Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Cernos...

Yefrign

Currently one of the biggest issues present with corpus is that Crewman's heads are bugged and as far as I know it's being worked on, now that won't fix Cernos entirely but right now  Corpus Crewman and tech's are sitting near the top of the difficulty spectrum because they take little to no headshot damage. Cernos needs a buff infact I feel that impact needs a buff overall as shields are fast becoming the stonewall that armor used to be.

The crewman are meant to take little to no headshot damage?

Ok I think you've overlooked the function of this bow completely.

Look at it's status chance, The shape of the arrow, The generally quick rate of fire for a bow.

It's a knockdown beast.

Serration, Split Chamber, Hammershot, Thunderbolt, Impact +, Crit damage+, Heat +, Ice +

Bam! 

Enemies bow down to this bow.

wut

srsly wat

Cernos underperforms MASSIVELY even in comparison to the other bows that underperform against almost anything else ingame

built cernos and aklex: specced cernos to focus on dmg vs corpus/shields/robotics, still performs MUCH WORSE than aklex that has been built for puncture dmg to take out armored targets

doing t1 voids, cernos can 1-shot corrupted lancers, but takes 2-3 shot to take out corrupted crewmen, WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?!?!?! (aklex is 1-shotting both, while being hitscan and having 12 rounds b4 reload)

as far as i can tell impact dmg is srsly underperforming in dmgv2, and needs to do +75% vs shields or something...

To me, they should make the Cernos more like an impact version of Paris.

Paris has 2.3 Impact, 33.8 puncture, 9.0 slash

Cernos has 30 impact, 2.0 puncture, 8.0 slash.

Wouldn't it make more sense if Cernos has 33.8 impact, 2.3 puncture and 8.0 slash ? To make it more of a fair alternative to Paris ? After all those are the same stats of Paris but with reversed impact and puncture.

• 1 month later...

Cernos needs to deal a lot more basic impact damage.

Paris's puncture damage is greata against armored targets.

Dread's slash damage is great against flesh targets.

However, Impact damage kills the shields (not really) but then does nothing more.

So if you want the arrow to deal damage after killiing the shields, you should have the arrow deal a lot more damage.

I believe nevertheless the problem with bows is the same as Banshee's problem with Silence: there aren't any stealth missions taht make them useful.

There should be missions which demanded a stealth gameplay. As long as there aren't, stealth weapons are going to make little to no sense at all.

• 4 weeks later...

wut

srsly wat

Cernos underperforms MASSIVELY even in comparison to the other bows that underperform against almost anything else ingame

built cernos and aklex: specced cernos to focus on dmg vs corpus/shields/robotics, still performs MUCH WORSE than aklex that has been built for puncture dmg to take out armored targets

doing t1 voids, cernos can 1-shot corrupted lancers, but takes 2-3 shot to take out corrupted crewmen, WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?!?!?! (aklex is 1-shotting both, while being hitscan and having 12 rounds b4 reload)

as far as i can tell impact dmg is srsly underperforming in dmgv2, and needs to do +75% vs shields or something...

That, and remove the silly -25% damage to flesh from impact damage.

• 1 month later...

a mi parecer la mejor configuración para el cernos con 30 puntos de polaridad es esta:

mods : golpe de impacto + rondas criogenicas + trueno + mutacion de flechas para no quedarce corto

el problema es con los grinner pesados aun les baja con dos flechas y con los corpus no hay lio por los escudos cuando usas a MAG se los eliminas y listo ...  he logrado bajarles de 6500 puntos a los infestados sin lio XD