gimmicks in this game, not worrying about what certain set up I should follow is a relief.

maybe the only thing that bothers me is not using prime continuity, since it's basically free duration, but hey...you can't really get 69% duration with it, so womp womp :(

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Prof-Dante:

Since my last overly convoluted Lavos build got absolutely no traction, I decided to make another, Overly convoluted Lavos build but for no special reason.

me making builds is like trying to learn how to tie knots in different ways, no matter how creative you get with it, it's still going to do the exact same thing, tying knots.

so for this Build case, there absolutely no gimmicks, no extra braincell used other than the ones contributed for actually making that build.

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

TR5IRpH.jpeg

The Good thing about this (other than how symmetrical, balanced and tidy it looks) is that it's made to adapt, no stat is lower than the other, so no need to compensate for anything.

it still has the amazing augment, and it still has average efficiency, still tanky, and you can boost your stats even more with Molt Efficiency And if you have it Arcane power ramp that both give you 36% extra duration and strength respectively, Perfectly balanced.

I'm going to ignore all the memes and just say the number 69 looks like a ying and yang, or an upside down cancer symbol for those who like horoscopes for some God forsaken reason.

but yeah, I've been running this build for a while now, and it's really comfortable, and as much as I like Gimmicks in this game, not worrying about what certain set up I should follow is a relief.

maybe the only thing that bothers me is not using prime continuity, since it's basically free duration, but hey...you can't really get 69% duration with it, so womp womp :(

maybe exchange umbra armor with str? because it hardly scales.
and extra arcane brings a lot. especially if you do dmg with weapons=?

One really simple change I would recommend for this build is to replace Blind Rage with Umbral Intensify; you'll get 22% less Power Strength, but you'll no longer be taking such a large hit to Efficiency while also getting a significant boost to your EHP from the added armor and health.

And from that point there's a bit of a chain reaction that can take place depending on your preferences:

1. Do you still need 60% Efficiency from Fleeting Expertise?  If not, you can use that slot to boost a stat while getting your 60% Duration refunded.
  2. If you got that Duration refunded, do you still need Narrow-minded?  If not, you could (for example) use Primed Continuity instead, and now you've got a hefty Range refund as well.
  3. If you got that Range refund, do you still need Overextended?  If not, maybe you could use something like Augur Reach, and then you'd get a refund of Strength.
  4. If you got a refund of Strength, then hey, you've actually got more Strength than you had with Blind Rage!  Enjoy!

2 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

One really simple change I would recommend for this build is to replace Blind Rage with Umbral Intensify; you'll get 22% less Power Strength, but you'll no longer be taking such a large hit to Efficiency while also getting a significant boost to your EHP from the added armor and health.

And from that point there's a bit of a chain reaction that can take place depending on your preferences:

1. Do you still need 60% Efficiency from Fleeting Expertise?  If not, you can use that slot to boost a stat while getting your 60% Duration refunded.
  2. If you got that Duration refunded, do you still need Narrow-minded?  If not, you could (for example) use Primed Continuity instead, and now you've got a hefty Range refund as well.
  3. If you got that Range refund, do you still need Overextended?  If not, maybe you could use something like Augur Reach, and then you'd get a refund of Strength.
  4. If you got a refund of Strength, then hey, you've actually got more Strength than you had with Blind Rage!  Enjoy!

sure, but I won't get that perfect 69% on every stat lol

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

maybe exchange umbra armor with str? because it hardly scales.
and extra arcane brings a lot. especially if you do dmg with weapons=?

With Umbra armor I get 85% damage reduction, I wonder if Adaptation is better...or maybe any other survivability method...I still can't figure out how to make Lavos survive on levels past regular steel path, I mean I can use Varazin sure, but It's better If I'm self sustained.

and this build because it's so balanced around every stat, I have the freedom to do weapon damage if I want, and ability damage if I want. or a bit of both...I'm a bit short on Arcanes, only have Reconstruct, Steadfast and efficiency maxed out...most of my arcanes are sold out or got diffused.

1 minute ago, Prof-Dante said:

sure, but I won't get that perfect 69% on every stat lol

In that case what you definitely need to do is get Efficiency at 69%, too.  It's the lone flaw.  With Archon Shards you can boost Strength and/or Duration by up to 75%, so I'm guessing that with the proper adjustments you'll be able to truly finish what you started. ;)

2 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

With Umbra armor I get 85% damage reduction, I wonder if Adaptation is better

Adaptation multiplies with the damage reduction from Lavos's base armor, which would generally result in more than 85% damage reduction.  It also starts affects his shields and starts building stacks while hitting his shields, so if all you care about is survival, generally speaking Adaptation would probably be the more effective choice in terms of DR.  I would guess the additional DR would be worth the lower health from Umbral Vitality (I don't want to do that much math).

Obviously it wouldn't work for your 69% build, but I personally think Lavos is a prime candidate for a full Umbral build plus Adaptation.  Then you get a tanky boi with a ton of utility.  But that's how I play: I like to make a build where I don't have to put much effort into survival.

2 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

Adaptation multiplies with the damage reduction from Lavos's base armor, which would generally result in more than 85% damage reduction.  It also starts affects his shields and starts building stacks while hitting his shields, so if all you care about is survival, generally speaking Adaptation would probably be the more effective choice in terms of DR.  I would guess the additional DR would be worth the lower health from Umbral Vitality (I don't want to do that much math).

Obviously it wouldn't work for your 69% build, but I personally think Lavos is a prime candidate for a full Umbral build plus Adaptation.  Then you get a tanky boi with a ton of utility.  But that's how I play: I like to make a build where I don't have to put much effort into survival.

Guess how much damage reduction Lavos gets with his base armor?

that's right, 69%!

Everything makes sense now...

But really wouldn't be better to remove both umbral mods, have steel fiber + adaptation...and then change the aura to physique? that way I am getting a lot less damage overall.

I wonder if Lavos would get additional augments for Transmutation probe or vial rush that boosts his defensive side more...maybe a Vial rush augment that grants him x Overguard with each time an enemy is damaged by the pool of broken vials 

1 minute ago, Prof-Dante said:

But really wouldn't be better to remove both umbral mods, have steel fiber + adaptation...and then change the aura to physique? that way I am getting a lot less damage overall.

I mean, that would mean you have less armor.  But more importantly, you'd have significantly less health.  And the thing about Adaptation is that it starts with 0% DR, so you need a sizeable enough EHP pool to survive until your DR ramps up.  And generally speaking, when it comes to EHP, if you have to choose either health or armor, health is the better stat to invest in.  If you want to experience that first-hand, calculate the EHP of Lavos with only Vitality, then calculate the EHP of Lavos with only Steel Fiber.