Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Weapon Buffs

Crequao

One of the biggest problems for most of them is that they can’t get guaranteed crits which leads to inconsistency in their damage. Status is not that big of problem for them as raw damage setups have shown value like regulators and valkyr’s talons. Also a good portion of them is not even valuable or good without their augments.

I heard we getting new Arcanes so I hope we get more unique or ability focused ones. For example, an arcane that make Exalted weapons duration based with a cooldown, similar to the Enraged augment but maybe a 50% multiplicative increase in damage and not duration/cooldown not affected by mods because most times they are worse than regular weapons but they drain energy to a point it feel like it better off not building for it. 

IK my suggestion is pretty much a bandaid fix but I don’t think DE will actually go out their way to individually look and buff these weapons/abilities

• Like 1

Exaulted Weapons are still treated as warframe abilities that are ONLY affected by power strength. Exaulted Weapons should scale with other stats as well. Even Mesa's Peacemaker.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Crequao said:

One of the biggest problems for most of them is that they can’t get guaranteed crits which leads to inconsistency in their damage. Status is not that big of problem for them as raw damage setups have shown value like regulators and valkyr’s talons. Also a good portion of them is not even valuable or good without their augments.

...And then we have the Balefire Charger, no crit, no status, no fire rate, no Arcane, no Exilus slot, no Riven, and a useless 3m AoE than only serves to disable even more mods and interactions (no headshot multiplier, no Gundition Overload). I would literally take an MK 1 melee with no Forma and no Potato over the Trashfire Charger.

And the augment reduces your DPS even further because the charge rate is slower than 2x the fire rate, while only dealing double damage per charged shot (and it does nothing on uncharged shots). And when you have Overshields your first shot sends the enemies flying *everywhere* without killing them, protecting them from follow up shots. You couldn't design a worse weapon if you tried.

O5p7Y3P.png

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 4

Aren't arcanes supposed to be universal? I don't see how you can make it exalted-only compatible, that is reserved for other stuff like augments or archon effects imo. I would not want to see a trend with that, although I think the channeled ability arcanes kinda overstepped that though imo.

One idea I thought of is that they can create an arcane that heavily incentivizes it such as channeled abilities have no energy cost after melee kill? But like, we have gotten tons of stuff for exalted weapons, even if not directly told so, and people just choose to ignore them? Like, there are numerous ways of dealing with energy drain yet you are still complaining its an issue?

Another thing is that I think they are also wanting to remove pusedo-exalteds so maybe they'll use that to add some more power to exalted weapons?

And I don't know what you mean by a weapon being barred by its crit power. I have beefed them up to make that not a problem. Are you saying that a single additional way of getting crit chance would make them all be good?

I think specifically excalibur's exalted weapon needs some love.
Slash dash builds with a min-maxed incarnon ceramic dagger is better than just using chromatic blade at this point.

Maybe Ivara too? idk my noctua slaps and i feel like artemis bow needs some more oomph  like a perfect charge or something

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 2

I would suggest to either Add arcane slots to the exhalted weapons or have the arcane on your quipped melee weapon affect them (Garuda would need an arcane slot since she can't have a melee with her talons up). With the introduction of melee arcanes, Exhalted weapons have become way too underpowered compared to normal weapons. While testing some Baruuk builds, I came to the conclusion that I'm better off just swaping his desert wind, despite that boing his defining ability, which most of his synergies revolve around. Also, for the love of god, make his desert wind share combo with his melee or at least gain combo from it's ranged hits, As it is, it's a pain to build up and play.

Don't get me wrong, you can still slap most things but, when compared to normal weapons, with arcanes, exhalted weapons fall far behind.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Numerounius said:

Aren't arcanes supposed to be universal? I don't see how you can make it exalted-only compatible, that is reserved for other stuff like augments or archon effects imo. I would not want to see a trend with that, although I think the channeled ability arcanes kinda overstepped that though imo.

One idea I thought of is that they can create an arcane that heavily incentivizes it such as channeled abilities have no energy cost after melee kill? But like, we have gotten tons of stuff for exalted weapons, even if not directly told so, and people just choose to ignore them? Like, there are numerous ways of dealing with energy drain yet you are still complaining its an issue?

Another thing is that I think they are also wanting to remove pusedo-exalteds so maybe they'll use that to add some more power to exalted weapons?

And I don't know what you mean by a weapon being barred by its crit power. I have beefed them up to make that not a problem. Are you saying that a single additional way of getting crit chance would make them all be good?

I wouldn’t say you are entirely correct about Arcanes need to be universal because we had arcane trickery before universal source of finisher was available, also energize have no purpose on Lavos and hildryn, as well as barrier and aegis not being useful on kullervo, inaros, and Nidus. 

Yeah I beefed them up as well, as I got to level cap with exalted blade but energy becomes a huge problem with eximus not being affected by cc so you constantly have to waste energy to keep shield gating up especially with the higher constant spawn rate of them the longer you stay. In certain mission it is better to leave them inactive until a priority target but most regular weapons can deal with it as easily or better but don’t have to go through the constant casting animation. It might be the type of content I play that is why I have some bad views on them but disregarding that, exalted weapons are objectively worse than some regular weapons.

55 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Even if she twchnically has 2 with her 4

Do I want a weapon that is worse than any other weapon I could possibly equip *and* drains my shields with each shot, or do I want to be a sitting duck in the air, making for excellent target practice for Eximus units, and otherwise be unable to do anything at all, hard choices! ...Can I have 2 Helminth abilities instead please?

Of course you could also not use any Helminth ability and be a sitting duck shooting an impotent weapon! How fun!

• Like 4