Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please for the love of all that is holy. Do not add Alchemy to Circuit

ToastyGrimlock98

Unless you plan to massively speed up its gameplay and make it more convenient  to play I will more than likely never play circuit again if Alchemy is put in it.

it is one of the most dragged out and unfun game modes I’ve played in the game. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

I disagree, it's great fun, and incentives team play much more than Kuva Flood does, where playing alone drastically increases the completion speed.

Kuva flood is a regular mission with a Kuva siphon in it. IDK how that’s really a comparison.

I also don’t really see how it incentivizes team play as you’re just going around killing, hoping for the right element to drop, and then hoping that the hit detection doesn’t bork up when you throw it at the machine. Rinse and repeat for what feels like 50 times and then extract because I’d rather play defection than this gamemode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

it's great fun

Unless you get numbnnuts who keep destroying everything that is marked, effectively making 2nd phase take forever.

54 minutes ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

Kuva flood is a regular mission with a Kuva siphon in it. IDK how that’s really a comparison.

I think he meant Void Flood, as it is the variant we get in the Circuit.

I don't play Circut anymore and I do think that Alchemy should not be added to the circut for a couple of reasons. Finished it after getting the tennokais quickly while extraction was somehow not fixed for a whole 2 months and begging them to fix it.

It is tedious, throwing amphors is a novelty at best and quickly turns into tedium.

Squad scaling, why is this here? And why is it so harsh? Void Flood has it but it a minor step up but Alchemy takes it up to a degree of absurdity. Please remove it or make it not as noticeable. The worst part is that spawns are still fixed, for steel path which is what 90% of people playing circut are doing, regardless of squad size on top of the squad scaling therefore double-punishing you because of squad scaling since you could still throw Amphors at the same rate even if you don't have 3 extra people.

Dividing up tasks in such a way that Alchemy does will always mean that certain squad members will not be pulling their weight even if everyone supposedly does something for the gamemode.

Mobile Defense, this task still has a mobile defense element to it why?

• Like 3

the amphor drop rates are too low, it's just going to slow the circuit down disproportionately for groups and speed it up for solo players. The potential issues with clients and hitting pipes in volatile in the circuit are going to be a nightmare. Alchemy doesn't even have any depth to it's objective or mechanics, it should not have become a fissure either.

Edited by RyllusPurple
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Unless you get numbnnuts who keep destroying everything that is marked, effectively making 2nd phase take forever.

I think he meant Void Flood, as it is the variant we get in the Circuit.

Void flood is at least a nice break in circuit. A gamemode where you don’t have to worry about any objective or killing enough enemies. Just collect the orbs and deposit them. It can get you that extra bit of progress XP before needing to bail.

2 minutes ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

Void flood is at least a nice break in circuit. A gamemode where you don’t have to worry about any objective or killing enough enemies. Just collect the orbs and deposit them. It can get you that extra bit of progress XP before needing to bail.

It is. But it is substantially faster if you play solo due to mission scaling, while Alchemy mission scaling is still broken, at least for normal missions (it takes into accounnt initial squad size, not the current one).

10 minutes ago, Faultron said:

voidflood  is terrible lol, its made for titania only and on top of that it is long.
It is the same terrible content like collect the murmur eyes.

void flood is the only FUN mode in the game. all you have to do is double jump. If you can't play it without titania...you might be bad at platforming.

Edited by RyllusPurple
  • Like 2

If double jump would be enough i would not complain, sadly it is not.

So for you, fun is when you dont have to shoot things. You might need to play a platformer game. Warframe used to be a shooter.
Yes i am "bad" at platforming, i play fps games for gunplay mainly.

hace 1 hora, Faultron dijo:

If double jump would be enough i would not complain, sadly it is not.

So for you, fun is when you dont have to shoot things. You might need to play a platformer game. Warframe used to be a shooter.

then that's just your problem. This game is not intended for your exclusive enjoyment.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

2 hours ago, Faultron said:

double jump would be enough i would not complain, sadly it is not.

4 hours ago, Faultron said:

voidflood  is terrible lol, its made for titania only and on top of that it is long.
It is the same terrible content like collect the murmur eyes.

You may not like it etc but Circuit version is easy. It doesn't need Titania or any "flying" frame.

On 2024-04-28 at 6:05 AM, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

Unless you plan to massively speed up its gameplay and make it more convenient  to play I will more than likely never play circuit again if Alchemy is put in it.

it is one of the most dragged out and unfun game modes I’ve played in the game. 

Alchemy is already a very fast mission you must be doing it wrong.

Also, it's another game mode you can't really fail which means you have an extra round between defense rounds which is good for everyone

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

That's not really for us to decide though. If anything I'm glad the circuit actually gets an update, wouldn't mind seeing more gamemodes added, namely interception and disruption.

Alchemy isn't so bad, it's just a skill issue.

It’s 100% up for us to decide.

these forums exist for a reason. For us to give feedback and tell DE what isn’t working or what isn’t going to work (we’ve literally stopped them from nerfing IPS and rendering Hunter Munitions useless in the past).

If you’re not on the forums to try and make a change then why are you even here?

4 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Alchemy is already a very fast mission you must be doing it wrong.

Also, it's another game mode you can't really fail which means you have an extra round between defense rounds which is good for everyone

Alchemy has NEVER gone fast for me. It has always taken upwards of 15 minutes to fill the big mixer thing. And that’s with me doing everything I can to get the right elements dropping.

Edited by ToastyGrimlock98
  • Like 2

Alchemy is fine, if you don't just run off and kill enemies all over the place.

The key, is to group enemies up next to the Crucible, and then just pick up and chuck any and all Amphor into the crucible.

Boom, done. You'll be finished a round in about 2-4 minutes doing this.

51 minutes ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

It’s 100% up for us to decide.

these forums exist for a reason. For us to give feedback and tell DE what isn’t working or what isn’t going to work (we’ve literally stopped them from nerfing IPS and rendering Hunter Munitions useless in the past).

If you’re not on the forums to try and make a change then why are you even here?

Alchemy has NEVER gone fast for me. It has always taken upwards of 15 minutes to fill the big mixer thing. And that’s with me doing everything I can to get the right elements dropping.

I've been able to run the steel path alchemy bounty in under 5 minutes. are you just not getting a lot of kills for the drops?

I 100% Agree, do not and I mean DO NOT add More Tedious game modes to the circuit especially alchemy, it will be so finicky and annoying. just picking up and throwing the elements in, trying to avoid level cap enemies 1 shoting you because you got bad RNG for warframe picks.

so Im going to make a list of game modes id rather stay/be in circuit and changes:

• Survival
  • Extermination
  • Void Flood (reduce the amount of ruptures to 3)
  • Assassination
  • Defence
  • Excavation 
  • Mirror Defence
  • Distruption

Game modes that SHOULD NOT be added:

• Alchemy
  • Interception
  • Any short game modes (capture, rescue, ect)
  • Defection (dont know how they would even fit that in circuit)
  • Sabotage
  • Essentially anything I left out of the list of things I would rather be in circuit
Edited by ExcaliburSpecter

14 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I've been able to run the steel path alchemy bounty in under 5 minutes. are you just not getting a lot of kills for the drops?

I am literally getting all the kills and next to nothing drops. And anything that does is for the elements I don’t need.

Alchemy is just too time consuming in a group. If they scale the base amount needed down and then scale it up with the stage number, that could be a decent trade off, but the cap on amphor drops needs to go, since we'll spend just as much time chucking the useless ones away. At any given point we only need half the amphor types, so doubling the drops would make things faster.