Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does double credit work?

voctris

Posted (edited)

I just completed 3 rounds of index at the lowest level. Went in with 3.2+ mil credits. Rewards say 915000  credits. But my total credit only went to 3.8 mil. The 285000 boosted credits seems missing. 

Edit: Tried once more. Credits went up by 600000. Not the 915000 shown. 

Edited by voctris

Posted (edited)

Index is jank with the double credits bonus

The double credits mechanic was only ever intended to work with drops (credits physically dropped by enemies and crates) and mission end (a fixed value assigned to each mission, such as the 100,000 you get from Sorties). The "Credit cache" items you get from like Excavation and stuff are definitely not boosted

Index was SUPPOSED to be given a special exception so that it COULD be boosted, but it always manages to be buggy

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It doubles the profit parts, not the investment (wager) part, investement gets returned after completed round, but it is not a subject to any multipliers. 

The end screen however counts those investments as a profit, which is double wrong because you already started with that amount of credits.

In practice:

Lowest level index is 30k wager, 105k return, 75k profit. In 3 rounds you get 90k wager, 315 return and 225k profit. With double credits it goes up to 90k wager, 540k return and 450k profit.

You are clearly talking about high index, not sure why you say lowest level.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, voctris said:

I just completed 3 rounds of index at the lowest level. Went in with 3.2+ mil credits. Rewards say 915000  credits. But my total credit only went to 3.8 mil. The 285000 boosted credits seems missing. 

Edit: Tried once more. Credits went up by 600000. Not the 915000 shown. 

2 hours ago, voctris said:

h9sohRH.png

EvUL15q.png

Looking at the screenshots, the "return: 105k x3" and the "315k credit reward" are actually the same reward. Sounds like you added 315k plus 285k plus 315k together. The UI is misleading, so you've actually double counted the 315k.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Looking at the screenshots, the "return: 105k x3" and the "315k credit reward" are actually the same reward. Sounds like you added 315k plus 285k plus 315k together. The UI is misleading, so you've actually double counted the 315k.

The Index UI has been misleading for several years now and still not fixed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

That makes sense. I did not double count. I was just curious how the total displayed on the UI, which is 915000, was not reflected in my total credits.