Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Altra sentinel skin is bugged

Waeleto

1- the sigils aren't being place correctly rather they're placed where they would be on the skin of the sentinel you're using

2- the animation of the wings is broken

• Like 4

Thanks for the report!

We'll have a look at the Sigil offset for the skin.

I've checked with the team and the wing animation is supposed to act like it does currently. Some may say it's akin to a revving engine but to me, the little Sentinel is just a bit nervous.

Cheers!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, [DE]Purzzle said:

Thanks for the report!

I've checked with the team and the wing animation is supposed to act like it does currently. Some may say it's akin to a revving engine but to me, the little Sentinel is just a bit nervous.

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick confirmation!

5 hours ago, [DE]Purzzle said:

Thanks for the report!

Cheers!

Imo it looks hideous, and not particularly graceful or flowing like the enemy model does, the thing looks like it's having a spasm and not particularly orokin-y, if that makes any sense 

• Like 7

Just came to the forums to comment on that as well. The wings just look excessively twitchy to the point where the normal reaction is to assume they're bugged.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, jothki said:

Just came to the forums to comment on that as well. The wings just look excessively twitchy to the point where the normal reaction is to assume they're bugged.

Yeah, It's sad that it'll probably not be changed since not many people tend to care about sentinel skins so not a lot of feedback 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Also, aren't Altra's wings supposed to be some kind of jet engines? Because they are forward facing on Sentinels' other skins (and they don't shake at all).

A636ZyNl.jpg

ptaJOsel.jpg

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

Also, aren't Altra's wings supposed to be some kind of jet engines? Because they are forward facing on Sentinels' other skins (and they don't shake at all).

A636ZyNl.jpg

ptaJOsel.jpg

I was about to say the same thing, they should be facing downwards not forward (makes no sense). The shaking animation is so cringe... who came with this idea should have reconsidered it before implementing it. 

• Like 6

On 2024-05-17 at 4:31 PM, Kaiga said:

Imo it looks hideous, and not particularly graceful or flowing like the enemy model does, the thing looks like it's having a spasm and not particularly orokin-y, if that makes any sense 

Makes perfect sense to me. Agreed btw.

On 2024-05-18 at 3:31 AM, jothki said:

I thought the tail and wing attachments were bugged as well. I logged in specifically to comment on this.

On 2024-05-17 at 10:40 AM, [DE]Purzzle said:

Thanks for the report!

Cheers!

Wait what? It's supposed to? I'm sorry but I didn't spend 1000 ducats or so for a sentinel skin set to act like it's having a nervous breakdown. That said I understand you're just the messenger. Please inform the team that they should seriously reconsider changing the appendage animations to something smooth and stable, which would be consistent with all other Sentinels.

• Like 4

On 2024-05-17 at 4:40 PM, [DE]Purzzle said:

Thanks for the report!

Cheers!

IF this is really the intended animation and wing placement then the person that came to the conclusion that this is fine should be made to look at it for at least an hour a day. I'm sorry it looks not even a bit intentional. You guys have a history of releasing buggy AF skins for companions and sentinels and not really care about them after their release. I get it it doesn't generate money for someone to fix bugged animations, skins and models.

But it also looks a bit strange for a company your size to release stuff that is clearly bugged, not notice it for years (whole other can of worms here) and then subsequently proceed to ignore it for a few more years. It sure was money well spent if people take a look at the shiny new toy they spent their time (or money, whatever the case may be) on grinding only to see it is at best janky looking and in some cases only marginally functional, only to turn around and put it on the ever growing 'never touch again' pile.

Small stuff like this doesn't seem like much at first glance but in my personal experience it really adds up to a major problem. I've had quite a few people quit in frustration because of exactly this modus operandi.

I know I'm barking about minor crap at the messenger, but I think that is also kind of part the job :) Reading all this rambling feedback and give the developers a general idea about the community sentiment. So I think it's not barking up the wrong tree. Right place, right tree. The tree is here so the dev's don't have to deal with us angry old nerds shouting on the internet and continue to do their job :D

Angry old nerd ramblings over, sorry

• Like 5