The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Reaction To The New Stalker Lore?

DeadD59

It makes NO sense in the context of everything else we've seen, at all, whatsoever.

It's disheartening and makes the entire game feel gross.

I don't know who or what inspired them to put that in there, but it doesn't fit, it makes no sense. Why?

Dem feels. Damn you DE. We were suppose to be the protector. We were suppose to be the ones who put things in order! <insert YouWeretheChosenOne!.jpg here>

I like the stalker lore, I find it quite a intresting twist in the lore.

Edited by Utarious

It makes NO sense in the context of everything else we've seen, at all, whatsoever.

It's disheartening and makes the entire game feel gross.

I don't know who or what inspired them to put that in there, but it doesn't fit, it makes no sense. Why?

It explains why the other factions call us the betrayers.

Still don't have him scanned enough, can somebody tell me what happened?

Edit: Just read up on it, holy... I want to join the Stalker, screw the Lotus, screw Darvo.

Re-edit: After some points, I realized the Tenno might have been the victims in this case, and defending themselves, and the Stalker is just insane, I don't even know at this point.

Edited by N7Arthur

One of the reasons why people may feel disheartened by this is because they see the Orokins as victims at that moment, and in a way, it sure makes it feel like it was.

However, that's STILL assumptions. So far we've seen the PoV of the Stalker and the Orokin (in Exca Prime's codex entry), but not the Tenno themselves.

From what's said in Exca Prime's Codex, it's possible that the Tenno existed already and were not created by the Orokin. Instead, only their Warframe were created to accommodate their innate powers if they had some. "The twisted few" may refer to the Technocyte strain in their blood, if we follow the logic of Dark Sector and Hayden being the first Tenno. These two elements are further put in evidence when the entry says that "we built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction."

Affliction = cause of pain

Technocyte Virus in Dark Sector's supposed to inflict pain on the user, eventually making it unbearable to the point of losing sanity

Hayden was able to deal with the affliction because of a strange sickness he had.

Additionally, it's possible that the Prime Warframes had a certain ability to control the Tenno much like Orokin Tower Neural Sentry. In Exca Prime's codex entry, it did say "A new warrior, a new code was born," after the Orokin gave them the Warframe + weapons.

To come back to the "twisted few," it specifically says "we took the twisted few," so the Tenno may have been taken by force/brain-washed or something, and hailed as saviors to erase suspicions. After finding this out during the battle against the Sentients, they turned against the Orokin (all theory of course).

We don't know why the Tenno massacred the Orokin right after serving them in the war. We don't know what they learned from the Sentients during the war, if anything. This blur puts the Tenno in a grey zone and we can't assume that the Orokins were complete victims yet.

Edited by Casardis