The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Kuva Hek's status chance bugged or am I going crazy?

8dosl4E.png

I rather consistently get 4 status procs in testing, using the alt fire (ignore the Viral procs, there's only Corrosive on the weapon).

This is at 21.3% status chance per pellet, and a total of 106.4 multishot. Where's my ~22 status procs per shot? What is going on???

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

Might wanna recheck the alt-fire stats

Well there are no alt fire stats mentioned in-game, and the trait just says it "fires four barrels simultaneously" - so the alt fire having 3% status chance is a bug I presume?

Edited by Traumtulpe

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Well there are no alt fire stats mentioned in-game, and the trait just says it "fires four barrels simultaneously" - so the alt fire having 3% status chance is a bug I presume?

Not a bug, just unfortunate consequences of status chance is calculated. There's a value stored by the game, which is then divided by the base multishot of the weapon to get the per pellet status chance. For Kuva Hek, that number is 93%, so each pellet of the primary fire has 93%/7 = ~13.29% status chance.
The alt-fire also has 93% as that value (unrelated to the primary fire, it could easily be changed to be say 300%), so each pellet has 93%/28 = ~3.32% status chance.

So not a bug, more so a potential oversight. Just as easily could be intended.

Edited by Arbitrary
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Well there are no alt fire stats mentioned in-game

There are numerous things not mentioned in the game that are in wiki and true (some weven untrue).

Main problem with it showing in game is that it is a variant of different weapon that doesnt have this mechanics.

It is more of how status chance is calculated for shotguns. 

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Arbitrary said:

So not a bug, more so a potential oversight. Just as easily could be intended.

That's likely the case. Anyhow, I'm not interested in a weapon with 3% status chance, so it would be nice if the game could at least mention it in the description or stats page - this would have saved me the trouble of getting the Kuva Hek, which unfortunately turned out to be mastery fodder.

2 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

Might wanna recheck the alt-fire stats

I'm not sure what I expected with the stats but wow the Kuva Hek alt-fire is truly just 4 regular shots mashed together. There is no trick used to make it function or anything to make it stand out with an extra big ommpth. And like all the other weapons the 60% elemental bonus is really pulling its weight here.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Numerounius said:

I'm not sure what I expected with the stats but wow the Kuva Hek alt-fire is truly just 4 regular shots mashed together.

Except for the part where it has like 1/4 the status chance, which kinda makes it not really worth using against anything that is vulnerable to procs. That leaves it as a completely generic, single target, very short range, low status shotgun, akin to the Tigris Prime, and this kind of gun hasn't been good since shotgun status chance got gutted.

Except of course that the Tigris Prime actually has infinitely longer range than the Hek, with a tighter spread and a falloff that is not only further, but also at minimum still >50% damage, whereas the Hek can't effectively be used outside of melee range and falls off to 1% damage lol.

Edited by Traumtulpe

Huh, I thought DE had already fixed this issue.

I'm thinking of Quartakk, its shots were turned into an "instant burst" type, where the Status Chance
does NOT get split up since it's technically multiple shots in sequence, just with no delay between them.

It should be possible to do the same for Kuva Hek, surely.

• Like 2