The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please for the love of all that is holy. Do not add Alchemy to Circuit

ToastyGrimlock98

I don't think people even understand how Alchemy drop functions. It's clearly not, "kill as fast as you can so the loot can drop as much as possible."

57 minutes ago, ominumi said:

I don't think people even understand how Alchemy drop functions. It's clearly not, "kill as fast as you can so the loot can drop as much as possible."

Well if there’s some special thing to be doing the game sure as hell doesn’t explain it.

42 minutes ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

Well if there’s some special thing to be doing the game sure as hell doesn’t explain it.

Right. Just like how survival fissures are.

Anyone up for explaining what the error is then? Because all I'm seeing is a bunch of "Yeah huh!" and "Nuh uh!" in this thread. If Alchemy isn't actually meant to be a time-consuming slog, what are we doing wrong that makes it take so long?

• Like 1

The important thing is they FIX THE PIPE BUG before they add this to circuit

Don't be a dumbass developer add bug mission into circuit and waste our time

Posted (edited)

The circuit already takes long enough each week. A slow, slog mode like Alchemy is going to make it take longer. This would be a different conversation if Alchemy were actually a fun game mode and not a shallow, rehashed volatile with extra steps, which it absolutely is.

Edited by RyllusPurple
  • Like 2

On 2024-04-28 at 8:05 AM, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

Unless you plan to massively speed up its gameplay and make it more convenient  to play I will more than likely never play circuit again if Alchemy is put in it.

it is one of the most dragged out and unfun game modes I’ve played in the game. 

I agree this sounds miserable

On 2024-04-28 at 9:59 AM, Numerounius said:

It is tedious, throwing amphors is a novelty at best and quickly turns into tedium.

Squad scaling, why is this here? And why is it so harsh?

Agreed.  Like why is Alchemy being shoved into other areas like fissures and the circuit?  It's not good.  It's tedious.  You chuck grenades incessantly and then switch into gee-I-hope-my-team-won't-grief-me mode.  The only other worse recent game mode that I can think of is Armageddon, which I think most people have forgotten exists.  At least that game mode seems to be safely ensconced in the "This was a mistake, and we won't be revisiting it" camp, much like Orphix.  I'm knocking on wood as I type this.

• Like 2

Im completely fine with Part 1 of alchemy is added (combine elements).
BUT NOT THE PART 2.... MAINTAIN CRAP.... this wont hold up in Circuit... not with pugs!

Posted (edited)

Alchemy is a good example of a game mode where your team mates can unintentionally grief you - none of the other mission types in the circuit work that way, even Survival since the maps are so small that your team mates can't mess it up by running all over the place. Alchemy is just poorly designed for that reason - your team mates can absolutely ruin it for you. I truly hope it does not get into the circuit, that would really suck. The Circuit is one of my favorite game modes, actually, and I enjoy doing it weekly but this would really make it a lot less fun.

On 2024-05-08 at 5:49 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

Agreed.  Like why is Alchemy being shoved into other areas like fissures and the circuit?  It's not good.  It's tedious.  You chuck grenades incessantly and then switch into gee-I-hope-my-team-won't-grief-me mode.  The only other worse recent game mode that I can think of is Armageddon, which I think most people have forgotten exists.  At least that game mode seems to be safely ensconced in the "This was a mistake, and we won't be revisiting it" camp, much like Orphix.  I'm knocking on wood as I type this.

Alchemy seems far worse than Armageddon tbh. Armageddon suffers from some pretty silly mistakes, like a massive map, non-scaling turrets, and generally just mechanics that don't work. If you cut the map down to 1/3rd of the size, gave better turrets, let turrets scale up somehow, etc, it could be a really good mode. It isn't fundamentally broken.

Alchemy is fundamentally broken.

1. Team mates can 'waste' the amphors by throwing them and missing

2. Team mates can shoot the vents at the wrong time, it's actually very hard to do this right even if your team doesn't suck just because coordination in Warframe is impossible (for the best, frankly)

3. It's tedious and extremely slow

I get that some people apparently like it, I can't really empathize with that but okay I guess there are people out there who enjoy it. But it is *bad gameplay* when your team can unintentionally grief you, especially when they can do it in so many ways.

Edited by insanitybit
  • Like 1

On 2024-04-30 at 5:36 AM, Faultron said:

voidflood  is terrible lol, its made for titania only and on top of that it is long.
It is the same terrible content like collect the murmur eyes.

You being bad at the game's parkour system does not make parts of the game that require you to engage in it bad.

The parkour system is the best part of the game. Learn it.

That being said, the game really needs to do a much better job actually teaching it to players, and maybe providing a parkour playground of some sort for players to actually practice the system, instead of pawning that job off onto clans. The little tutorials at the start of awakening and duviri paradox, and the one buried in the codex under ""advanced movement"" barely scratch the surface of how movement actually works.

We need more gamemodes and maps that force players to engage in the movement system imo.

• Like 2

On the other hand, Alchemy will make each rotation 7 missions which directly reduces the amount of excavations needed for longer runs. Four person Alchemy scaling feels a bit slow but excavations are still a major hang up for SP Circuit.

• 2 months later...

This was bad idea IMO the box is bad it breaks the flow of the circuit so many un needed other elements drop its boring bad bad idea 

But interception is Circuit would be even worse so there is that 

TBH i hope its removed but atp im not sure of it